Act 4 Data Mining

"
andkamen wrote:
"
Lynerus wrote:
So what is the point of having levels at all then? why not remove lvls and just be grind fest or raise the max lvl to like 255

Its like GGG makes something then doesn't want anyone to ever get it... seems odd

The point it that people do get it in about a month time. This is times faster then what it used to be around open beta and release.

If they keep raising area levels as much as some of you suggest here eventually everyone will be running a lvl 100 chars eventually and there will be no or less point in grinding further.

Having a hard to achieve goal is what keeps a lot of players motivated.

I would prefer end-game pvp were the end-game focus goal. If the game had a super coherent story arc that passed all the way through that month of >nothing but grinding< and hoping for >gg map rng< and/or >carto boxes< then maybe I could agree with you that it's motivating, but it's not...

Why?
1) From lvl 80 to 100; you don't get THAT much stronger. By lvl 70 most builds already have a complete core and are at the very peak of their strength, nothing beyond that peak is very noticeable at all. The passives remain the same, the life and mana gain per remain the same.

::Example:: "woo I just hit level 90!!! Now lets see what we get from grinding this far.. heh.. 6% life. yay. I'm lvl 90 and I just added 50~80 points of health to my red ball.. yay..."

2) maps, no story, just-> go kill shit for no reason other than to kick ass. I love kicking ass with a fun build, but it gets old quickly and the final grind shouldn't be like that, the final grind should be epic. Sure everyone can make their own stories, but why play PoE if people wanted to do that?

::Example:: "hmm my first palace map.. This.. this is the Dominus fight, AGAIN... what?!.. I thought he was finally dead and I earned my freedom to go play maps which I pretend to enjoy purely because I love this game but honestly would love it alot more if I could see coherent continuation of the story all the way through the levels I want to grind..."

Hitting lvl 100, in my opinion, isn't a hard to achieve goal. Mustering the damn to give, however, is a hard to achieve goal. That's why 90% of the builds on these forums has incomplete passive trees even if the creators have reached lvl 100, because they know people will probably stop giving a damn around lvl 80~90. You can't really fault 'em either, I think the problem is the level cap on areas kind of demands that people stop giving a damn around those levels. Also, from lvl 80 onward you practically only have two choices of max-level content to "explore"... There could be so much more added to make the end-game great and less of a burden to grind through, and I think GGG are smart enough to realize that. The Map system is often praised by everyone, and I kinda agree that it's unique, but it's not as satisfying as an end-game should be.

They have the start of the game down. You feel strong from Twilight Strand all the way to Battlefront where I feel like players start to min/max for the first time; you feel strong there's so much content ahead of you and available to you, all you have to do is climb to see new areas where your character's strengths and weaknesses become more and more tried.. If you raise the map levels you continue to provide more content and also the ability to try the player's in new interesting ways. This not only makes hitting 100 easier (for a game that has MASSIVE replay value; that isn't a bad thing) but it also makes it fun and it would surely feel more complete.
Last edited by Do_odle on Jul 27, 2014, 5:24:38 AM
Wtf, phantomess of the opera????
"
chromafunk wrote:
just wow at that image. the gane seems to be turning to the old promise of being dark and gritty. i can't say more but fucking wow to those designs. now i really think the game is going on a good direction and it's going even surpass diablo 2 and become a legend. i'm really really hyped man.

the increased difficulty on area levels is a must, the game needs to be much more difficult. when your char is nearly finished you are basically facerolling the game and that is not fun anymore.

Play solo/self-found/HC and get back to me on difficulty.
"
andkamen wrote:
"
Lynerus wrote:
So what is the point of having levels at all then? why not remove lvls and just be grind fest or raise the max lvl to like 255

Its like GGG makes something then doesn't want anyone to ever get it... seems odd

The point it that people do get it in about a month time. This is times faster then what it used to be around open beta and release.

If they keep raising area levels as much as some of you suggest here eventually everyone will be running a lvl 100 chars eventually and there will be no or less point in grinding further.

Having a hard to achieve goal is what keeps a lot of players motivated.

isn't this game about loot? im sure someone at GGG has said this at least i think so
All games have a max lvl and people still play them but to have maxed gear is another thing

I think it will take way longer ot make endgame gear then getting to 100 and as most people say they get bored at around 82ish then make new chars
So even if you could get 100 in a month you could still make new chars to find more gear on

Sooner or later people are going to get bored with making new chars they already have 10 of same could be said for anything really tho
"
Lynerus wrote:
around 82ish then make new chars

That's the way these games have been played for the last 40 years.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
"
Lynerus wrote:
around 82ish then make new chars

That's the way these games have been played for the last 40 years.

