Trade Hate: Which one takes more skill?

"
"
oBLACKIECHANo wrote:
"

Let me get this straight, the only difference you see between path and d3 is the ability to trade in path?

Because thats the only change necessary to make a SFL..

You fail to understand that to make a SFL viable you would need to rebalance drop rates and that would make the game easier. Not only that but the reason people like these types of games is because of the cool loot, and why do they like the cool loot? Because it's valuable, so if you remove trading every item that drops is utterly worthless unless it fits your very specific build and therefore like 40% of the fun is gone.

Most people want a SFL because they are bad at the game, they have no idea how to trade and want higher drop rates so they can play 3 hours a week and be decked out. You don't need any changes to play SFL if all you want is no trading, you can do that in any league just fine, you only need a SFL league when you want higher drop rates.

Speak for yourself, id find the game perfectly viable with trading just removed and nothing else. I like the cool loot because it lets me blow shit up in various ways, not because I can use it to sell to other people so I have lots of pretty orbs sitting in my stash doing nothing. Also, its not a useless drop if its useful for ANY of your characters. Its a self found league, and 15 different characters are still myself.

At the second paragraph, I do not see being able to flip items and rip people off as 'part of the game' I see it as part of the economy created by the gamers. I want a SFL league so I can see how I am going against other self found players.

I understand that perhaps not everyone asking for a SFL feels this way, but all you are doing from my point of view is making things up to try and prove a point..

You think it's viable by just removing trading, but most SFL people don't, like I said, they want higher drop rates and easier crafting and are using SFL as an excuse to get the easier game.

Being able to flip items and rip people off is certainly part of the game whether you like it or not, because the economy and the trading is part of the core game and it's designed around it, you asking for a SFL is asking GGG to change what their game is about. And wanting to see a ladder of self found players isn't a good enough reason.
Last edited by oBLACKIECHANo on Jul 27, 2014, 10:39:59 AM
@ oBLACKIECHANo.

I dont want them to change their core game in any way but the removal of trading. If that removal counts as changing their core game, then.. yea. Im asking for them to do that. I dont expect them to, but I can ask all I want ya know. Ive actually come to the conclusion during this thread that as opposed to leagues a simple option on character creation to tick a box and have a seperate stash/set of characters that can not trade but play on the normal leagues would actually be better, but unfortunately I doubt that will happen as well /shrug.
IGN
Last edited by MierenEronaile on Jul 27, 2014, 10:44:39 AM
From only known stats resource we have:

Total top peak for game was 34k players. Current peak was 4k ...

If GGG wants this game to survive 89% drop in player base is not a good way to accomplish it.

Now we come to calculations :

"Is it worth more to balance game for 1% circle jerks or 99% that went ->> this way to D3..."

Just sayin something is really F**KED UP if biggest supporter Charan, that donated more then 10 000 $ into this game and RAGE quited.

F2P players dont care and just quit everyday. They have nothing to lose. Problem is that supporters leave in huge waves.

Sorry circle jerks but no f2p game was able to sustain itself if supporters left.

Just to keep circle jerk up
IGN: PojzonAbyss
[3.2] Immortal Indigon Poet's Pen Hirophant - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2129766
[3.1] Yamata No Orochi - Oni-Goroshi Jugg http://poeurl.com/bHB9
[2.4] The True Queen Of The Forest - Poison LA/BR Pathfinder http://poeurl.com/M6u [Retired]
Last edited by eragon1111 on Jul 27, 2014, 10:53:39 AM
"
eragon1111 wrote:

If GGG wants this game to survive 89% drop in player base is not a good way to accomplish it.

"Is it worth more to balance game for 1% circle jerks or 99% that went ->> this way to D3..."

Just sayin something is really F**KED UP if biggest supporter Charan, that donated more then 10 000 $ into this game and RAGE quited.

F2P players dont care and just quit everyday. They have nothing to lose. Problem is that supporters leave in huge waves.

