August Expansion Teaser Screenshot #3

Chris, would it be very hard to add an option regarding the orbs? I know some people feel offended by the Girls In Chains, and i for one liked the new version better. Can you please let us decide within the UI options?
+1 for the ladies, holding the balls... i mean the globes, deffinitly globes.
Spoiler
"

Please this. Points have its own icon you know. Similar SHOP buttons are in all cheap p2w games...

+1 to this one, the idea is really good.

Shop: Standard: thread/541528
IGN: ClimbFast
Selling/Trading Sacrifice sets pst.
Last edited by wokSiHD on Jul 29, 2014, 11:44:52 AM
You know they could make the art on the sides of the hp and mana globes an account micro transaction and offer a handful of choices. Such as the classic girls in chains , the new more roman looking art or some other images like angles or demons ect.
I'm not feeling teased at all :/
What do the screenshot says?

A Karui follower? Like an little helper? A new wp anyway

and a new sidequest way?
"
feyith wrote:
"
isildria wrote:
"
I'm glad the "old statues" have been restored but I'm very disappointed at your disregard for them. These aren't just eye candy, they're an iconic part of PoE. They've been there for as long as I've been here if not the beginning. They're a part of most every screenshot, video, and stream created to date. They're more than a "Legacy Item". They're a part of your brand.

Changing them goes well beyond incremental graphics updates. Beyond creating a new socket design for the colour blind. Beyond messing with previously dropped item when rebalancing (which you won't do). And I think you can see this given the swift outrage in the earlier thread and your equally swift, but still unacceptable in my opinion, response.

Changing them to fit in with current/future themes seems to me a very poor reason to ever alter them. How do you wish you altered them to fit in with SotV? I didn't expect or hope for a change or find them out of place. Did many?

Suggesting that they take up too much of the orb is absolutely ridiculous.. we've been more than managing just fine. They are not a significant obstruction. I'm not sure how you could argue that they're an obstruction at all. If you want to talk obstructions, your change to make the energy shield stretch far across the health globe for non-CI builds created an extreme obstruction in cases where you have low health and are taking chaos damage - that obstruction, you guys didn't really care about.

As for changing them because of some feedback (I assume regarding treating/portraying women poorly), I also feel this is a terrible reason. Any rational person ought to know that their presence does not condone such treatment and anyone offended by them are welcome to play another game not described as a dark fantasy. Unless you edit it all out to make it playable by a six-year-old, this game has mature and unethical or shocking things in it and it always will.

When I saw Rhys' "ikr" post, I hoped it was a joke and/or an internal privilege to test with a modded interface. When you mentioned that teaser screenshots were altered to edit out current elements, I got worried. When I saw your earlier teaser screenshot, I was disgusted - definitely not anywhere near feeling excited for 1.2. In fact, I hoped that your timer would freeze indefinitely - yes, no more content your UI change is that bad.

---

The statues aside, even this interface screenshot is lacking.

The greyscale in the teaser screenshot does look alright except for the flask section. The black half-moons and the large black areas at the top look absolutely terrible. Even just a solid light pattern for them to line up in would probably look a great deal better. Do they really need visually deep slots to fit into when they're not all shaped the same?

If you're going to have a greyscale UI, why are the menu and shop buttons not also greyscale? Why are they different colours? Why are the buttons not transparent to help blend in with the interface? Why are the buttons on different sides of the interface? Why are there bubbly gems on cast silver?

---

I'm sure you have a massive list, if you choose to keep one, of every option people ask for but if ever you implement one this would be it. Your existing UI appearance is awesome. (Well, the lower bit.. the inventory popout tab could use some love.)

You've surely weathered the worst of whatever storm there can be with regards to these statues ages ago. Why change them now? If it's for a particular locale's laws, please make the change locale-specific. I can't see how multiple UI's could be a significant burden to maintain.

I dunno Chris.. there are certainly far more pressing things to be concerned with as a player, but I look on the UI teasers and the decisions behind them in shock and disappointment.

This guy knows whats up

+1

+2
"Shop" button looks cheap really.
"
wokSiHD wrote:
Spoiler
"

Please this. Points have its own icon you know. Similar SHOP buttons are in all cheap p2w games...

+1
Diablo 3 is tutorial for PoE.
10/10
"
Brunini wrote:
"
wokSiHD wrote:
Spoiler
"

+1

+1
"
Chris wrote:
"
mazul wrote:
Chris, why are you listening to the forum at all? Haven't you stated that the forum only represents a fraction of the total player base?

It is a change that affects the whole player base.

We changed it away from the new statues because we agreed with some of the feedback. We're trying to be very clear that they're going to change again in the future.

We listen to all our players. The forum only represents a small fraction of total players, but the feedback is absolutely taken on board. Having said that, some peoples' behaviour in that thread was terrible.

With what did you agreed exactly, that GGG are homofobic like the most people who gave "feedback"?

You think that arguments like "we want chained ladies, topless women or sexy chichs" is good feedback?

WTF really

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info