Trade Hate: Which one takes more skill?

Ok!

First of all? A stupid thread.

To be able to farm successfully, there IS skills involved - if you do not follow CC builds. Theroy crafting, building, clear speed vs MF and so on. Not much, maybe - but the element is there.

And if we focus on the way most trade sessions are executed to day (xyz+B/O+offer+ok/GTFO), there isn't huge amounts of skills required there.

Just fucking split the player base all ready, gice the community their SFL - and let's forget about these STUPID comparing threads!
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
"
rrtson wrote:
"
Yes, I know what the word means. I just dont believe you when you say thats what you were doing.

Well now we can agree to disagree, and you can go about your merry way and make a dedicated SFL thread on reddit to gauge the receptiveness of your brilliant idea.

If it tanks, the thread will be off the front page in a flash. You won't even notice. And if the idea skyrockets, you'll have something to laugh at me about. How about it chum? Up for the challenge?

See how a minor change can make you seem less arrogant and hateful?
"

Oh, but I am hateful. And he clearly isn't my friend, so "chum" would have definitely been the wrong word to use there.
✮ in-game @FTMFW
✮ twitch.tv/RRTSON
✮ [Shop] http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/909223
✮ [Build of the Week] http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1034503
"
rrtson wrote:
"

Oh, but I am hateful. And he clearly isn't my friend, so "chum" would have definitely been the wrong word to use there.

No, it would have been the perfect word to use, for irony's sake. =D
Relax guys, it's only a game :)

IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
"
Chundadragon wrote:
Relax guys, it's only a game :)

That's exactly the point. People care about it, so they want to see it improved. The question is whether the changes that happen are better for the game (and its players) as a whole, or worse.
"
[Removed by Support] They are a company, and it behooves them to keep their players consolidated to a few leagues rather than trying to balance each specific one according to their special needs.

As someone said earlier, where do you draw the line at giving people special leagues just because they want them? 2-hand only, projectile only, arc only, etc. No. This is the wrong way to do grow their game.

First to make it clear, I don't want a SFL (why I have to state this every single post I make is beyond me).

However, to address these points.

"where do you draw the line at giving people special leagues"
"keep their players consolidated"
"splitting the community"

Personally, I would have drawn the line at not separating the middle and bottom of the permanent pyramid economies and defaulting them into temporary leagues.

But that was seen as no problem, purposely splitting players who partake in the economy, not only adding temp league only features and items, but actually setting those leagues as default.

I'm amazed that anyone, giving this precedence, can even think that separating non-economy players from economy players would be an issue, in the slightest, for THAT reason.
Casually casual.

Last edited by TheAnuhart on Jul 27, 2014, 10:03:58 AM
I think skill is involved to setup a farming strategy. Choose a build with good clear speed and room for MF gear. Purchase good MF gear. Choose the farming location. Once all that is in place though, farming is only a matter of endurance. The actual farming does not require any skill worth to highlight. I think the success at this point is decided by luck and not by skill (like OP said).

Trading is a broad skill in my opinion. Mechanically it is not difficult. To set up a shop and enter buy outs is not difficult at all. Neither is inviting people to a party and conduct a trade in act 1 normal. The difficulty is instead with the more abstract areas of the skill. Understanding demand, prices, and negotiation. No one can give you a formula for this. You have to practice practice practice until you get some mastery. If you choose to invest(flip) there is a degree of risk you must learn to manage, or you'll end up with a couple of uniques you do not want and no cash.

Perhaps some people are put off by how effective trading can be in PoE, which I can understand to a point. Especially if you are a new player and compare PoE with other ARPGs. But eventually you must stop comparing and see PoE for a game on its own. The devs purposely designed this game with trading in mind. It is part of the passion that drives them. To experience all that is PoE, you should invite yourself to learn trading, then you can fully see what the devs are so passionate about and the kind of experience they want to give you. Sometimes our fears/hatreds conquered, becomes our new interests and hobbies...
"
TheAnuhart wrote:
[Removed by Support] They are a company, and it behooves them to keep their players consolidated to a few leagues rather than trying to balance each specific one according to their special needs.

As someone said earlier, where do you draw the line at giving people special leagues just because they want them? 2-hand only, projectile only, arc only, etc. No. This is the wrong way to do grow their game.

Trading vs. self found is a pretty obvious way to split people into leagues IMO and is nothing like giving people an arc only league or 2 handed only league.

GGG has promoted special leagues or paid leagues for a long time. It was always their intention to do so unless they somehow changed their minds.
Standard Forever
"
iamstryker wrote:
Trading vs. self found is a pretty obvious way to split people into leagues IMO and is nothing like giving people an arc only league or 2 handed only league.

GGG has promoted special leagues or paid leagues for a long time. It was always their intention to do so unless they somehow changed their minds.

Fix your quote, please.
Casually casual.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info