Sorry circle jerks but no f2p game was able to sustain itself if supporters left.

Using Steam numbers made your entire post invalid. Also, I'm, pretty sure Charan quit over pretty much nothing.
What did happen to charan lol.. I was gone for a while and yea.
IGN
"
oBLACKIECHANo wrote:
"
eragon1111 wrote:

Using Steam numbers made your entire post invalid. Also, I'm, pretty sure Charan quit over pretty much nothing.

Charan left bcoz they said NO to his last sword idea. Doesnt change fact that he flamed a hell out of PoE in last days online. Also These stats are valid same way as current one month consists of 12k accounts where 70% are lvl 1 ...

More elitists circle jerking.. Tell that stats dont matter to past 2 pages of 2011 supporters sayin why they quit :>
IGN: PojzonAbyss
[3.2] Immortal Indigon Poet's Pen Hirophant - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2129766
[3.1] Yamata No Orochi - Oni-Goroshi Jugg http://poeurl.com/bHB9
[2.4] The True Queen Of The Forest - Poison LA/BR Pathfinder http://poeurl.com/M6u [Retired]
"
eragon1111 wrote:
"
oBLACKIECHANo wrote:
"
eragon1111 wrote:

Charan left bcoz they said NO to his last sword idea. Doesnt change fact that he flamed a hell out of PoE in last days online. Also These stats are valid same way as current one month consists of 12k accounts where 70% are lvl 1 ...

More elitists circle jerking.. Tell that stats dont matter to past 2 pages of 2011 supporters sayin why they quit :>

1) Most people don't use the Steam Client, so no, those numbers are not valid.

2) Of course the player count is going to be low for a fucking 1 month inbetween real leagues, what the fuck else would you expect?

3) And Charan did leave for nothing then, cool story.
"
oBLACKIECHANo wrote:

You think it's viable by just removing trading, but most SFL people don't, like I said, they want higher drop rates and easier crafting and are using SFL as an excuse to get the easier game.

Being able to flip items and rip people off is certainly part of the game whether you like it or not, because the economy and the trading is part of the core game and it's designed around it, you asking for a SFL is asking GGG to change what their game is about. And wanting to see a ladder of self found players isn't a good enough reason.

You know Blackie, I remember pretty well you agreeing with me that GGG should "change their game" by getting rid of loot tension and adding in loot options. And this was a change that affected EVERYONE. A league for people who don't want the game dominated by the economy really only affects the people who play it.

I would like to play a self found league. Do you really think that I want an easier game? As I have said before I would like to experience a decent drop rate and better crafting and I know very well that this would actually be more difficult because I wouldn't be able to quickly trade for gems and uniques like I can now.
Standard Forever
"
oBLACKIECHANo wrote:
"
eragon1111 wrote:

You dismissing Steam numbers is even worse.. I'm sure you were one of the many who was creaming at the sight of the player base rising on Steam, now it's drastically dropping you shun it.. Pathetic. Regardless, thinking Steam isn't an accurate representation is foolish considering most players who play the game now joined after the game released on Steam, 80% of players who played before have quit.
Last edited by Peenk on Jul 27, 2014, 12:00:50 PM
"
Peenk wrote:
"
oBLACKIECHANo wrote:
"
eragon1111 wrote:

You dismissing Steam numbers is even worse.. I'm sure you were one of the many who was creaming at the sight of the player base rising on Steam, now it's drastically dropping you shun it.. Pathetic. Regardless, thinking Steam isn't an accurate representation is foolish considering most players who play the game now joined after the game released on Steam, 80% of players who played before have quit.
I've never said anything about steam numbers.... wut. Nor have I said adding loot options was good. People really need to stop making things up to try and further their point. And no, most players played before steam, at open beta's release, but it seems you weren't here for that so don't pretend you know better, it's also in between real leagues right now, so again those numbers are completely irrelevant, even if they were relevant, it's always been a small game and it's still profitable.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info