All i see is crit dagger builds everywhere

"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
"
Poutsos wrote:
However the vaal pact nerf had destroyed all CI crit melee builds,before acuity.

thats not true, my ci dagger melee didnt even notice the difference when vaal pact was moved too far away to get.

It was not the far away part,it was the 40% leech effectiveness.Had you tried courtyards with enfeeble,vulnerability and reflect?Cause i kept dying left and right,even with a mirrored dagger and loads of ES.However with acuity and better gear,the build became stronger than ever.Thats my biggest complain.These "balance" changes that they did,seemed to screw pretty hard poorer players,while making it even easier for the wealthier ones.
Besides vaal pact,that was the issue with facebreaker+BoR nerfs.I mean there was literally ONE build that more casual players could enjoey the end game with,say,10 ex budget,while it could not be compared in the least with the more expensive builds,and they nerfed it.

PS:My definition of end game,is playing 78 maps with moderately hard mods,without dying,or dying very rarely on unfortunate situations.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/417287 - Poutsos Flicker Nuke Shadow
Last edited by Poutsos on Jul 30, 2014, 10:27:59 AM
"
chromafunk wrote:
"
You seem to have an exceptionally hard time understanding what is fundamentally wrong with a league whereby all gear ends, and no gear leaves.

Daggers are a pain in the ass to roll, but have the best possible potential. Standard has an infinite amount of resources to roll perfect gear, so the meta is always going to boil down to the gear with the highest potential.

I hope this makes sense to you in some way.

Ask GGG to remove standard and stop drilling people´s head, or just shut up and let people play whatever they want. Like there is no mirrored stuff on the leagues and people is playing exactly the same builds as in standard. People with CoE ST builds and mirrored builds raped Uber in ambush equally.

You do know what GGG stands for right? Removal of standard league would be 100% against the grinding gear philosophy.
"
Poutsos wrote:
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
"
Poutsos wrote:
However the vaal pact nerf had destroyed all CI crit melee builds,before acuity.

thats not true, my ci dagger melee didnt even notice the difference when vaal pact was moved too far away to get.

It was not the far away part,it was the 40% leech effectiveness.Had you tried courtyards with enfeeble,vulnerability and reflect?Cause i kept dying left and right,even with a mirrored dagger and loads of ES.However with acuity and better gear,the build became stronger than ever.Thats my biggest complain.These "balance" changes that they did,seemed to screw pretty hard poorer players,while making it even easier for the wealthier ones.
Besides vaal pact,that was the issue with facebreaker+BoR nerfs.I mean there was literally ONE build that more casual players could enjoey the end game with,say,10 ex budget,while it could not be compared in the least with the more expensive builds,and they nerfed it.

PS:My definition of end game,is playing 78 maps with moderately hard mods,without dying,or dying very rarely on unfortunate situations.

well, part of ur problem is probably that ur using a mirrored dagger and ur doing excessive dps, not all ci crit melee builds use mirrored daggers. If I had a mirrored dagger I probably wouldnt even use melee phys gems, Id keep the same per hit dps and just use blind and faster attacks for the 5th and 6th links.

thats my ci witches dagger, gives me maybe 8k dps more than the binos my ranger uses. I get a little short of 40kdps double strike splash if I use a crit ammy, I can play a double reflect + vuln map and attack enemies without my es really moving at all, I can attack a phys reflect pack even in the map and it hurts a bit but I wont kill myself if I attack in bursts. I wouldnt want more deeps, Ive tuned the deeps and the skill I use to take double phys reflect with vuln, if I used reave or something Id kill myself flat out on single reflect. Thats the reason I dont use a crit multi gem or maligaros too, or play it as a shadow, I play softcore but I play it like hardcore, a death is completely unacceptable.

I was talking about the previous change to vaal pact when the scion was added, when they moved it from the middle down to the duelist area. It was too far to bother getting so I used the respec and just ditched vaal pact all together. I literally noticed no difference at all. Worth noting though that I use an aegis shield, so Im getting instant es refill constantly when Im being attacked.

