August Expansion Teaser Screenshot #2

"
NeroNoah wrote:
And the menu arrow sucks (sorry). You need a better simbol for that. Or use the word menu for the button. It's too ugly.

PS: seriously people, you sound like creeps with the lady thing, xD

I agree here.

The GIANT SHOP BUTTON is also terrible. It looks tacky and like you (GGG) are money grubbing.
Support a free Hong Kong.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with
sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo Galilei
Another hamburger button! How disgusting! Haven't your paid GUI people got the news recently that "hamburger" buttons for menus is one very stupid idea! I am not ready to work for you. Thus, search alone, why your paid morons have messed up the menu!

The $ sign is better than that ugly "SHOP", too!

The art of the health and mana bars currently is better than that of the screenshot.

If you want to wreak your game it is fine by me. I enjoyed it recently. Thus, i dared to write you the previous paragraphs.
Last edited by hieste on Jul 28, 2014, 10:27:46 PM
I'm Italian so I'm attracted to chunky fluffy woman... Just FYI....
"Another... Solwitch thread." AST
Current Games: :::City Skylines:::Elite Dangerous::: Division 2

"...our most seemingly ironclad beliefs about our own agency and conscious experience can be dead wrong." -Adam Bear
"
Erik wrote:
That the the left statue could be seen as male sure was a surprise to me!
I caught that she was a female a bit more in the tradition of grotesque portraiture, which is by definition significantly less sexualized than the slave girls. I just didn't really feel like focusing on going "Er, guys?...". That awful shop button took priority.

Anyway, it's all sort of why I suggested you folks think up a creation myth for wraeclast, and use iconography from it for the orb art. Creation-type myths, particularly non judeo-christian ones, yield strong iconography, and tend to be (at least a little) less focused on the female/masculine form. Toss in a slightly more appealing aesthetics (guides your eye to the globe), and you've got a winner in my books.

Also, I mentioned this in a reddit thread, but I'd pay a small fee to completely remove mentions of the cash shop from the UI. You could also sell custom UI's for cheap, which'd probably help with the "Appeal to everybody" factor.
The new UI is hideous.

Please leave us an option to keep using the good one.
The dumb is strong in this one
I agree with most of the comments....

1. Mana ladies are awesome. You log in, look at the UI, and immediately notice this is going to be a dark, mature themed game. I don't want to look at old men.

2. I don't think I like the new gray color. Its too noticeable compared to now

3. I didn't really notice the "$" button in-game now, but after spending over $500 so far, I don't mind that it wasn't too visually noticeable. "SHOP" is definitely noticeable though. I can see my first sentence is why you are changing it and that is fine. Just don't make it stick out like a sore thumb though

4. No need for the word "screen" after everything on the menu.

5. I never click on any of the buttons being shown by the new "Arrow" button. I don't however like how the new menu adds MORE screen clutter if clicked on. We have enough stuff in the way of the screen as is (huge chat window, people logging in/out, changing status, etc). We really don't need more.

Basically, I like the old UI a lot more than this new one. I'm fine with changing $ to shop, but anything else is unnecessary and a waste of resource. If it isn't broke, don't fix it.
ign: Vixien
interesting
Why? Oh dear god why? Dumping all my useful little buttons into a popup menu container...what's the point? Was that done to make room for the giant "SHOP HERE AND GIVE US MONEY" button or for the tired, ugly, gross, old guys who are taking the place of the cute chained-up slave girls? What, did the girls need a vacation or something? Looks like someone dropped the ball on hiring good stand-ins.

Terrible, all around. I'm usually a little more tactful but I just thought I'd adjust the level of my tact to align with that of the new visuals in the UI.
Last edited by CentauriSoldier on Jul 28, 2014, 10:32:31 PM
The $ button is already trashy.
The SHOP button is absurdly trashy.
I would:
Move the menu button to where the shop button is
Add shop to the menu, use the coin icon not $.
Have the menu open to the left.
Have the menu consist of icons only, show text and hotkey below when you mouse over.

I don't really care about the globe statues but a lot of people do.
Consider making a super plain one standard, numerous microtransaction options.
When I kill a man he stays dead.
"
WxsOnline wrote:
"
scudmuffin wrote:
lmao at all the straight boys worried that seeing a dude on their health globe will turn them gay
how about the gay men and straight women playing this game, shouldn't they get some eye candy?

I know a few gay men and straight women gamers... none of them are opposed to female nudity in games, and none of them would be choose wrinkly old man asses supporting their mana globes over the slave girls. Fact.

I'd strongly support having a topless, herculean dude supporting the life orb on his back/shoulders/arms though, for symbolic reasons.

I'm glad your gay and female "friends" speak for all gay and female gamers

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info