All i see is crit dagger builds everywhere

"
Is thag podcast up to date cause Chris got hair o_0 ???

Haha, If I remember correctly, they used the same picture they did before in the previous podcast he was in. Guess he should have sent a bald picture in.
Oblivious
Daggers were not supposed to hit from distance,that's the main problem.Without acuity,claws are the best crit weapon.As long as u get acuity,of course daggers become better(unless propably on hardcore),since your leech will be efficient,daggers do everything else better for a crit build.For a non crit build of course claws are superior.
It was not really that daggers needed a nerf.They have the most interesting passives on the tree(adder's touch is the single most creative passive of all weapons).The main issue is that other weapon's notable are boring and suck.They desperately need improvements.However nerfing daggers instead was the expected thing from GGG i guess.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/417287 - Poutsos Flicker Nuke Shadow
"
Poutsos wrote:
Daggers were not supposed to hit from distance,that's the main problem.Without acuity,claws are the best crit weapon.As long as u get acuity,of course daggers become better(unless propably on hardcore),since your leech will be efficient,daggers do everything else better for a crit build.For a non crit build of course claws are superior.
It was not really that daggers needed a nerf.They have the most interesting passives on the tree(adder's touch is the single most creative passive of all weapons).The main issue is that other weapon's notable are boring and suck.They desperately need improvements.However nerfing daggers instead was the expected thing from GGG i guess.

They should just make ST incompatible with Daggers.

That way ST is fine (RT ST is fine, its just GG clear speed, but nothing near a crit build, nor a DD build in races. Just fine)

AND Daggers are fine (They do what they are supposed to do, go full dps, while having to get up front and require not only a lot of work, but also delicate skill-tree build up)
Ign: Leary_AscendedNecro
Twitchtv: leary93
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfzgUpVcv6wzrs5TwKZaGJQ
I have a CI crit claw melee shadow, works extremely well. Doesn't clear the whole screen in .5 sec, but mows em down nicely and doesn't die too readily.

I fully agree with Poutsos that the rest of the weapons could use tons of love on creative notable passives. I'm fine with how maces are currently with stun synergy, but even they could use some spicing up.
"
hauntworld1 wrote:
boring, where is the creativity ?

Dont blame the players, this is all on GGG design. All other weapons fail in comparison for critting, it should not be this way, there could be a weapon type (Daggers or anything) with slight advantage, but ALL should be very viable, and they are not. its crazy ass painful and expensive to make say a crit axe user, not to mention skill nodes make it very hard to build survive ability for anything but daggers. it can be done, but its excruciatingly painful.
IGN:Axe_Crazy
"
MasterAxe wrote:
"
hauntworld1 wrote:
boring, where is the creativity ?

Dont blame the players, this is all on GGG design. All other weapons fail in comparison for critting, it should not be this way, there could be a weapon type (Daggers or anything) with slight advantage, but ALL should be very viable, and they are not. its crazy ass painful and expensive to make say a crit axe user, not to mention skill nodes make it very hard to build survive ability for anything but daggers. it can be done, but its excruciatingly painful.

+100
Agree with every word!
+100

"
ggnorekthx wrote:
Crit is overpowered, period. People cry about Spec throw, and it probably IS too effective with daggers, but crit is OP without spec throw. If they didn't nerf the dagger nodes you'd just see a huge wave of crit dagger lightning strikers or molten strikers next league. Spec Throw is a little too good but Crit is OP without it anyways.

And I agree, it's not creative. But this is a competitive game, so people are going to min-max until they find the simplest, most effective and cheesiest build possible. That is just how these games work.

This ^^^^^

"
BoatRam wrote:
I have a CI crit claw melee shadow, works extremely well. Doesn't clear the whole screen in .5 sec, but mows em down nicely and doesn't die too readily.

I fully agree with Poutsos that the rest of the weapons could use tons of love on creative notable passives. I'm fine with how maces are currently with stun synergy, but even they could use some spicing up.

+1
You ARE my Bitch of burden!
"Stay Alive exile! Or you'll be the next zombie someone raises off the beach." - Altnaharra
" Be Excellent To Each Other" -MikeP_GGG
"If you die to yourself are you still the victor? " - BEX_GGG
"
Poutsos wrote:

It was not really that daggers needed a nerf.
The main issue is that other weapon's notable are boring and suck.They desperately need improvements.
However nerfing daggers instead was the expected thing from GGG i guess.

Agree, but maces are not bad as well.
IGN: MsAnnoyance
Last edited by qquno on Jul 29, 2014, 7:36:17 PM
"
"
Krayken wrote:
I tried making a claw crit build and i don't think i even found a single claw crit passive on the tree. This is ridiculous how terrible claws are compared to daggers.

RLY??
[SPOILER] just look near the shadow area near the dagger passives ;) [/spoiler]

I play claws, staff and 2H sword crit build but I haven't tried axes or mace builds tough

Are you referring to the wheel where you need 6 passive points to get 60% crit chance?
Daggers passives are insulting compared to the rest .... look at your local sarn encampment, there are no duelists anymore running around. It has come to the point where they have killed an entire class.

And then ST came where you can use the dagger ranged with pierce. Whatever. I am glad they are going to rebalance, the game was getting pretty stupid at this point.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info