When they first moved vp people said ci melee was dead, while my witch is not a typical ci melee build its been functioning exactly the same without it ever since. Fingers crossed this new change to the top of the tree is not going to be the death of the build. If you are using a mirrored dagger then yeah, ur deeps is going to be insane, but if u can afford the dagger u can afford the gloves. If you dont have the dagger u dont need the gloves, you just got to look at your setup and become reflect safe. Foxtactics gave me the atziri gloves from his first uber run, I gave em back the next day, I dont think Id ever drop my es/attack speed/accuracy gloves for them, Ive already dealt with reflect and do more than enough deeps.
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:

well, part of ur problem is probably that ur using a mirrored dagger and ur doing excessive dps, not all ci crit melee builds use mirrored daggers. If I had a mirrored dagger I probably wouldnt even use melee phys gems, Id keep the same per hit dps and just use blind and faster attacks for the 5th and 6th links.

thats my ci witches dagger, gives me maybe 8k dps more than the binos my ranger uses. I get a little short of 40kdps double strike splash if I use a crit ammy, I can play a double reflect + vuln map and attack enemies without my es really moving at all, I can attack a phys reflect pack even in the map and it hurts a bit but I wont kill myself if I attack in bursts. I wouldnt want more deeps, Ive tuned the deeps and the skill I use to take double phys reflect with vuln, if I used reave or something Id kill myself flat out on single reflect. Thats the reason I dont use a crit multi gem or maligaros too, or play it as a shadow, I play softcore but I play it like hardcore, a death is completely unacceptable.

I was talking about the previous change to vaal pact when the scion was added, when they moved it from the middle down to the duelist area. It was too far to bother getting so I used the respec and just ditched vaal pact all together. I literally noticed no difference at all. Worth noting though that I use an aegis shield, so Im getting instant es refill constantly when Im being attacked.

When they first moved vp people said ci melee was dead, while my witch is not a typical ci melee build its been functioning exactly the same without it ever since. Fingers crossed this new change to the top of the tree is not going to be the death of the build. If you are using a mirrored dagger then yeah, ur deeps is going to be insane, but if u can afford the dagger u can afford the gloves. If you dont have the dagger u dont need the gloves, you just got to look at your setup and become reflect safe. Foxtactics gave me the atziri gloves from his first uber run, I gave em back the next day, I dont think Id ever drop my es/attack speed/accuracy gloves for them, Ive already dealt with reflect and do more than enough deeps.

I do have the gloves of course,but prior to that,my main issue was not even reflect.On reflect maps i would be prepared,and could pull it through.But even with the excesive deeps of a mirrored dagger,i could not leech enough to be kept alive on enfeeble maps,or even normal ones if were excessively hard,something that i was able to pull before,and was excected with over 200ex gear.
Playing without vaal pact,and lower DPS to avoid reflect deaths,is totally a different kind of gameplay,but you mainly losing the benefits of crit,which is the so called excesive DPS.I mean i can pull on my aegis aurora tank with soul taker 36K AoE DPS with frenzy.I saw no point in having a crit build with similar amount of DPS.As a rule,on a crit build your offense is your defense.I saw that you had a variation of a tank aegis build,but using crits,that's a whole other story.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/417287 - Poutsos Flicker Nuke Shadow
Last edited by Poutsos on Jul 30, 2014, 2:04:30 PM
ya the build was designed around the aegis shield. Previously I was using daggers on a ranger, life based. Found the shield, around that time Dragons Infernal Blow Aegis Tank thing was getting some love on the forums so I fused it with crit daggers and ci because I also accidentally 6 linked a ci devout chainmail I was trying to 5L to sell at the time. The build came from the items I had rather than coming from pure theory and then getting the items needed for it.

It could well be the aegis thats keeping my witch alive through things other ci melee cant handle, honestly Ive never even tried a ci build without it, it was my first and only ci char. But its ci crit melee and its extremely tanky without vp, probably the most tanky thing Ive ever played. I can absolutely understand extreme crit deeps ci shadows having issues with the new vp though.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info