$$$ Grave Intentions Flame Totem MFarmer: I'm Cheap 'n' Easy $$$

"
mustafa2812 wrote:
"
Fri3dchick3m wrote:
"
mustafa2812 wrote:
Which would you prioritize for this build: Fire Penetration or Faster Casting? It might be hard to roll another blue socket on my Solaris Lorica but I'm starting to think it might be worth it.

It's actually not that hard to roll off-colours on that armour due to the low stat requirements.

Fair enough, but do you think it would be worth it? I'm seeing a lot of variation in this thread of FT support gems. My DPS is around 1700 with Fire Pen, not sure about Faster Casting but it would help with totem casting as well

If you are talking about fire-resistant mobs, then yes keep fire pen. But across the board, I think faster casting is a better choice. IF it's your 6th link, both are great options.

If you are at 1700dps per stream with Fire pen, that would feel more like 2000 dps with another gem - so play around with it using a Tabula Rasa in your HO to test gem combinations.
IGN: Grave_Intentions
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/979802
Last edited by Fri3dchick3m on Oct 9, 2014, 8:18:42 PM
"
Koltron wrote:
I am having problems with the dps numbers from your guide, i seem to be missing a big chunk of dps....currently my tool tip dps is about 2100. Here is my gear and build

From what I can see, is you took the 2 +mana nodes near the witch start, which would otherwise be allocated to dps nodes above Firewalker. Plus, Doryani's Catalyst will give you a decent bump scaled off those dps nodes.
"
respwnd wrote:
Through Deep Thoughts: 2 extra points, 26% more mana, 20% more regen, 10 less Int (if I did my math right). I think I hit everything. I realize now you can't path up into Unnatural Calm as the keystone does not connect from below. However, you could do this up through Cruel Preparation instead of deep thoughts if you wanted life and resistance instead.
Taking the strength route left out of Totemic Mastery equals the same number of points but saves you an additional point for not having to take the +30 Str node.

The only issue with this change would be the missing key passives at level 85, that you would otherwise have access to. I tried moving over to this (after many regrets) and I ended up with less dps nodes in the fire cluster.

For some, with mana issues, this might make a difference - but in the end the loss of dps nodes pre-level 90 would even out.

Post level 90, this would be a better tree. Great job.
Last edited by Fri3dchick3m on Oct 10, 2014, 12:29:12 AM
I think the original route through the int nodes more efficient. Why do you need to get strength? If anything I need dex to run Haste. Another tree idea to get faster projectiles and faster casting: http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMBAuMDHgelDH0NfA48D6sQWBB_EMwRUBRxFr8W8xcvGYoajxslHNwdFB1PHaofQSTYJjwnCyj6KhMqjSu2LJwspy0fLYMvby-dNbk22EGHQqNGcUkbSbJKxEuuUzVV1lfJWOVZ81orXGtcimTnZp5tGW-ecLtyqXvXf8aApIIQgseDCYO2hEiFbYdljEaPRo_6kFWTJ5UglwaboZu1oqOj8qcIpyunlKyYrKq0DLc-uJPAGsHFwfPDOsNtxKLGnsauykrR_dWB2RPZW9-K37DhiOkC6hjquuvu7BjsVfFs9q722vcy99f4k_jr-ej60vsJ

The totem nodes south of scion are somewhat tempting, and could be obtained instead of faster projectiles. The extra evasion only makes sense if you run Grace instead of Haste though, but it seems viable.

Other possibilities are Deep Thoughts, more ES, more spell damage, or increased aura effect.
Last edited by LightsEdge on Oct 10, 2014, 4:48:31 AM
"
LightsEdge wrote:
I think the original route through the int nodes more efficient. Why do you need to get strength?

You need enough Str to wear gear and to run maxed out red gems. In the OP's build there is a Str node (Physique), this just gets you to the same place for the same cost but negates taking the extra Str node. At no time will you be short on Int for anything in this build.
"
respwnd wrote:
"
LightsEdge wrote:
I think the original route through the int nodes more efficient. Why do you need to get strength?

You need enough Str to wear gear and to run maxed out red gems. In the OP's build there is a Str node (Physique), this just gets you to the same place for the same cost but negates taking the extra Str node. At no time will you be short on Int for anything in this build.

What red gems or gear exactly require so much strength? I believe you will already have well over 100 using the original tree. The tree going through Deep Thoughts "wastes" more points on +10 nodes and locks you into relatively weak 8% mana and 8-10% damage nodes.
"
LightsEdge wrote:
"
respwnd wrote:
"
LightsEdge wrote:

What red gems or gear exactly require so much strength? I believe you will already have well over 100 using the original tree. The tree going through Deep Thoughts "wastes" more points on +10 nodes and locks you into relatively weak 8% mana and 8-10% damage nodes.

Edit: I'm changing my reply because you are correct.

