$$$ Grave Intentions Flame Totem MFarmer: I'm Cheap 'n' Easy $$$

"
kahzin wrote:

By dropping Ironwood you could also save another 8 points. I've never played a totem build so far but so I can't tell if this node is absolutley necessary. But with the 1.3 tree you don't grap neither Unwavering Stance nor Champion of the Cause. This makes traveling down all the way to Ironwood less rewarding.

Whats your opinion on this guys? I'd really like to skip Ironwood but I fear that my totems will just get nuked.
"
kahzin wrote:
"
kahzin wrote:

By dropping Ironwood you could also save another 8 points. I've never played a totem build so far but so I can't tell if this node is absolutley necessary. But with the 1.3 tree you don't grap neither Unwavering Stance nor Champion of the Cause. This makes traveling down all the way to Ironwood less rewarding.

Whats your opinion on this guys? I'd really like to skip Ironwood but I fear that my totems will just get nuked.

Playing without Ironwood (albeit on lvl 71 maps or so) and I am having no trouble.
- Use a Q20 Flame Totem or as high a Q as you can afford: 60% additional totemlife is invaluable
- If you don't have a Doryani's catalyst: get one, if you cannot get one, get a
as the elemental life leech is invaluable (the totem gets the leeched life)
- Toss in a Cold Snap trap more often: they get frozen for a short while, and then it takes them some more time to "re-acquire" your totems, and then they die (Note: this only works with a Doryani's Catalyst with its lvl 20 Ele Proliferation built in)
- In some cases you have to place your totems strategically: charging rhoas and Blackguards make short work of a totem, so you place the second one right behind the first one, and as soon as they kill the first one, replace it right behind the second one.

I don't know what happens with 78 maps, but I do *not* think this build itself survives 78 maps very well solo (too squishy), and for team play (78 rotations etc.) it is way too slow. Maybe duo with a tanky friend?

In conclusion, now that Unwavering Stance and Champion of the Cause are gone in 1.3, Ironwood seems a poor investment.

My new 1.3 tree (without Ironwood and Charisma, with Prism Guardian and Haste and without Purity of Elements) looks like this:
https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgMA37CCEI-mRKtVriycEFiHZd-K6QJLrhsl2VttGRFQNbmnKx1PLR-VIMHzXIqio3_GwcV714_67Bhwu9kTL28c3JMntAxGcYMJ4Ygdquq6DXxXySj6gscMfRB_xp756EGHtz7GrhDMK7aMRviTwBpxhXrmY_1G17cxjHZmnljlKhNaK6Py-tIXL2TnVdaApOxVKo1JGzbY8WysmPfXw21ca4RIdFU0CjdmkNYsph0Uj0aboevuuJOnCKeU0f1CoySw2jqBr7jQsQVJsgLjB6XaubFCXyrw1UlRr7c=

More damage, more ES, will need some more points for Dex, and hopefully I can cut Deep Thought while retaining enough mana (saving another two nodes). Not sure what to do with the rest though:
- fill it out with more 6% ES nodes?
- go to Retribution and from there to those juicy Templar start damage nodes?
- the 3/3/6 cast Speed nodes for more damage?
- double curse? (probably a lot more damage but double cursing means work, and I have to dismantle CWDT to make room for another gem)

Also mulling about changing +1 to gems shoes to Empower-4, Reduced Mana, Discipline, Haste, so I get a 26-Discipline and 25-Haste.
Dear Maligaro,
I left my head in San Francisco, I lost my legs in Peru
My liver and kidney are on holiday in Sydney
And I am sending my Heart to you
--- Love, Malachai
Last edited by Flapdrol on Dec 11, 2014, 1:56:20 AM
Will Heralds work now with the totems now with the new update?
How much of a DPS increase is the Le Heup of All/Andvarius compared to Andvarius/Andvarius?
will the build be updated?
"
AlexUngur wrote:
Will Heralds work now with the totems now with the new update?

the add damage to spells modifier worked before the patch
"
Mistletoes wrote:
How much of a DPS increase is the Le Heup of All/Andvarius compared to Andvarius/Andvarius?

i wouldn't worry about the DPS, but about the elemental resistances
Hi Community

I am currently on level 44 and am looking for some help with regard to how I should go forward. I know i have taken the wrong route initially looking at this build. I did this so I could start using dual totems at level 31 after that I then started grabbing nice nodes in the templar area. I found this build and want to follow it because of building lowlife and also not needing much to farm.

I am not sure what path to take now to start correcting my tree.

I also am not sure when I can switch to Low life- IE redbeak for more dps. I know it is not anytime soon.

The tree is also broken in the OP.

I just dont want to get to level 65 to find out I cant go low life because I built it wrong. In the same breath I dont want to get to level 65 to find out I could have been low life since 60.

I would really appreciate if someone could offer some guidance in making a smoother transition for the next 5, 10 and 15 levels

I may have messed the build up enough that it might be better for me to just restart needing some help.

One other question I just thought of... What is the difference between grabbing 3x 10% spell dmg nodes and getting pain attunement?

Is it the same thing?

Thanks a mill for the help
Last edited by garthhey on Dec 15, 2014, 11:45:58 AM
Ok I am so keen to get some feedback but anxiety is making me re look at things

Here is my current idea for low life dual flame 1.3

I have gone heavily into the templar tree but it seems really good value.

I am debating whether I should remove some points (not sure where?) and head up to top of tree for heart of flame.

Also not sure if i should drop life and go for more ES nodes?? Thoughts?

So many choices would love to get feedback from flamers with experience.
"
garthhey wrote:
Ok I am so keen to get some feedback but anxiety is making me re look at things

Here is my current idea for low life dual flame 1.3

I have gone heavily into the templar tree but it seems really good value.

I am debating whether I should remove some points (not sure where?) and head up to top of tree for heart of flame.

Also not sure if i should drop life and go for more ES nodes?? Thoughts?

So many choices would love to get feedback from flamers with experience.

1) I'm a little bit confused here. You attempt to go Low Life, thus you don't need to worry about your health. Why are you picking up health nodes then?

2) If you want to get MF gear the only slot where you can get heavy ES is your shield. So for your overall ES you can only rely on your shield (maybe helmet) and dicipline. In order to have a strong dicipline aura you should really get Innfer Force and Influence.

3) Since you don't have Charisma you won't be able to run Purity of Elements

4) 3% Fire Penetration from Heart of Flame is a must have imho

5) You need way more ES. Unnatural Calm is vital if you ask me. For comparison: I'm running a lvl 17 dicipline aura, 130 ES helm, 360 ES shield and I've got alot more ES nodes and I have 3.4k ES.

Here is my build. I'll be increasing my ES the next ~5-7 lvl (currently lvl 70). Then I'll work on my damage. At the current state I can't really do 66er maps (heavily MF geared).
Last edited by zinsid on Dec 15, 2014, 6:59:42 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info