August Expansion Teaser Screenshot #2

Anyone else find the bearded man with his butt on the globe attractive?
"Another... Solwitch thread." AST
Current Games: :::City Skylines:::Elite Dangerous::: Division 2

"...our most seemingly ironclad beliefs about our own agency and conscious experience can be dead wrong." -Adam Bear
Last edited by solwitch on Jul 28, 2014, 10:09:12 PM
the word "Screen" doesn't need to be there so many times in the menu

it can just be like this:

Inventory
Character
Passive Skill Tree
Challenges
World & Quests
Social Panel
Overlay Map
Options
[quote="Ludvator"]yes GGG fix lightspeed or i quit[/quote]
Last edited by skinnay on Jul 28, 2014, 10:09:01 PM
Thanks for the feedback on this version! We are experimenting with changes to make the shop and arrow button look like they belong better with the rest of the HUD. The statues will also get a second look. That the the left statue could be seen as male sure was a surprise to me!
Omnitect of Wraeclast
"
Erik wrote:
Thanks for the feedback on this version! We are experimenting with changes to make the shop and arrow button look like they belong better with the rest of the HUD. The statues will also get a second look. That the the left statue could be seen as male sure was a surprise to me!

Not sure how it's surprising tbh, there's absolutely no indication that it is female other than the fact that the back isn't overly muscular.
I like a lot of things about that new ui, and theres a few I dont.

Overall I think its a big improvement, the main thing I dont like is the loss of the mana women! they looked a lot cooler I think, less tacked on, more built in, and somehow more tasteful.

Here is what I would change in the pic, forgive the rather crude photoshopping in parts...

overall I think the colour and the layout change is perfect regarding the buttons and stuff, I just think it could be even more minimal colour/tone wise, and I like the mana women. They were my favorite part of the ui, I just think artistically they were done really well.

Last edited by Snorkle_uk on Jul 28, 2014, 10:14:58 PM
"
Erik wrote:

The flasks slots are akward (there is those black gaps down there), and the menu button surely needs work. Screen is completely unnecesary.

And...in fact, it's too small to see if it's female. But yes, it seems like a roman woman, like in Pompeii paintings.

Are you trolling us? A UI WIP it's mostly to get people angry, :P
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942
Last edited by NeroNoah on Jul 28, 2014, 10:15:06 PM
"
Erik wrote:

LOL... I was thinking you folks where going for a metrosexual look...
"Another... Solwitch thread." AST
Current Games: :::City Skylines:::Elite Dangerous::: Division 2

"...our most seemingly ironclad beliefs about our own agency and conscious experience can be dead wrong." -Adam Bear
The "shop" button right on top of the skills doesn't look too great. I think it would be better on the left or something. It would be a lot more practical to have an inventory or status button near the skills. Then the shop button on the left along with the one UI button containing the menu.

Not a big deal to me how the globes and stuff look. I think you could easily get away with simply removing the women and adding some pattern to the border, which would not have to be very big at all. Maybe just remove them and leave it as is. Youvould also just remove the chain from the one on the right and make a duplicate of the one on the left, which looks completely benign.

People just get used to stuff. In a week nobody will care (I mean a week from the actual change).
Current IGN: TheBearerOfLight
Gizoogle Chris: "Da State of Exile muthafuckas axed mah crazy ass ta post a reminder dat they podcast is dis weekend, as usual. It aint nuthin but tha nick nack patty wack, I still gots tha bigger sack."
Last edited by BoltThrower87 on Jul 28, 2014, 10:21:54 PM
Ew wat haz u dun to my interfaces chriz?
"
Erik wrote:

Is the best option in my opinion.

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/970949/page/5
Last edited by Periphery on Jul 28, 2014, 10:21:18 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info