Trade Hate: Which one takes more skill?

"
@ LSN

It might cause those problems with someone like you, but people like you are not going to PLAY THE OPTIONAL SFL WE WANT, so its not a bloody problem..

The only problem I can accept is that it may split players, but honestly I view this as a non issue cause all that means to me is I dont have to deal with the traders..

This is what I mean with you didnt think it through to the end. All your focus in on how much a SFL would increase your gameplay experience.

1. Would it?
What is good about finding soul taker 3 times while finding 0 kaoms and you can only vendor the lesser onses while your friend so much wants it and you want a kaoms?

2. Would a SFL affect other leagues?
Yes it does. If it gets more rewarding than regular leagues, it makes feeling non SFL useless.

3. Can a SFL be releases without tweaks?
No it can't. Because it would create bad experiences for players playing PoE in the current system without the ability of trading to make up for essential things that failed to drop (like gems.

4. Does it therefore require alot of developing time to rebalance such a SFL?
Yes it does.

5. Do 2. and 3. contradict each other by itself and therefore create huge troubles while doing 4.?
Yes it does.

6. Do more choices at the beginning for new players at the same time enable them to do more wrong choices?
Yes they do.

7. Will players have more or less furstration moments in a SFL than in a regular leage?
More. Because they are limited and restricted even more on layers upon layers of RNG than now (major point of concern of PoE that should be addressed instead of SFL).

... I could continue like that for sure with pages.

I can't see how a mediocre intelligent person who is able to switch view a bit more into a developers perspective than his own can't see all these things next to the hard fact that splitting up players on more different leagues will inevitably increase the feeling of "dead leagues, dead game" and cause increased player loss therefore.

And all these listed do not even include the whole bandwith of arguments that go into the science of player interaction abilities and the meaning of them for long term addiction/stickiness of players to the game.

All this does not include yet that implementing SFL accordingly would mean to implement 4 new leagues: SFL sc/hc, SFL 4month sc/hc. Because SFL players would get bored after some months and would want a fresh start with all players starting evenly with nothing instead of competing with players who played 6 months 24/7 while they themselves didnt have more time to play more than 10h per week due to work.
Last edited by LSN on Jul 25, 2014, 7:30:41 AM
The example of finding three unique items that are the same and not being able to share with a friend is not an issue.

SFO already doesn't share with others. I play SFO and Solo only. I want zero interaction with you while I am playing the game. No chat, no trade, no party. Can I get that already? Yes. I also hit the wall of character progression due to the very unbalanced RNG.

GGG has talked about designer leagues since CB. I am willing to pay for a SFO league. I am not willing to donate anymore money for the trade based game they have in place now.

Do you enjoy the current system? Excellent! Play it your way. No one is stopping you. NO ONE! But please stop with thinking its us against them. It isn't. I play melee only. I don't make threads crying that other people want to play as necros or witches. SFO only players simply want to enjoy the game too without being forced into trading that GGG has made the very conscious decision in making it currently.

But in the end, it is GGG's game and their right to do with it as they please. Nothing posted here is going to change that.
Well I am trying to explain you why it makes no sense to implement SFL system in the perspective of developers and ask you to understand it. In any way we had a SFL already if it had any overall benefits.

It is all I can do. If you don't want to understand it I cant help it.
That's funny. I can use that exact same phrase about you. You simply don't get it.
The difference is that we do not have a SFL for good reasons.

To compare you with me, a SFL needed be in place and I would have to argue to erase it.

Thats not the case.

"
The example of finding three unique items that are the same and not being able to share with a friend is not an issue.

This shows how limited your view is. It is something that is on D3 forums on a daily basis. Ppl complain just how stupid this system of no trading with their friends, community etc is. It is smth that is gonna happen all the time and create frustration amongst players (developer perspective, did you hear about it?).

It is a clear factor of player loss in the long term.

It is not important what you think or believe about why you are playing a game. The fact that in a SFL you will drop 3 bors within a period of time but none of the items you actually wanted will screw your experience (inevitably).
When you invite a rl friend to play PoE with you, you make a new charackter with him, equip yours with all your self found uniques while not being able to give him anything will screw you both up. Either you will walk with fresh found gear as him and will think "what a dumb shit, I got all these low uniques but I cant use them even tho i found them myself" or you gear up yourself while letting your friend low equipped will cause him to think "wtf, no he gears up himself and I have to run with the crap, why cant he give me one of these items".

Last edited by LSN on Jul 25, 2014, 7:46:56 AM
You are welcome to your opinion. Just as you are welcome to play Hardcore instead of Standard or join a race or play in the next 4 month league.

None of those hurt the game. A SFO league won't either. You can keep posting why you don't want one. I'll keep posting why I do. But in the end, its still GGG's call. Not ours.

But back to my last point. Creating more threads about taking sides is pointless. It solves nothing and only leads to aggravation. Play the way you want. I am not going to stop you. I am also not going to join you.

Edit: Played D3. Never traded there either.
@ LSN
1. Would it?
What is good about finding soul taker 3 times while finding 0 kaoms and you can only vendor the lesser onses while your friend so much wants it and you want a kaoms?

