Teaser Video for Vorici, Master Assassin

"
demivion wrote:
"
kefirhl wrote:
"

+1

Changes like that are implemented to fight with RNG overuse not to promote rng crafting even more.

Changes like that are implemented to fight with RNG by cost of increased price of crafting compaired to original way or crafting. Otherwise there would be no reason at all to have rng element at remaining original way of crafting. Crafting by original way turns purely into gambling then with no way to gain consistent profit on successful crafting.

Actually this is incorrect, there is a reason to have an RNG element even if the "average" RNG cost is the same as the "fixed" cost.

Average RNG cost to 5L = 150 fuse (for example)
Fixed cost to 5L = 150 fuse

over the sample size of the entire playerbase, the amount of fusings used would not change because on average, the RNG cost is 150 fuse which is the same as the fixed cost. This is a good thing because players will still want to use the RNG method for the chance that they get a 5L with LESS than 150 fusings.

As a crafter I now have the follwoing options assuming normal distribution of linking:
- 50% chance to get a 5L in less than 150 fuse (gambling win)
- 50% chance to get a 5L in MORE than 150 fuse (gambling lose)
- 100% chance to get a 5L for exactly 150 fuse (fixed cost)

if you make the fixed price higher than the RNG average then it becomes worthless because the chance of getting a 5L with less than the fixed cost (gambling win) is higher.

Finally. Someone made it very clear! I was trying to tell that ppl to but my english isnt good enough to explain it clearly. Odds chances average median wtf?! XD
IGN: Emwega
Yeah the music is great.

I'm down to 10 pts GGG. Hurry up and release the supporter packs please - and include the new music in there as well :)

I'm not paying you for points alone until I see some supporter packs!

It's bad for business to delay!

✰CARD✰ The Survivalist
I can’t buy any more big supporter packs because the forum only supports showing 7 legacy tags.
"
fadekill wrote:
Vorici is badass.

"
paleface wrote:
uh bad voice acting

Why does everyone say that? I think it was good.

and sexy. arrogant and sexy.

also, this break between leagues is too long. its painful. ty.
I am the stone that the builder refused.
~~~~~

"
jimoc wrote:
Something I didn't find in any of the discussion is what do you pay to 6L a one socket item?

Do you first have to pay 350 Jewellers to get it to 6S and then pay 1500 fusing to link it?
Or do you simply pay 1500 fusing and it upgrades it to 6L directly with random socket colours?

The most logical choice to your question was your first example, and stopping and thinking about it, it makes the most sense. Why would the option to 6L something be made available to an item that clearly doesn't have the necessary 6 sockets to perform the service on? You don't do that normally do you? Get an item with 2-3 sockets and throw fusings at it, expecting it to magically add 3-4 sockets and link them all in the process? No, you first get it up to 6 sockets, THEN you attempt to 6 link it, so logically you'll first have to pay in the same fashion.

The only extreme outlier chance I can think of is that Jeweller Orbs also seem to randomize the amount of links an item has while they are being used. If the master thing follows the same type of system then it may be possible (EXTREMELY UNLIKELY) that you could end up with a 5L/6L upon getting 6 sockets crafted onto it, unless GGG has it set to where you always get unlinked sockets. But that's an outlier and doesn't pertain to the original question, which has been answered.
Sorry for stupid question. But what he say at the end "When the pity despots ***** like death at our feet"?
"
demivion wrote:

As a crafter I now have the follwoing options assuming normal distribution of linking:

if you make the fixed price higher than the RNG average then it becomes worthless because the chance of getting a 5L with less than the fixed cost (gambling win) is higher.

It's not 50/50...

+

It's not worthless... If they would make crafting cheaper than average RNG, nobody would ever use the old method and that is not the aim of the new crafting system.
"
demivion wrote:
"
kefirhl wrote:

Changes like that are implemented to fight with RNG by cost of increased price of crafting compaired to original way or crafting. Otherwise there would be no reason at all to have rng element at remaining original way of crafting. Crafting by original way turns purely into gambling then with no way to gain consistent profit on successful crafting.

Actually this is incorrect, there is a reason to have an RNG element even if the "average" RNG cost is the same as the "fixed" cost.

Average RNG cost to 5L = 150 fuse (for example)
Fixed cost to 5L = 150 fuse

over the sample size of the entire playerbase, the amount of fusings used would not change because on average, the RNG cost is 150 fuse which is the same as the fixed cost. This is a good thing because players will still want to use the RNG method for the chance that they get a 5L with LESS than 150 fusings.

so what I've said. Original way of linking tuns into gambling without reward on long run. You are proving my words but saying that I'm incorrect? o_O

If you are gambling(risking) you should be properly rewarded for your risk. And if you are pussy to risk then pay higher price.

"
Malone wrote:
"
demivion wrote:

You pay to avoid the risk of beeing unlucky, what's hard to understand about it ? It's a choice, you can go safely by extra paying compared to odd or gamble and pray.
Playing with 70-80ms ping, which is causing long loading between zones,
resulting in 2-4 minutes disadvantage in 1 hour races.
(I was wrong, it wasn't a ping issue but something else on GGG side)
"
Allnamestaken wrote:
Don't remember ever needing 350 jewelers for a 6S. This is so blatant that it is quite amusing to watch people actually try to defend it.

amusing or sad is that you cant even think outside your own perception

dig in the forum history there are countless ppl using 500+ jewlerys

350 is a fair number 150 fuse for 5l is more than generous considering you want it really early
https://poe-ssf.herokuapp.com/. Join the fun.
SSF HC Legacy Witch Lvl 53
Last edited by ventiman on Aug 6, 2014, 9:54:38 AM
Next master will be trader for PoE Points? 3 fusing orbs per 1 point and 1500 for $50? I think for two years I will be able to collect 1500 fusing orb. Such a game.
"
demivion wrote:

If you want to be that kind of specific, you might want to keep in mind, that you shouldn't assume a normal distribution, as the number of fusings used is bounded from below (i.e. by 1)... That in turn implies that if the expected number of usings required is equal to 150 (average) than the cance to 5link in less than 150 is larger than 50% (median). So it would be interesting for me to know what the probability distribution for 5L/6L looks truely like.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info