Act 4 Data Mining

"
ChuanHsing wrote:
I got about 200+ npc dialogs, 15 area settings, 5 quest settings, 6 quest icons, 3 new gems, 20+ mob names, and some act4 models and textures.

Can you open those models though? Do you know what format they are in, what plugin/software can import them? Because I can't find anything to open them, not the ones you have specifically, obviously, but all of the game's models/rigs are the same. I thought they were source engine files at first because those are .smd too, but nope.
Last edited by oBLACKIECHANo on Jul 26, 2014, 7:05:50 PM
"
ggnorekthx wrote:
Regarding area levels, my prediction is that the end of Act 4, if we're LUCKY, will be around level 69. MAYBE 70. I really do wish that they main game content went a little closer to 75 because of the exponential nature of experience gain, or rather loss due to the penalty. Back when Lunaris was 68 I felt like hitting 80 was a breeze, now it is 66 and it honestly becomes a slog to even hit 75 running Piety.

But we'll see, it obviously won't be 82 so I'm certain those are just area markers.

So whats the point of act 4 if the level of act 3 is 1 less then 4 its as if your not moving forward at all since im sure act 4 wont be 10 mins long

If anything act 4 should end at 76 or 86... why does it matter if you can lvl fast (races maybe who cares about that)

Adding an act that is the same lvl as an act we already have does nothing and would be a waste of time

You can get to lvl 200 in maplestory in 8ish hours (they nerfed all high lvl xp and then nerfed it again like 4 dasy ago) - I have never had a lvl 200 in 7? years of playing yet but it can be done as it alwasy is when a new class is made (newest update was like 4 dasy ago with the nerfs and there was a 200 in less then 8 hours i think)
"
ChuanHsing wrote:
I can post more about it, npc talks, quest messages. They are leaked files from someone.

For august expansion, they are Hideout NPCs.

Tora, Master of the Hunt
Catarina, Master of the Dead
Makoa, Warmaster
Thealus, Master Assassin
Vagan, Weaponmaster
Elreon, Loremaster
Zana, Master Cartographer

You can build hideout, hire, dismiss these in your hideout.

This is what makes this all seem legit.

If you look at the homepage there is 7 shadows of people.

Here is 7 unique names. Huge leaks from an inside source.
It matters because we don't want the game to be balanced assuming that you're playing a level 100 character. Without a soft cap, it becomes simply mandatory that you grind out to 100 just to play at the level everyone else is. There's no reward for dedication, and without dedication GGG will be bankrupt. They know this. There's no way we're getting an easier road to 100.

It's already too easy.

My bet is we're going to see the whole level structure re-worked with act IV... perhaps even see one of the difficulties removed.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:

My bet is we're going to see the whole level structure re-worked with act IV... perhaps even see one of the difficulties removed.

There's no "perhaps." They've been saying they're going to do exactly this for years. They're not inflating the level cap because that means a lot of additional work reitemizing everything and redoing the map system, along with making any existing characters totally obsolete. Chris has reiterated this design goal for expansions on every podcast.
I believe the "perhaps" refers to whether or not a difficulty is removed. That is, we currently have "nine" acts, will it be 12 or 8 with act 4 introduced? We had 8 in Closed Beta so it seems reasonable, and with 10 acts total being the goal, the introduction of act 5 and 2 difficulties looks right. BUT, what happens when we get act 6+ ? With that in mind I wouldn't be surprised if we stick to 3 difficulties with act 4 & 5, then back to 2 difficulties with act 6 & 7, one once (if) act 8+ comes out.
Tin foil hats are a lie propagated by the aluminium industry.
just wow at that image. the gane seems to be turning to the old promise of being dark and gritty. i can't say more but fucking wow to those designs. now i really think the game is going on a good direction and it's going even surpass diablo 2 and become a legend. i'm really really hyped man.

the increased difficulty on area levels is a must, the game needs to be much more difficult. when your char is nearly finished you are basically facerolling the game and that is not fun anymore.
Last edited by chromafunk on Jul 26, 2014, 10:47:18 PM
So what is the point of having levels at all then? why not remove lvls and just be grind fest or raise the max lvl to like 255

Its like GGG makes something then doesn't want anyone to ever get it... seems odd
"
Lynerus wrote:
So what is the point of having levels at all then? why not remove lvls and just be grind fest or raise the max lvl to like 255

Its like GGG makes something then doesn't want anyone to ever get it... seems odd

The point it that people do get it in about a month time. This is times faster then what it used to be around open beta and release.

If they keep raising area levels as much as some of you suggest here eventually everyone will be running a lvl 100 chars eventually and there will be no or less point in grinding further.

Having a hard to achieve goal is what keeps a lot of players motivated.
LLD BOTW spark/arc caster guide http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1133731
There can always be added something infinite to grind after you reach lvl 100. (*looks at D3 paragon levels*)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info