Teaser Video for Vorici, Master Assassin

when can i buy that armor set ? now that is how i want to look in game!
Holy fu**ng sh*t I need it! I need it like a large Coldstone -- gotta have it!

I need it!
I hope the 5 Fusings required to 4L only works for armors. Because if it only takes 5 fusings to 4L-guarantee everytime I have a 4S item (helm/gloves/boots) I won't be bothering trying to use the old crafting method to link my stuffs, which in itself is sad to think about. Because that just destroys the old school RNG method and the whole purpose behind the current crafting method. I find it exciting about the guarantee'd 6L with 1500fusings, because it's actually hard and the odds can play against you and ruin your bank, thus having an impact on one's gaming experience of PoE. But for anything less "expensive", I think it's just lame now how you can just guarantee craft anything :(

Please revamp the new system
"
Ggiant85 wrote:
"
TwistedTrip wrote:
"
Andrew676 wrote:
intresting...

I usually use 20-100 jewelers for 6S but no 350 :D

Feel free to share around your RnG, I used 400-500 to 6soc my Lioneye's Glare in 2 week hc charity race.

on average it takes around 100 to 6s, commenting with your bad luck on one item is hardly a testable pool.

Now you're going to provide me with supporting information right, or do I just post your quote right back at you?

Dig a little deeper please, my comment wasn't to provide a testable pool but to state that it can take more than the buyout amount that GGG has currently set. Unless you can provide me with supporting information, I will assume that this "on average it takes around 100 to 6s" is from your personal experience and not an average that everyone encounters.

In addition, if they were to set the buyout at the exact rate of the current average to 6s, or in fact any buyout from any of the masters that require rng, there would be no point in crafting your own items since it would always be more efficient to let the masters craft for you. This would also place a hard cap on the market, if you're going to bypass chance then you should expect to pay a little more to guarantee a fixed result, instead of allowing rng to dictate your crafting success.
#NeverGoing90
"
Promo1987 wrote:
So IF Im correct, NOTHING changes when it comes to crafting. Still have to resort to 6L lotteries right?
Since 1500 fuse is 37.5 EX (with current 1:40 ratio) and the payout for a lottery (which is technically also a guarantee 6L) is usually somewhere 20 - 25 EX.
GGG makes is sound like fusings are easy to come by...
Now if only we could trade in our EX to the vendor for a non inflated old school ratio (1:60)...would help but wouldn't solve the problem.
In short, IF we can't trade in our EX for fusings (might as well add Jews/Chrom/Chaos since they are needed for the other crafting parts) lower the costs of 1500 to 1200 (30 EX is still way higher than a lottery). 1500 is simply absurd!

2nd thing, these Masters, once unlocked and leveld etc...it is a account bound thing, meaning they will be there for every new character?
EPIC FAIL GGG, BUT let us hope that is NOT the case. These masters and their quest/ progress SHOULD be bound to each created character individually. If you want to copy Darksouls covenant system, atleast do it right.

Also your numbers are completely incorrect. Back at the 3 month league when vaal came out it was 72 76 78 even 80:1 exalted aka 36:1 38:1 40:1 chaos to exalted ratio and fuse to chaos ratio being 2/2.5 to 1 ratio. Which is roughly 21 exalted worth of fuses by the minimum ratio i posted. (I quit a month from the end of this season) If your ratios are standard league (no idea the ratios on standard) then yeah it may not be worth it, but for ladder players, it could be a great trade off.

Now keep this in mind. You find or even craft a 6 link and lets asy the item level is 55-70 range. Well its awesome...but the properties at which the item will provide will SUCK. If i spend 1500 fuses on a 6 link, it will be a 6 link i lvl 78+ armor for insane stats where i can get the money back for a godly rare 6L chest. Or another situation, you find this 4 socket 3 link chest with the most insane stats of tri resist (35%++) 90+ health + armor/es, now you have a way to keep it and guarentee yourself a 6 link if you wish to save to 6 socket/link that chest. Same goes with weapons.

From personal experience and from when i see lotteries posted, it takes roughly an average of 800 fuses+ (varies by luck and complete estimate) but at the same time ive seen people advertise over 2k fuses have been used in lotteries or as little as 8 for a 6 link. So this system is useful if used correctly.

All in all getting a 6 link 6 socket will have a guarentee now, but the stats still need to be there which this gives you the opportunity to find the stats or roll the stats, then get your 6 link on an appropriate item.

Last edited by xRev703 on Aug 6, 2014, 8:43:27 PM
del, new topic created
Last edited by Chrom on Aug 6, 2014, 9:20:35 PM
Great video. Love the voice acting. He reminds me of a voice for a wizard in "Might and Magic: Dark Messiah". The one that first trains our hero at the very beginning of the game, Master Fenrig.
IGN: Friar
Knight of Guild Medieval http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/545783
Game Mechanics http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/11707
Recipe Book http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/15223
Quest Reward List http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/36776
when can we expect the chat to be fixed :D, trade chat & etc is a mess, to big, ugly, something easier to sort would be nicer.
have to say, i hope you cannot do to much with the new crafting in game. with the masters/bench!
the 6 link for example should be more expensive then it would cost you if you where to use fusing one by one.... and go with the real ratio! i forgot how amny fusing you need per 6 link but should be that cost +10-20% more to get it done for sure at the bench... cause ppl get lucky and get it done with 1-2 trys some couple 100s and some people just will not work for em! lol

And i know you can add some new properties in the items but i hope you cannot change the old ones or if you can its completely random and what not so the crafting is still hard and not break the currency system if all is easy to get,
getting perfect item should still be pricy and painful to get... the bench should only add one thing or maybe change one thing at most at random.
this is my complete opinion.

i think the bench is great idea. especially link/socket colour for harder colour to add in weird items but should be very pricy as it would be to get it if you did not use the bench... and some ppl would never get either way the bench should not be the go to thing EVERY single thing you want. should be should i spend w/e fusing chrome one by one and save if i get lucky or spend the extra and get it for sure... and time effecient!
beside that loving the new content and stuff coming out!
keep the great work coming guys! love the game.
Just keep in consideration my post or idea!
do not want this game to be to easy i love the chalenge this game brings... and crafting is a big part of the game.
Some of you seem to be forgetting that GGG explicitly said the prices for deterministic crafting are deliberately set around the average. The average is based on the mathematics behind the equation 1/6!, aka 1/720 aka .13% (for a 6 link).

Sooooo yeah, 1500 fusings to 6L is the price based on the average. It's intelligent by GGG - they're basing it all on math. I personally love using fusings on my potential 6L'ers and will continue to do so. For the super rich who can amass 1500 fusings, good for you. 6L items are meant to be GFG. If everyone was running around with Soul Takers and Windrippers, the game would become Diablo 2 which was a joke to attain gear.

If you want to have everything, play on standard league - it never resets and you will, guaranteed over time, amass whatever you want.
Last edited by Eliteish on Aug 6, 2014, 10:21:59 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info