August Expansion Teaser Screenshot #2

Lmao at that god awful SHOP button. Takes a lot away from immersion.
If we got ugly SHOP button, we obviously need even more uglier MENU button (not the arrow one) just to compensate.
"
Ascendic wrote:
WTF is this shit I want my globe ladies back...

word
Yall posting in a troll thread.
1st : Please leave the globe ladies as they were :(
2nd : new support gem what is that G on clarity :D ?
IGN : Kernach
I want my chained HP/Mana globe women back! :(
IGN: MyOtherRangerDied // DontBeStupidAndDieAgain // GenericSporkerWitch
https://google.com
The G must be because of G-rated!

PS: seriously speaking, people have shown their true colors tonight, :P
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942
The problem with chained women on the UI is that there is no context for interpreting it. If there were chained women in a harem, and you go in there to fight the harem master and get some quest item, great. No one complains about the gold statues in Solaris, because we know it's the statuary of the Eternal Empire, and that it represents a lot of figures that were considered either important or beautiful to that people. But the old globe art was just a free-floating bit of tackiness that left a bad first impression for a lot of people, especially since the UI appears in every screenshot. It's far too close to a League of Legends-style "tits for tits sake" design. That sort of thing isn't really "mature" at all, it's expressly calculated to appeal to the sort of young males that hang posters of women in bikinis in their rooms. The fact that it was being called "orb candy" was indicative of a problem. The rest of the game isn't like this at all, the nudity or female objectification isn't gratuitous. The Siren (Merveil) and the Succubus (Atziri) are partially nude because of the mythological associations with those figures that go far deeper than PoE. There are naked bodies in Lunaris that evoke 20th Century images of genocides and mass graves. Dominus spouts some sexist dialogue, but we know he's a member of a corrupt religious order. That's context.

I hope GGG sticks to their guns here and pushes through the redesign despite all the loud complaining.
Last edited by Uvne on Jul 29, 2014, 12:28:24 AM
It bugs me that the potions don't fill the exact spot now, there is a tiny bit of room under the pots, also why mess with the chained ladies? I think they looked very good. Wrapped around the globes of mana and life very well, this is a bit meh imo.
#NeverGoing90
Well the post is showing the char to the right of background and its a joke ui but i can see them using a hide button witch would just be bad.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info