The good in this is that I find my own loot and my friends find their own loot. If I find to much of the same loot, Ill either let it sit in my stash or vendor it. I do not view this as a problem. Point one of yours is completely debunked. Next.

2. Would a SFL affect other leagues?
Yes it does. If it gets more rewarding than regular leagues, it makes feeling non SFL useless.

Why the fuck would SFL be MORE rewarding than regular leagues? Theres no way in hell GGG would make it more rewarding than trade and Id play it as the game is RIGHT NOW. Point two is completely debunked.

3. Can a SFL be releases without tweaks?
No it can't. Because it would create bad experiences for players playing PoE in the current system without the ability of trading to make up for essential things that failed to drop (like gems.)

Yes, it can. Like, factually, it can. It would not create bad experiences for the people who dont want to play it, and those that DO want to play it would not consider those experiences BAD. Thats the whole point of GIVING US THE CHOICE.

4. Does it therefore require alot of developing time to rebalance such a SFL?
Yes it does.

No, it does not, because NONE of what you are talking about above is accurate. I would play a SFL if it was released exactly as the game is now. You would not, others would not, but that is not relevant at all.

5. Do 2. and 3. contradict each other by itself and therefore create huge troubles while doing 4.?
Yes it does.

SFL effecting other leagues and SFL needing tweaks dont contradict eachother, but neither are actually true either so yaknow.

6. Do more choices at the beginning for new players at the same time enable them to do more wrong choices?
Yes they do.

If a player can not even choose what league to play in, they are fucking doomed in path of exile. It has far, far to many choices for one more at the start to matter.

7. Will players have more or less furstration moments in a SFL than in a regular leage?
More. Because they are limited and restricted even more on layers upon layers of RNG than now (major point of concern of PoE that should be addressed instead of SFL).

Yes, we will probably have more. Whats your point? You dont HAVE to play the SFL so only the people who want those moments of frustration or dont FIND IT FRUSTRATING will play it.

Your whole argument is basically 'some people dont like it so we shouldnt do it'

Except the people who wont like it dont have to do it so its not a bloody problem.

To LSN, honestly, you think OUR views are limited? LOL.
IGN
Last edited by MierenEronaile on Jul 25, 2014, 7:45:49 AM
@ LSN

One huge difference in your argument there is that in PoE you would have the choice to play SFL or to play trade league. It would make zero sense to complain about the SFL if your choosing to play it.

Don't try to assume that everyone in the SFL would complain about it. I am sure tons would love it and those issues you think EVERYONE would have is greatly exaggerated.

I for one would more than likely play both. I would enjoy the SFL for having interesting drops and switch over to the trade league if I decide I want specific items. Both have something to offer.
Standard Forever
Last edited by iamstryker on Jul 25, 2014, 7:45:51 AM
"
Stuff by people

Just give them that league so they shut up. They don't know what they are asking for, but whatever. They will whine about inability to progress as soon as they hit The Almighty Gear Wall.

It is not a huge problem to create SFL without trade. The problem is, it would be hardly playable. Most probably everyone would go all in when it have launched *HYPE HYPE HYPE*, and then quit after The Gear Wall appeared. And GGG would have to deal with even more whines, and "suggestions to balance SFL".

You say you don't want to play game based around trade? That's too bad, because we do like it, so get over it, and stop trying to force your point of view on others. Things you are asking for are not there, and most likely won't happen. Topic title asks for reasons, many people gave you multiple reasons, and all you could say in return is "OMFG, STOP FORCING YOUR GAME STYLE ON ME, OMG". Problem is, "my game style" is just about what game is NOW. I'm not stepping in and requesting to make a whole new league just for me, because I want to play in one way or another. If you really, really, really hate trading all that much, just quit.

Almost 100% of requests and suggestions just ignore the fact that it has to be done. It takes time, and money. Not your money, so you don't give a fuck, right? You WANT, and they better deliver, because you don't like their game. Game is NOT suited for SLF, no matter what you would claim. It could, ofc, but GGG has limited time and man power, so I guess their thinking would be more content for their main player base, rather than splitting their community. Also, SLF would never be part of Standard league, thus it would be balanced in other way. Another balance team for SFL, more problems. And how many people would be dedicated to it for long time? Obsly forever! Because hype! SLF OMG!

tl;dr I'm not saying that SLF is a terrible thing, and nobody should get it. Some people prefer solo over party play or trading. Sure, why not. But I think that GGG has better things to do, and with their limited budget and man-power I'd rather see them making more content that creating whole new game.
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
"
iamstryker wrote:
@ LSN

One huge difference in your argument there is that in PoE you would have the choice to play SFL or to play trade league. It would make zero sense to complain about the SFL if your choosing to play it.

Don't try to assume that everyone in the SFL would complain about it. I am sure tons would love it and those issues you think EVERYONE would have is greatly exaggerated.

I for one would more than likely play both. I would enjoy the SFL for having interesting drops and switch over to the trade league if I decide I want specific items. Both have something to offer.

Yea its pretty amazing that they dont seem to get this lol.

Its like, all this shit about it causing bad experiences gets mentioned and they expect that to sway us.

Complaining about those things in a SFL league would be like complaining about your character being gone after a death in hardcore?

The fuck?
IGN

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info