Trade Hate: Which one takes more skill?

"
Perq wrote:
"
Stuff by people

Just give them that league so they shut up. They don't know what they are asking for, but whatever. They will whine about inability to progress as soon as they hit The Almighty Gear Wall.

It is not a huge problem to create SFL without trade. The problem is, it would be hardly playable. Most probably everyone would go all in when it have launched *HYPE HYPE HYPE*, and then quit after The Gear Wall appeared. And GGG would have to deal with even more whines, and "suggestions to balance SFL".

You say you don't want to play game based around trade? That's too bad, because we do like it, so get over it, and stop trying to force your point of view on others. Things you are asking for are not there, and most likely won't happen. Topic title asks for reasons, many people gave you multiple reasons, and all you could say in return is "OMFG, STOP FORCING YOUR GAME STYLE ON ME, OMG". Problem is, "my game style" is just about what game is NOW. I'm not stepping in and requesting to make a whole new league just for me, because I want to play in one way or another. If you really, really, really hate trading all that much, just quit.

Almost 100% of requests and suggestions just ignore the fact that it has to be done. It takes time, and money. Not your money, so you don't give a fuck, right? You WANT, and they better deliver, because you don't like their game. Game is NOT suited for SLF, no matter what you would claim. It could, ofc, but GGG has limited time and man power, so I guess their thinking would be more content for their main player base, rather than splitting their community. Also, SLF would never be part of Standard league, thus it would be balanced in other way. Another balance team for SFL, more problems. And how many people would be dedicated to it for long time? Obsly forever! Because hype! SLF OMG!

tl;dr I'm not saying that SLF is a terrible thing, and nobody should get it. Some people prefer solo over party play or trading. Sure, why not. But I think that GGG has better things to do, and with their limited budget and man-power I'd rather see them making more content that creating whole new game.

Except, ultimately, it is money a lot of us have given them. I dont like their game? This is LITERALLY my favorite game ever. You scream about how its not suited to SFL, and I sit here laughing at you because you wouldnt have the patience to play it.

You talk about gear walls, and I see a reason to reroll and continue building up gear. Theres no reason 'self found' would stop me from trading gear between characters, so there is no gear wall.

Nothing needs to be dedicated to it except the resources required to create it in the first place and keep it running.

'You say you don't want to play game based around trade? That's too bad, because we do like it, so get over it, and stop trying to force your point of view on others.'

LOL. Just.. lol.

'We like this, get over it'

'Stop trying to force your view on others'

hahaha.

Ohh my god, why am I even replying to this again 0o..
IGN
"
This is LITERALLY my favorite game ever. You scream about how its not suited to SFL, and I sit here laughing at you because you wouldnt have the patience to play it.

So you request to change it, because it is your favorite game ever... wait what?

"
'You say you don't want to play game based around trade? That's too bad, because we do like it, so get over it, and stop trying to force your point of view on others.'

LOL. Just.. lol.

hahaha.

Ohh my god, why am I even replying to this again 0o...

No u. I win.
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
"
Perq wrote:
"
This is LITERALLY my favorite game ever. You scream about how its not suited to SFL, and I sit here laughing at you because you wouldnt have the patience to play it.

So you request to change it, because it is your favorite game ever... wait what?

"

LOL. Just.. lol.

hahaha.

Ohh my god, why am I even replying to this again 0o...

No u. I win.

Yep, because I cant want to improve my favorite game for myself lol. Lol at this.
IGN
"
If a player can not even choose what league to play in, they are fucking doomed in path of exile. It has far, far to many choices for one more at the start to matter.

You don't understand. Think about a group of friends, playmates, whatever:

Usually one guy starts with "hey lets try playing this game" then he goes for it, tells the others that it is fine and they should try and go for it too after an hour or not.

Now the other ppl install the game too. While the original guy started in SFL as he thought it is an obvious choice, guy 2 and 3 cant imagine to play the game without trading. Guy 4 doesnt care and guy 5 doesnt like the game at all.

Now guy 1 cant agree with 2 and 3 to play in either SF or trade league. Guy 5 wants to play smth different and as guy 4 is indifferent he joins guy 5 as he doesnt like guy 2 and 3 arguing with guy 1. After some time they figure out to play in different leagues or dont play the game at all. After some more time they figure out that playing in different leagues than your friends isnt fun at all and go back to diablo 3 where everything is easy enough for them and predetermined.

