$$$ Grave Intentions Flame Totem MFarmer: I'm Cheap 'n' Easy $$$

thinking about trying this with an Infernal Mantle since I dont have to worry about deaths.

OK level 68 and doing pretty good farming Catacombs. Level 68 stats are 3222 DPS totems and 3836 ES. With Auras Im cold capped and have 33 Fire and 57 Lightning so will just flask if I get fire heavy mobs. Also have 416 IIR. Heres my current gear:

IGN: DabrixRN
Last edited by Thomasmgp on Oct 28, 2014, 7:31:39 PM
Infernal mantle is one of my old time favorite uniques. Nice resists for having 2 AV rings equipped. This build should be ok farming Piety for a while till you get enough currency for a 5L Solaris - at which point you can do 66-68 maps easily with your deeps.
IGN: Grave_Intentions
$$$ Grave Intentions Flame Totem MFarmer: I'm Cheap 'n' Easy $$$
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/979802
so I made some modifications since I play on Rampage. Dropped some ES and picked up some more damage. This works quite well for Dominus:

Stats with the following gear:
Spoiler

15 IIQ and 414 IIR with shield Swap
IGN: DabrixRN
Last edited by Thomasmgp on Nov 2, 2014, 1:16:11 PM
Fried chicken, just wanted to thank you so much for the build guide. Used it all throughout Rampage, so easy to gear for and was able to find tons of good loot!! Appreciate it man.
This build looks like exactly what I want to do to start the next 3-month leagues. Do you think it'll still be as viable with the upcoming changes to the 1.3 tree?
How can you play this in hardcore with such little ES?
"
Dnadz wrote:
This build looks like exactly what I want to do to start the next 3-month leagues. Do you think it'll still be as viable with the upcoming changes to the 1.3 tree?

of course!
my starting char will also have a flame totem build
Currently looking at the following build for 1.3 (with the newest tree) to have a MF character in Standard for solo-ing when I am bored.

https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgMA37CCEI-mRKtVriycEFiHZd-K6QJLrhsl2VttGRFQNbmnKx1PLR-VIMHzXIqio3_GwcV714_67Bhwu9kTL28c3JMntAxGcYMJ4Ygdquq6DXxXySj6gscMfRB_xp756EGHtz7GrhDMK7aMRviTPC3E9nKpwBpZ86yqcYV65mP9Rte3MYx2Zp5Y5SoTWiuj8vrSFy9k51XWgKTsVSqNSRs22PFsrJj318NtXGuESF8qdFX2rnhpLKcOPBRx-OvqGPcyNAo3ZpDWLKYaj_ba-wkZipu1wzrKSm-eHRSPRpuh

Suggestions/improvements welcome, both for:
- the existing tree above
- where to spend additional points (I suspect 1 or 2 will have to go to +30 dex nodes) I strongly suspect Celestial Punishment (20Q IncBurnDam gives 10% and L20 Flammability another 14% for a total of 29% chance to ignite, so 10 hits/sec enemies will be ignited very rapidly)

I am also thinking about using a legacy

to:
- provide 28 sorely needed dexterity
- use 1 more aura on life and 1 less on mana
- no longer need Purity of Elements (since the shield is 49% all-res by itself)
- and then either
* not use the Charisma cluster anymore (saving 8 points), save more points on mana nodes as there is one less aura on mana
* or use Grace for added defence (since Unwavering Stance in in a much worse location in 1.3)

but the impact on my ES will be significant over a shield like
, let alone one of the Mirrored Monstrosities.

Dear Maligaro,
I left my head in San Francisco, I lost my legs in Peru
My liver and kidney are on holiday in Sydney
And I am sending my Heart to you
--- Love, Malachai
Last edited by Flapdrol on Dec 9, 2014, 9:12:37 AM
I like your build. I also agree that using Prism Guardien will result in a massive lack of ES. So I wouldn't really aim for it.

Dropping Charisma to save up 8 Points would be awesome. You could do that by dropping Purity of Elements and using this setup (see here):
On Mana: Dicipline, Purity of Ice, Purity of Fire
On Life: Purity of Lightning, Clarity

(Note: Depending on your lvl of Blood Magic and Reduced Mana and your total Life Pool you won't be able to have a lvl 20 Clarity Aura)

You could even run the default setup with Purity of Elements if you try to blanace it with a rather low lvl Clarity (see here)
On Mana: Purity of Elements, Purity of Light, Purity of Fire, Purity of Ice
On Life: Dicipline, Clarity

(Note: You'll need lvl 20 Reduced Mana and lvl 20 Blood Magic and a good chunk of Mana and Mana regeneration to make this work)

By dropping Ironwood you could also save another 8 points. I've never played a totem build so far but so I can't tell if this node is absolutley necessary. But with the 1.3 tree you don't grap neither Unwavering Stance nor Champion of the Cause. This makes traveling down all the way to Ironwood less rewarding.

This was my template for the new league. Plan is to drop Charisma once gems are leveled up and/or I can abandon Purity of Elements.
Last edited by kahzin on Dec 9, 2014, 12:39:14 PM
I am making a test run on an old toon, and now have 5100 ES with Prism Guardian (but with quite good gear), no Charisma, no Purity of Elements with one Andvarius and still easily overcapped.

5100 ES should be enough as I will use the build mainly to run my 1500+ Vaal fragments into Midnights, while maintaining 107/438 MF. Fragments have a very high density of bosses and exiles, so the rares pile up quickly.

Let us see how it goes....still need to level a lot of gems and improve my flasks.....but until now it works like a charm.

Dear Maligaro,
I left my head in San Francisco, I lost my legs in Peru
My liver and kidney are on holiday in Sydney
And I am sending my Heart to you
--- Love, Malachai
Last edited by Flapdrol on Dec 9, 2014, 2:15:51 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info