Act 4 Data Mining

"
Uvne wrote:
You should probably get your sources straight. Most of the stuff in this thread concerns Act 4, which isn't the next expansion, 1.2. Chris didn't lie. The only thing in the August expansion in this particular leak is the list of hideout/hire guys.

And just out of curiousity, what companies have baldly lied about the content of an update in order to keep it a secret? I follow a lot of in-development games and I can't recall any situation where this has happened. Standard procedure is "we do not comment on rumors and speculation," not providing blatant misinformation.

You must not watch podcasts or interviews with producers/leads what not during the process of releases or new content info gatherings. When people are asked questions or give into the best they can and it comes out later they totally bent the truth or striaght tell fibs just to keep it a secret. Also i said *threads* if you think this is the one and only thread posted about upcoming stuff you should prbably get your sources straight.

One of the possible biggest blatant lies in the current mainstream MMO known as World of Warcraft was Vol'jin wouldn't be the new Warchief of the horde in any shape or form, wanna guess who it was?

Companies getting leaked info/pics and people ask about them are given false info to curve thier excitement. If you really haven't seen this following new games or playing new content, you really must not play much of anything.
Regarding area levels, my prediction is that the end of Act 4, if we're LUCKY, will be around level 69. MAYBE 70. I really do wish that they main game content went a little closer to 75 because of the exponential nature of experience gain, or rather loss due to the penalty. Back when Lunaris was 68 I felt like hitting 80 was a breeze, now it is 66 and it honestly becomes a slog to even hit 75 running Piety.

But we'll see, it obviously won't be 82 so I'm certain those are just area markers.
Team Won
"
"
AllisonW wrote:
"
I hope you guys realize that since GGG neither commented in here or removed the thread when it was made that this is very likely some awesome trolling instead of an actual leak. Leaks get closed, false information doesnt.

Need I remind you that the OP posted evidence after rounding up a bunch of doubters like myself? http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/981227/page/3#p8312909

That said I still don't think it's necessarily the case that the final, released Act 4 will actually have area levels all the way up to 82. Given perfectly sound arguments like that it could also just be a numbered area list and that the version that testers are playing is not guaranteed to be the final version.

Evidence can be faked.

I am sure this guy paid out the nose to hire a professional artist to make a completely convincing fake image just to troll us.
"
MrPom wrote:
"
BeRse wrote:
"
glh5 wrote:
Lol, so it's gonna be level to 100 in one week.

in Diablo 2 you could get in 2 days from 1 to 99 - so whats the problem if it takes 1 week in PoE?

No.

record for 1-99 in Diablo 2 is 39 hours
google it if you don't believe me ...
You guys do know that controlled leaks are a well known prehype promotion tactic? GGG can't use exact same promotion template every 5 months so they have to try out newer things.

Also - remember how the community was enraged that we, the people of PoE had to wait until external infidels from gaming media drop us something? Exclusives will never go away so one has to cater to both groups in a creative way. We, the people of PoE are dedicated enough to overanalyze every bit of data dropped upon us so why not drop us something like that.

There's leaks, theres hype, there's controversy, there's still plenty of exclusive info to sell and forum monsters have food - pure win for GGG.
Be ready. You're not paranoid, you're PREPARED.

I quit this game every few months and so should you to continue playing it in the future.

The device is believed to have been dropped
"
Dait wrote:

You must not watch podcasts or interviews with producers/leads what not during the process of releases or new content info gatherings. When people are asked questions or give into the best they can and it comes out later they totally bent the truth or striaght tell fibs just to keep it a secret. Also i said *threads* if you think this is the one and only thread posted about upcoming stuff you should prbably get your sources straight.

One of the possible biggest blatant lies in the current mainstream MMO known as World of Warcraft was Vol'jin wouldn't be the new Warchief of the horde in any shape or form, wanna guess who it was?

Companies getting leaked info/pics and people ask about them are given false info to curve thier excitement. If you really haven't seen this following new games or playing new content, you really must not play much of anything.

OK, that may be true for all I know. I don't play MMOs, so I guess I don't play "much of anything." I still don't see how this sets an industry precedent. I know both Sony and Microsoft's E3 announcements have been leaked before, and both of them just turtled up and made the best of it. And I still don't see the logical leap you made going from "Ha, this thread shows Kaom as a part of Act 4, therefore Chris lied about Kaom not being in the 1.2 expansion."

"
AllisonW wrote:
"
"
AllisonW wrote:

Need I remind you that the OP posted evidence after rounding up a bunch of doubters like myself? http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/981227/page/3#p8312909

That said I still don't think it's necessarily the case that the final, released Act 4 will actually have area levels all the way up to 82. Given perfectly sound arguments like that it could also just be a numbered area list and that the version that testers are playing is not guaranteed to be the final version.

Evidence can be faked.

I am sure this guy paid out the nose to hire a professional artist to make a completely convincing fake image just to troll us.

Well, even the bioshock infinite trailer shows things that were not in the game at all. So this 'leak' might not be as legit as people think.
If you click the GGG logo at the bottom of this page it takes you to their generic website which has artwork of what I'm guessing is Highgate.
Tin foil hats are a lie propagated by the aluminium industry.
"
ignarsoll wrote:
"
Nightmare90 wrote:
I think Max left work at GGG for his own enterprise, if that is the German artist you are relating to.

I don't know who he relates to but you're correct, Max was responsible for creating the map.

He was really good at what he do, I miss him. (not implying new ones are not good, just Max was great in his own artistic style)

Max Schulz 's Gallery

A shame he left, looks like he created mosto f the style I love most. Hopefully GGG can commission him for small pieces here and there.
IGN: Asser, AssDelver, Assphobic, AnointedAss, BetrayedByMyAss, CrackedAss, FracturedAss, FulcrumedUpMyAss, ImpaledAss, IncursionOfTheAss, WarForTheAss, UnleashTheAss, ScreamingAsshole, SwampAssKing, Yui
"
"
AllisonW wrote:

Well, even the bioshock infinite trailer shows things that were not in the game at all. So this 'leak' might not be as legit as people think.

Question, I do not know the case, but why exactly are people bringing up biocock into this?
Oblivious
Last edited by Disrupted on Jul 26, 2014, 1:07:55 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info