I hadn't added it all up. In the OP's 100 point build he ends up with 140 Str not including the +30 node, which I assume he took as a stopgap during progression. He could drop it if he wanted to. As is, the build only needs 110 Str. With no +Str gear at all, it's more than you'd need unless a new or different item is added with a requirement higher than 140.
Looking at it now, I would take the +Int route between the Shamanistic Fury circle and Sovereignty.

In doing so, the points over to Unnatural Calm and Heart of Flame are, as the OP and you have stated, are a better choice than through Deep Thoughts. It's only a savings if you take the Strength route.

tldr: the build is good
Last edited by respwnd on Oct 13, 2014, 3:32:17 PM
I'm really loving this build so I figured I would share my experience with it

Tree
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMADXwQWBDMEVAXLxmKGo8bJRzcHRQdTx2qKPoqEyqNK7YsnCynLR8tgy9vNbk22EGHRKtGcUkbS65VrlXWV8lZ81xrXIpk52aebRlvnnC7cql713_GgKSCEILHgwmESIdljEaPRo-mj_qTJ5UglwaboZu1oqOj8qcIpyunlKyYrKqvt7QMtz64k8AawcXB88MTwzrDbcSixq7KStH92RPZW9-K37DhiOkC6hjquuvu7BjsVfFs9tr3MvfX-JP46_no-tL7CQ==

Gear
Spoiler

I have 3554 ES, 79/79/80 resists, 70/1071 life, 72.4 mana/sec, and 1930.1 dps with fire penetration and a lvl 17 Flame Totem. I also have about 258 IIR/24 IIQ. At the moment I am trying to get all of my relevant 20Q gems so I can start leveling them up. Even with my MF numbers I see rares and uniques rain from the sky! I got my first triple unique drop the other day! I love how easy it is to farm with. Clear speed is good enough and will probably be better once I finish up this next totem cluster.

The only annoying part of this build is the lack of any way to heal your ES pool. Desecrated ground and monsters poison you on attack maps really suck because you have to keep finding a place to stand still so you can recover your ES. Other than that, if I'm careful I can do early 70s maps. I usually do lower maps though since it's safer. I also use this amulet
for Piety runs which helps tons

Thanks for the great build!
Domination IGN: The_Bloody_Fist and Aurora_Temptus
http://poexplorer.com/ - Forum Item Search
http://exilestats.com/ex/ - Approximate currency exchange rate.
http://www.poebuilder.com/ - Advanced skill tree builder.
"
mustafa2812 wrote:
I'm really loving this build so I figured I would share my experience with it

Tree
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMADXwQWBDMEVAXLxmKGo8bJRzcHRQdTx2qKPoqEyqNK7YsnCynLR8tgy9vNbk22EGHRKtGcUkbS65VrlXWV8lZ81xrXIpk52aebRlvnnC7cql713_GgKSCEILHgwmESIdljEaPRo-mj_qTJ5UglwaboZu1oqOj8qcIpyunlKyYrKqvt7QMtz64k8AawcXB88MTwzrDbcSixq7KStH92RPZW9-K37DhiOkC6hjquuvu7BjsVfFs9tr3MvfX-JP46_no-tL7CQ==

Gear
Spoiler

I have 3554 ES, 79/79/80 resists, 70/1071 life, 72.4 mana/sec, and 1930.1 dps with fire penetration and a lvl 17 Flame Totem. I also have about 258 IIR/24 IIQ. At the moment I am trying to get all of my relevant 20Q gems so I can start leveling them up. Even with my MF numbers I see rares and uniques rain from the sky! I got my first triple unique drop the other day! I love how easy it is to farm with. Clear speed is good enough and will probably be better once I finish up this next totem cluster.

The only annoying part of this build is the lack of any way to heal your ES pool. Desecrated ground and monsters poison you on attack maps really suck because you have to keep finding a place to stand still so you can recover your ES. Other than that, if I'm careful I can do early 70s maps. I usually do lower maps though since it's safer. I also use this amulet
for Piety runs which helps tons

u can heal with Vaal Discipline
"
mustafa2812 wrote:
I'm really loving this build so I figured I would share my experience with it...

...I have 3554 ES, 79/79/80 resists, 70/1071 life, 72.4 mana/sec, and 1930.1 dps with fire penetration and a lvl 17 Flame Totem. I also have about 258 IIR/24 IIQ. At the moment I am trying to get all of my relevant 20Q gems so I can start leveling them up. Even with my MF numbers I see rares and uniques rain from the sky! I got my first triple unique drop the other day! I love how easy it is to farm with. Clear speed is good enough and will probably be better once I finish up this next totem cluster.

I appreciate the feedback, and the update. I get a few double unique drops, but never a triple! grats :D

Degen sucks for many ES chars unfortunately, but Vaal Discipline to the rescue! I've pretty much converted over to a quantity spec now (for currency and map drops) since I have been able to equip my ranger with BiS gear including a mirrored Glyph Mark Harbinger bow.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info