Path of Exile: Forsaken Masters

"
geradon wrote:
"
Veruski wrote:
lol

and here i just spent like 30 eternals getting my belt to this stage:

nah, i know the new system won't be a replacement for eternal/exalting.

i do have a weird question though: what is the theoretical maximum it can cost to put a mod on a rare via the Masters?

i'm curious as well how ggg will manage the introduction of new possible stats on items with their dogma of never devalue a player's efforts.

yeah its a sticky situation. I think honestly crafting needed to change, it needed to be less ridiculous and anyone whos spent out on items just has to take that on the chin.

That said, how big is the change? I recently spent 10 eternal/exalts trying to roll flat evasion on a chest, and failed. Thats 50 exalts, which is 1600 chaos. Yeah I was aiming for 400 flat evasion, I would have taken 200 though. so I spent 1600 chaos not getting it, now I can buy it for maybe 5 chaos..........? Seriously?

If you made the current chaos recipe give you an exalt instead of a chaos, that would be less of a significant change in terms of orbs, gear and crafting. This change has the potential to completely change the item game, and make it easier by unthinkably huge factors. We will have to wait and see the details when they come out. Unthinkably huge is not necessarily a bad thing, its not necessarily a good thing either though.
This is pretty awesome!
ARPGamer.com
Delving dungeons deep to deliver the news
Gotta say I'm pretty excited for this stuff. As a semi-casual player this all appeals to me. Can't wait! Thanks for all the answers Chris.

EDIT: VERY glad to see the change to challenges. I never bothered with them before because I knew there was no way I would get a T-shirt, but I want that MTX!!
Last edited by Aziraphale on Jul 31, 2014, 8:20:03 AM
First off, I want to say this: "HYPUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!"

Second off, everything looks really awesome. I do have a question, though.

SotV was very end-game focused, with a lot of grinding. Most every goal in the game, be it reaching 100 or completing 6+ Challenges, tend to be very grind focused.

Since this expansion seems aimed at "everyone", can you tell me how hard it will be to reach level 8 reputation with the Masters? I hope it won't be easy, but if level 8 is the equivalent of hitting 100 I'm going to be upset lol. I know Chris mentioned in a stream that rewards were going to come "sooner than usual" in this expansion, and I'm hoping he means that a more average player like me will be able to complete the content.

(PS. on my girlfriend's account, sorry :P)
HYPU DESNE
www.youtube.com/kingkongor
#freekongor Twitch.tv/KingKongor
"
KingKongor wrote:
HYPU DESNE

[Removed by Support]
Last edited by Kieren_GGG on Jul 31, 2014, 8:44:26 AM
One thing regarding the expansion: it seems that the prevalent symbol for the expansion is the fleur-de-lis, mostly associated with the territory of France and royalty.

Having in mind that in a previous thread (the UI change), it was stated that the developers were aiming for a roman art style for the game, does anyone from GGG's team care to elaborate on the reasoning behind the use of this symbol?

I'm simply curious.
"
Itsthepolice wrote:
"
KingKongor wrote:
HYPU DESNE

[Removed by Support]

I like kongor and Im glad he is here again, hes a long time supporter of the game. Ive never heard him say PoE sucks, please don't speak for the whole community when you don't speak for the whole community.
Last edited by Kieren_GGG on Jul 31, 2014, 8:44:45 AM
RNGesus won't like it.
Huh?
You guys are awesome! Can't wait!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info