<chuckle>

GM: So, roll new characters for this week's adventure start.
Player: But I want to keep playing my level 23 Paladin!
GM: He's too powerful, and anyway, he was snatched to Valhalla last week. Roll new.
Player: But that guy could kill anything!
GM: Exactly. Roll new. Be nice and I might let you role-play him as an NPC later.
"
Do_odle wrote:

1) From lvl 80 to 100; you don't get THAT much stronger. By lvl 70 most builds already have a complete core and are at the very peak of their strength, nothing beyond that peak is very noticeable at all. The passives remain the same, the life and mana gain per remain the same.

I'd disagree A LOT. The difference between a lvl 80 build and a lvl 95 build can be huge. Those 15 points while they seem a small amount can be the difference between picking an important keystone vs not being able to pick it while maintaining survivability.

Think of foxtactics RF-arcer that killed uber atziri. There is no way that he could have done that at lvl 80.

I'm not saying that each build will be tremendously more powerfull with 15 more points but the best builds often are some of the most complex ones and this does require a large passive point investment.

PS. Grinding palace and courtyard 24/7 for weeks on end is boring as shit, that I agree about.

PPS. I would really love some more PvP updates as well. I focus on lld only right now though because it feels more balanced and is easier to gear and create chars.
"
andkamen_race wrote:
"
Do_odle wrote:

I'd disagree A LOT. The difference between a lvl 80 build and a lvl 95 build can be huge. Those 15 points while they seem a small amount can be the difference between picking an important keystone vs not being able to pick it while maintaining survivability.

Think of foxtactics RF-arcer that killed uber atziri. There is no way that he could have done that at lvl 80.

I'm not saying that each build will be tremendously more powerfull with 15 more points but the best builds often are some of the most complex ones and this does require a large passive point investment.

PS. Grinding palace and courtyard 24/7 for weeks on end is boring as shit, that I agree about.

PPS. I would really love some more PvP updates as well. I focus on lld only right now though because it feels more balanced and is easier to gear and create chars.

Also you need to take into consideration how much your equipment improves by level 90 from level 80. My level 90 had 3x times the amount of dps as my level 85 and 1k of hp more because at higher level you focus on getting the most 'bad ass' equipment and levelling becomes secondary since it takes so long anyway.
Last edited by ninedeadeyes on Jul 27, 2014, 12:22:09 PM
"
Rts420 wrote:
"
ChuanHsing wrote:
I can post more about it, npc talks, quest messages. They are leaked files from someone.

For august expansion, they are Hideout NPCs.

Tora, Master of the Hunt
Catarina, Master of the Dead
Makoa, Warmaster
Thealus, Master Assassin
Vagan, Weaponmaster
Elreon, Loremaster
Zana, Master Cartographer

You can build hideout, hire, dismiss these in your hideout.

This is what makes this all seem legit.

If you look at the homepage there is 7 shadows of people.

Here is 7 unique names. Huge leaks from an inside source.

Look at the character that is 2nd from the right. Remind you of someone from Act 3? Few hints:

Starts with Lady
Ends with Dialla

I suppose her 'strangeness' could be on someone else but that is absolutely an outline inspired by her (if not of her). Seems more coincidence.
"
Nubatron wrote:
"
Rts420 wrote:
"
ChuanHsing wrote:
I can post more about it, npc talks, quest messages. They are leaked files from someone.

For august expansion, they are Hideout NPCs.

Tora, Master of the Hunt
Catarina, Master of the Dead
Makoa, Warmaster
Thealus, Master Assassin
Vagan, Weaponmaster
Elreon, Loremaster
Zana, Master Cartographer

You can build hideout, hire, dismiss these in your hideout.

This is what makes this all seem legit.

If you look at the homepage there is 7 shadows of people.

Here is 7 unique names. Huge leaks from an inside source.

Look at the character that is 2nd from the right. Remind you of someone from Act 3? Few hints:

Starts with Lady
Ends with Dialla

I suppose her 'strangeness' could be on someone else but that is absolutely an outline inspired by her (if not of her). Seems more coincidence.

It's a character wearing deaths oath, seen right here
"
ChuanHsing wrote:
Hideout
Spoiler
IGN: Asser, AssDelver, Assphobic, AnointedAss, BetrayedByMyAss, CrackedAss, FracturedAss, FulcrumedUpMyAss, ImpaledAss, IncursionOfTheAss, WarForTheAss, UnleashTheAss, ScreamingAsshole, SwampAssKing, Yui

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info