Esajoram's Dual Shockwave totems guide

"
Valuutta wrote:
"
Mikrotherion wrote:
Suppose you don't have a Doon.

I used a rare scepter with 18+ cast speed with dual res (and/or manaregen) depending a little what I could find from trade, ppl typically vendor all that works :)

So does cast speed on your equipment influence the cast spee of the SWT or did you use that sceptre so you would cast the totems faster?
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
So with the new 1.2 Patchnotes out, which are saying that shockwave totem now get's increased damage fromm spell damage, So spell damage highers the damage of shockwave totem, is that right ?

If yes do you change anything in your build, or gear ?
Pain Attunement :D
IGN TylordRampage
"
So does cast speed on your equipment influence the cast spee of the SWT or did you use that sceptre so you would cast the totems faster?

Cast speed increases the speed of the actual shockwaves yes

"
So with the new 1.2 Patchnotes out, which are saying that shockwave totem now get's increased damage fromm spell damage, So spell damage highers the damage of shockwave totem, is that right ?

If yes do you change anything in your build, or gear ?

It certainly seems so / yes we'll have to revisit the build, but the changes seem really weird

"Shockwave Totem: This skill now counts as Spell Damage. Damage has been increased by 50%. Its duration has been reduced."

I dont even know what to say to this tbh :) other than "Kappa"
Last edited by Valuutta on Aug 19, 2014, 6:12:34 AM
Endgame viable after buff??? Whats the meaning of kappa?
Bayern des samma mia
Since I never actually played anything totem related and the patch notes buff, I'm sure going to try this one out.

One note though - Ancestral Bond + Searing Bond - does the first one prevent the use of the latter?
"
Endgame viable after buff??? Whats the meaning of kappa?

It's highly endgame viable in the current patch without any of the buffs
(I played this to lvl 93 and decent top 30+- positions in league ladders twice (nemesis, 1mhc))

the other question about meaning of Kappa you have to experience and discover

"
Since I never actually played anything totem related and the patch notes buff, I'm sure going to try this one out.

One note though - Ancestral Bond + Searing Bond - does the first one prevent the use of the latter?

You can use Searing bond and SwT at same time (searing bond will make a fire between SwT and itself as well as you). It's actually what i've used before to get more single target early on.
Last edited by Valuutta on Aug 19, 2014, 8:57:50 AM
"Current shockwave totem dps: 5446 with hatred, 6764 with atziri potion(with magnate it should be up most times)"

now i wonder why people like raizqt are screaming about the buff making shockwave totem OP, sure the buffs may be a tad over the top but as it stands it isnt really the greatest build and nobody other than a certain few like you use it beforehand.
You can easily reach >10k dps per totem with current patch using faster castin / added fire / conc effect / increase area / empower.
So I let you imagine which number you can reach with 1.2 ... it will be insane.
IGN TylordRampage
"
"Current shockwave totem dps: 5446 with hatred, 6764 with atziri potion(with magnate it should be up most times)"

now i wonder why people like raizqt are screaming about the buff making shockwave totem OP, sure the buffs may be a tad over the top but as it stands it isnt really the greatest build and nobody other than a certain few like you use it beforehand.

I think most people thought the skill just plain sucks and that's kinda why I posted the build in the first place. In the silence it was already competitive skill in previous longer races (obviously not as fast as the exp gear DD and few other builds though).

Still they should be careful with the buff since the build has some extreme defensive qualities because of the nature of the totems, it's not gonna be fun if they go over the top with buff in my opinion.

(E: and the tooltip dps is there mostly for other SwT players to compare numbers to)
Last edited by Valuutta on Aug 19, 2014, 9:16:59 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info