Path of Exile: Forsaken Masters

"
geradon wrote:

i'm curious as well how ggg will manage the introduction of new possible stats on items with their dogma of never devalue a player's efforts.

To some extent, you could argue that any time they add ANYTHING new to the game or improve any of the existing content, it devalues the efforts of everyone who played under the old system since now people can get the same thing or better more easily. I don't think this is quite what they meant though.

They just mean that they won't take away or retroactively directly nerf existing items(though they might make changes that indirectly nerf them in some cases). They won't constantly raise the level cap or introduce new tiers of stats that render existing items completely obsolete.

They might try to limit how often they make changes like this new crafting system which make it far easier to acquire good items and they're still making it so the best affix tiers can't be obtained this way, but they won't completely avoid making changes like this either if they think it's best for the game overall.

If you had a BiS item before, you will still have that item after this expansion is added. Odds are it will still be BiS or at least close to it. If one of the new mods is significantly better than what your item has on it, you'll at least have a damn good base to craft with. So it isn't really devaluing your efforts THAT much. In any case, I think the benefits of the new crafting system FAR outweigh this drawback.
Great Expansion, can't wait for all the dirty details!

Really my only question at this time is:

When can we expect to have a working Talent Tree? #Allthetheorycrafting

"
Grownupfun wrote:

When can we expect to have a working Talent Tree? #Allthetheorycrafting

It won't actually be on the site itself until the expansion goes live since the one on here is pulled directly from the same data that the game uses. At best, they could give everyone access to the alpha server's version of it, but they'll probably be working on the tree right up until the end, so you probably won't see that until a day or two at most before the release date.
I cant beleive you guys lunch so many content so often, you are the best!very exited with this expansion
Cheers!
Tbh some of affix are pretty usless so should be remove ;)
like stun recovery
Reduced Attribute Requirements

GGG is the only 1 company which keep working at progression of game ;)
In order to get rid of clearspeed meta cap global movement speed at 100% but make all skills instant so everything feels great.
Last edited by PsVRTwo on Jul 31, 2014, 8:54:34 AM
"
geradon wrote:
"
LMTR14 wrote:
only the first 50 get the shirt now, even though in half of the previous seasons even that number was never reached??! the shirt idea was the best thing you ever came up with ggg! my chances are 0 now even if I spend a lot of time! cheap bastards, you just killed my motivation for the next season!

not true. last season ggg increased the difficulty of getting all challenges done to nearly impossible to reach (that uber aztiri axe), so you just had a very slim chance.

next season ggg lowers the requirements of getting all challenges but only rewards the first 50 players so they wouldn't have to ship 3000 shirts around the world for free in the extreme.

your chances to win actually increased.

edit: chris mentioned it in the state of exile podcast that next challenges will be easier.

nope, they still went down, since I'd never get to even the top 50 PERCENT in any race (I don't run past enemies, that's not the game I want to play and should never be the most effective way to level)

that pointless shirt change, minor as it might be, ruins the entire thing for me (all the new stuff sounds great otherwise!) since it's just so stupid and unnecessary. nobody needs easy challenges, only the most dedicated players reaching them is the entire point. and I don't mean aziri tourists (that was the thing needed to be shut down!!!)

matter of principle really

oh and btw, all challenges should be possible self-found and solo
since I have no hope for significant game design improvements in this game I am officially done with Path of Exile. done for good
Last edited by LMTR14 on Jul 31, 2014, 8:55:28 AM
Amazing, you guys are on fire! Keep up the great work, Path of Exile is an awesome game that just keeps getting better. Your passion for making a great game is truly welcome, Thank You!
For me, 1 month league + 3 months league, are better than, 4 months league.

4 months league are just too long and boring.

Thanks GGG.

Great expansion news. Keep up the good work.
This update looks so cool . Thank you poe team for the great job ! HYPEEE
"
Amazing, you guys are on fire! Keep up the great work, Path of Exile is an awesome game that just keeps getting better. Your passion for making a great game is truly welcome, Thank You!

nuff said!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info