All i see is crit dagger builds everywhere

"
chromafunk wrote:
"
You seem to have an exceptionally hard time understanding what is fundamentally wrong with a league whereby all gear ends, and no gear leaves.

Daggers are a pain in the ass to roll, but have the best possible potential. Standard has an infinite amount of resources to roll perfect gear, so the meta is always going to boil down to the gear with the highest potential.

I hope this makes sense to you in some way.

Ask GGG to remove standard and stop drilling people´s head, or just shut up and let people play whatever they want. Like there is no mirrored stuff on the leagues and people is playing exactly the same builds as in standard. People with CoE ST builds and mirrored builds raped Uber in ambush equally.

You still just don't get it.

Standard is fine if you want to steamroll the game, or just want to play around with builds.

But don't expect an economy or metagame to appease to you that objectively makes no sense by the "rules" of standard. The best is the best is the best in standard, there is no way around that because there isn't anything in place to keep the gear from flooding in. Every shavs that's found there stays there, and piles on top of the 20,000 other shavs already in that economy. It's inflation league.
IGN: Smegmazoid
Long live the new Flesh
So getting a bit more back on topic.

Why does it matter what builds other people play?
"
Khisanth wrote:

Because contetnt is ballanced aroud popular things?

Someone of the devs said, that they were forced to ballance contend around snapshotting, while they were searching for fix, because if they wouldn't, the challange for snapshotters would not exist.

Thats why we have Atziri as shitty designed as she is.
If ggg's gonna nerf builds that work pretty well again because snapshot fix is apparently not enough, why not just a simple fix on dagger implicit crit, instead of nerfing damage overall and raping the skilltree for middle-class shadows, why not just reduce the max crit chance that can roll on it? like for example:

Ambusher: max of 9.21 crit make it a max of 7.2(with of Incision suffix)

Platinum Kris: instead of being able to roll 10 crit, lower it down to 8 max (with of Incision suffix),

This will force builders to pick up more crit nodes and not just rely on power charge on crit on their main attack and put 80% of passives to aura nodes.
"Get rich or die grinding"

Lvl 100 Ascendant - RadioactiveSago: HIGHEST KB tooltiplordz in all of PoE (view-thread/1636451)
Lvl 100 Assassin - Chonkeyy: Omnislasher 2 mil DPS Flicker Build (view-thread/1571744)
"
OJ8_Graz wrote:
If ggg's gonna nerf builds that work pretty well again because snapshot fix is apparently not enough, why not just a simple fix on dagger implicit crit, instead of nerfing damage overall and raping the skilltree for middle-class shadows, why not just reduce the max crit chance that can roll on it? like for example:

Platinum Kris: instead of being able to roll 10 crit, lower it down to 8 max (with of Incision suffix),

This will force builders to pick up more crit nodes and not just rely on power charge on crit on their main attack and put 80% of passives to aura nodes.

You haven't played crit dagger I see. To cap crit, you already need to take practically all of the crit nodes on the right and left and power charges.
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
"
maxkardinal wrote:
"
Khisanth wrote:

Because contetnt is ballanced aroud popular things?

Someone of the devs said, that they were forced to ballance contend around snapshotting, while they were searching for fix, because if they wouldn't, the challange for snapshotters would not exist.

Thats why we have Atziri as shitty designed as she is.

If you need to do snapshotting for normal, you're a joke. The amount of builds that can do normal Atziri is huge now.

You're looking at the 1% who completely steamroll the instance (who sadly are the most prominent on video sites and reddit) because of their gear/passives but that's irrelevant apart from on Uber.
Last edited by Chundadragon on Jul 30, 2014, 4:40:12 AM
"
Chundadragon wrote:
"
OJ8_Graz wrote:

You haven't played crit dagger I see. To cap crit, you already need to take practically all of the crit nodes on the right and left and power charges.

I actually am playing a dagger crit build atm using Dragon Hunger, i know how its like with overcapped crit at 95% :P, just saying that nowadays everyone is qqing about how OP dagger builds are, inevitably with all those qqing - a nerf is imminent, so i think instead of screwing up the crit side of the tree for everyone, ggg can do it on the weapon itself.
"Get rich or die grinding"

Lvl 100 Ascendant - RadioactiveSago: HIGHEST KB tooltiplordz in all of PoE (view-thread/1636451)
Lvl 100 Assassin - Chonkeyy: Omnislasher 2 mil DPS Flicker Build (view-thread/1571744)
"
OJ8_Graz wrote:
I actually am playing a dagger crit build atm using Dragon Hunger, i know how its like with overcapped crit at 95% :P, just saying that nowadays everyone is qqing about how OP dagger builds are, inevitably with all those qqing - a nerf is imminent, so i think instead of screwing up the crit side of the tree for everyone, ggg can do it on the weapon itself.

I think the nerf to Vaal Pact was the correct move in terms of Passive Tree balance. Then it got completely fucked by Acuities.

Vaal Pact doesn't make you safe to reflect so crit builds need to invest MUCH MORE into defense and not into crit.

For spectral builds, Ondar's would be necessary making it a point sink removing from crit.

For your Dragon Hunger build maybe if you're not spectral, you need more block, removing from crit.
Daggers are supposed with investment to do the max DPS of all weapons.Assasins with crit style playing are ordinarly the highest DPS builds in most games.Of course you are supposed to be squizy at the same time,something that is not happening after some in PoE.However the vaal pact nerf had destroyed all CI crit melee builds,before acuity.I remember my shadow was strugling with over 200ex gear.
Anyway,IMO the things that would have been best to be rebalanced would be:
1)General low life rebalance
2)Spectral throw rebalance
3)Change the attack speed of daggers,especially abushers to cap at 1.7
4)Improve the stupid weapon notables from other weapon types.Examples Axes-cause bleeding on hit,swords-gain 50% increased attack speed on kill for a few seconds,maces-chance to even bypass stun immunity.Now if such changes were made,not only it would help melee in general,but daggers would not feel that great anymore.
5)Increase the base crit chance of other weapons to 6 as a base,even though i do not beleive it is needed if the other changes are made.Daggers should be the -to go- weapon for crit
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/417287 - Poutsos Flicker Nuke Shadow
"
Poutsos wrote:
However the vaal pact nerf had destroyed all CI crit melee builds,before acuity.

thats not true, my ci dagger melee didnt even notice the difference when vaal pact was moved too far away to get.

I dont see that many dagger builds tbh, theres a lot of builds around atm, an awful lot. I see more arcers than dagger builds, even in softcore.

The spec throw low life thing is op, its not daggers, its that one spec, its auras, crown of eyes, shavs, theres a lot of op stuff coming together to make that happen. Also claws are shit, what really needs to happen is for claws to have the same amount of crit chance on their nodes as daggers. Daggers get implicit crit, claws get implcit life leech, that should be the difference, no need for claw nodes to suck balls.

edit: also I listened to that podcast, for the second time now, didnt hear any mention of daggers being nerfed at all. Did I miss it?
Last edited by Snorkle_uk on Jul 30, 2014, 7:42:05 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info