This is just one example of player loss, where there are dozens or hundreds of them. Please try to understand and get away from your own biased SFL perspective. In dev perspecitve it is bad a hundred ways.

Go on and implement a SFL and let it run some months. You will hear ppl asking for SFL hc, SFL 4 month leagues etc. You will hear ppl complaining about SFL being useless without tweaked droprates, how they quitted the game because they could not find that one gem that they wanted or didnt get 4l with 20 fusings on an item that they saved for for a week and so on.

No matter what your biased minds tell you, in a dev perspective a SFL wont create good experiences (this is what dev wants) but have huge detrimental effects on whole PoE.
Last edited by LSN on Jul 25, 2014, 8:03:07 AM
"

Yep, because I cant want to improve my favorite game for myself lol. Lol at this.

LoL, Lol. lololo, lolo, lol? Did I win? Lololo. ???
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
Look LSN, I can bring up random theoretical situations to prove my point to.

Without the SFL the first guy would never have played at all and never have recommended the game to his friends.

Yep.
IGN
"

Without the SFL the first guy would never have played at all and never have recommended the game to his friends.

Yep.

Yes you can, but tweaking my example is wrong:
Decisions about playing/trying a game or not are not made upon SF or trade league, but the game itself. The decision about weather to play in one of the 4 SFL or one of the 4 trading leagues will come afterwards. If there is no choice the decision will be easier and cause less troubles amongst players (which is an undebateable matter of fact).
Last edited by LSN on Jul 25, 2014, 8:06:11 AM
Still viewing the argument through your own filter. SFO only players don't want to join a party or be forced to trade.

That you can do both is not at issue. Never has been. You want to play with friends and/or trade? Nothing is stopping you.

SFO is a style of play many prefer. That you don't doesn't prevent you from playing your way. Why is that so hard to understand?

And a new league will hurt GGG? Damn! Ambush, cutthroat, Nemesis must of killed this game months ago. The truth is only GGG knows what it would cost to make a SFL. Any talk about it hurting the company is just bullshit speculation to try and out shout the opposing view.

"
Moonyu wrote:
Still viewing the argument through your own filter. SFO only players don't want to join a party or be forced to trade.

That you can do both is not at issue. Never has been. You want to play with friends and/or trade? Nothing is stopping you.

SFO is a style of play many prefer. That you don't doesn't prevent you from playing your way. Why is that so hard to understand?

And a new league will hurt GGG? Damn! Ambush, cutthroat, Nemesis must of killed this game months ago. The truth is only GGG knows what it would cost to make a SFL. Any talk about it hurting the company is just bullshit speculation to try and out shout the opposing view.

The thing is, I expect ppl to use their brain when I discuss with them:
"
And a new league will hurt GGG? Damn! Ambush, cutthroat, Nemesis must of killed this game months ago.

You don't know that SFL would need to get its own ambush, nemesis on hc and sc to make it consistent. These leagues you named were all about to be implemented into standard hc/sc which a SFl would not, therefore it would split playerbase forever. This would be not only sc/hc as it is now but then sc-sfl, hc-sfl, sc-trade, hc-trade.

As you obviously argue with wrong facts and can't reach an adequate level of brain-usage, it's becoming useless to debate with you.
"
LSN wrote:
"

Yep.

Yes you can, but tweaking my example is wrong:
Decisions about playing/trying a game or not are not made upon SF or trade league, but the game itself. The decision about weather to play in one of the 4 SFL or one of the 4 trading leagues will come afterwards. If there is no choice the decision will be easier and cause less troubles amongst players (which is an undebateable matter of fact).

It will cause less trouble, you say?

Thats interesting, because so far the lack of SFL has caused a great deal of trouble on these forums lol.

@Perq

Just spamming lol randomly is not what I am doing, as I am sure if you were paying attention you would see.

Also, to address this whole 'it would need a new league' issue.. They could simply make it an option on character creation and track them on a different ladder and the whole thing would be solved.

In case you missed it though.. I am perfectly capable of wanting to change and improve my favorite game.
IGN
Last edited by MierenEronaile on Jul 25, 2014, 8:16:00 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info