August Expansion Teaser Screenshot #3

Actually, the girl statues being larger and covering more of the health/mana bars is a good thing, the globes just look too plain.

The Menu button is still too bulky, and there's too much empty space around it. I understand it leave room to add "infinite" menu options, but at least try and make it blend in.

And the shop button, seen a much better option here in these posts.

And there's too much clutter around the flasks. While zooming in the texture is clear, but when zoomed out, it looks metallic...
Looks more better than the previous version, although the menu button just doesn't do it. I guess it might just be a matter of getting used to the changes..
"
mhyoung wrote:
GGG, dont change the UI just to cater to the vocal minorities. If you are done with the Mana/Life Booborbs, change because it will be better, not to appease some whiteknights with too much time on their hands.

participating in this forum is like elections in democratic societies: you don't participate, you have no saying.

Spoiler
and we are blackknights, complaining that ggg obviously has too much time on their hands. :-)

age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
I agree on the fact that changes are not always welcomed for most people, but i also agree that the orbs right now are kinda a PoE trademark. I even saw a statue alike the mana orb in a museum booklet and the first i thought was PoE! Nonetheless i feel that the new expansion will be awesome!

Cheers
DONT YOU DARE REMVOE THE CHAINED WOMAN
I'm throwing my hat in here with the folks thinking that the changes should be optional. Which UI you like better is kind of a matter of personal preference...

I myself kind of prefer the first UI, perhaps since I've been playing since closed beta and I fear change... but I absolutely think you shouldn't remove it completely.

The chained ladies adds a dark, gritty kind of ambiance. Either way, if you really want to change the UI, you can probably get away with it just by keeping the old version to soften the blow and letting players toggle between them.
The new menu button is better for sure(maybe a bit large), the shop button is still a bit on the bright glowy side tho... Also, having the word shop there just is not attractive(I know it's helpful for localization). And even tho it's not the case, it makes new players immediately think P2W(or at least a bit forced).

As long as the artwork works and flows I don't care if the orb statues take up less space, but I really don't see any bit of an issue with how much space they take up now. Really taking up less almost seems like too little, but I'm sure you guys can pull it off.

Potion slots I'm just gonna have to wait to see in game. They look like they could be way better once I'm using them, but atm they really bug me lol. The crescents only bug me a bit, they look like they should have a wood shelf where the potion bottom rests. But really I think it's the brightness of that section of UI. It looks like mostly you are trying to get a bit of 3D perspective to that section of UI to create real 'slots' for the potions. But it's just a bit too bright compared to the rest, maybe darken it just a tiny tiny bit. Don't want to lose that feel of depth, but atm it stands out a bit too much.
Last edited by Munion on Jul 29, 2014, 10:34:42 AM
suggestion to ggg: you work out 10 models for a possible frontend and let players vote over them.

it would be a fair process, nobody could complain afterwards because majority rules and the majority gets what they want.

Spoiler
have you already considered putting more of these women there?
Spoiler
sry, couldn't resist
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Last edited by vio on Jul 29, 2014, 10:34:41 AM
"
Aux wrote:
I like this version a lot more. If the "$" is lore-breaking then how about using the art and symbol you guys have for the shop points.

I like this. Updated UI is better.
"
TRV wrote:
"

Please this. Points have its own icon you know. Similar SHOP buttons are in all cheap p2w games...

This fits really well!
Steam: teemu92

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info