$$$ Grave Intentions Flame Totem MFarmer: I'm Cheap 'n' Easy $$$

"
Fri3dchick3m wrote:
"
mustafa2812 wrote:
Which would you prioritize for this build: Fire Penetration or Faster Casting? It might be hard to roll another blue socket on my Solaris Lorica but I'm starting to think it might be worth it.

It's actually not that hard to roll off-colours on that armour due to the low stat requirements.

Fair enough, but do you think it would be worth it? I'm seeing a lot of variation in this thread of FT support gems. My DPS is around 1700 with Fire Pen, not sure about Faster Casting but it would help with totem casting as well
Domination IGN: The_Bloody_Fist and Aurora_Temptus
http://poexplorer.com/ - Forum Item Search
http://exilestats.com/ex/ - Approximate currency exchange rate.
http://www.poebuilder.com/ - Advanced skill tree builder.
I agree but the tree has the minimum way to stack es+resists for me and totem life/duration/resists, its enough to farm on lunaris 3 and 66 maps easily(testing 69/70 today) solo, i have some difficult to cull with divination flask because is too much damage, lol. Redbeak have the same tooltip of my wand so i decide for the wand. Its possible to get more damage @graveintentions posted a double le heup instead double andvarius (so you dont need nullification, void barrier and sentinel), go for the upper witch side and grab heart of flame.

Ive spend 2 points for nothing (+40 life from oak and power charge from alira) as soon as i can respec this quests i can go for elemental dominion + fire walker notables(tons of damage and the fire resist remaining) and switch phoenix for rathpith (rathpith gives 500 more dps on tooltip) OR ballistic mastery + coordination + sniper for projectile speed.
Spoiler
https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgMA37CCEI-mRKtVriycEFiHZQ==

Try my build, much better for support.

Here

No dps, but way more tanky, more aura and more effective in group.

His build is good for solo and fear physical, mine don't and is good for group players.
I gad more MF and more cull/second

BTW I came here to say that because this guy raged on my post.

As you say

"
Good luck anyone who follows this.

Keep your build and your "intentions" to the grave plz
Last edited by Kikoyou on Oct 6, 2014, 12:40:58 PM
Had a great time running this build.
Thank u author for the idea.

WTS full set for it: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1080788
First off, thank you for this build and all the time and attention you are giving it and those, like myself, who have questions.

I'm only Lv34 with it but I have all the needed components (except appropriate qual. gems, but I'll get them in time). I had tried a shockwave totem MF build but the DPS were just not there, so I thought I would try this out and it's already outperforming SWT.

With that said, I had a couple of questions/comments about the skill tree choices. I'm just theory crafting with you, not making judgments.

1. You head up to Unnatural Calm and Heart of Flame from the Shamanistic Fury circle. Would it not be better to go there from the Elemental Damage node above Firewalker? You could get to Unnatural Calm in less points and pick up an additional 6% ES. Or you could go up through Cruel Preparation for more life and resists or Deep Thoughts for more mana, mana regen and Int for less points than the current path.
Of these paths, which do you think is better in the long run for the build?

2. This ties in with question 1, if you go to Ancestral Bond via the lower route to the left of the Totemic Mastery cluster, you'd pick up Str the whole way (instead of Int from the top current route) and not need to pick up a Str specific node (Physique). Worth it?

Thanks again for your time and effort.
"
respwnd wrote:
First off, thank you for this build and all the time and attention you are giving it and those, like myself, who have questions.

I'm only Lv34 with it but I have all the needed components (except appropriate qual. gems, but I'll get them in time). I had tried a shockwave totem MF build but the DPS were just not there, so I thought I would try this out and it's already outperforming SWT.

With that said, I had a couple of questions/comments about the skill tree choices. I'm just theory crafting with you, not making judgments.

1. You head up to Unnatural Calm and Heart of Flame from the Shamanistic Fury circle. Would it not be better to go there from the Elemental Damage node above Firewalker? You could get to Unnatural Calm in less points and pick up an additional 6% ES. Or you could go up through Cruel Preparation for more life and resists or Deep Thoughts for more mana, mana regen and Int for less points than the current path.

2. This ties in with question 1, if you go to Ancestral Bond via the lower route to the left of the Totemic Mastery cluster, you'd pick up Str the whole way (instead of Int from the top current route) and not need to pick up a Str specific node (Physique). Worth it?

You are welcome. please post your proposed tree. not sure how you get all the essential nodes by taking the elemental node pathing.
IGN: Grave_Intentions
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/979802
Thanks for the build. A few questions and comments:

How important do you consider Ironwood and Champion of the Cause? Does not getting the latter prevent me from using an aura? What nodes would you get if not going south after Ancestral Bond? I'm looking at Essence Surge for quicker ES recharge. Or maybe dual curses, if I can't corrupt something to get it. Or the other projectile speed node near Shadow's starting area?

Also, when are you able to chain-cast FT? My mana still doesn't regenerate fast enough for me to cast them continuously - I do use GMP which has higher mana cost than LMP, but currently still on 5L (add faster casting when 6L). I'm asking because I currently don't run as many auras as I could in order to make sure I have mana when I need it.

Any ideas on improving defense a bit? When I cull in a party, I find that waiting for ES recharge makes it harder to keep up while clearing, and to get close enough when culling bosses. Same when doing bosses solo in small rooms, e.g. maps Brutus and Merveil. I mentioned Essence Surge before. Or maybe Zealot's Oath, but we don't have much life regen anyway. Probably the best solution I've found so far is a Vaal Discipline.

For people looking to squeeze in some gems, like AA or Portal, the faster casting on lightning warp and any unused auras can be replaced - it doesn't seem like all 7 auras are always running. CWDT can also be used if you limit yourself to 5 auras (and a single Andvarius), or give up the trap. Herald of Ice seems to be an interesting option, as mentioned before, though I haven't tested how much it boosts dps.

I prefer getting the cast speed nodes first instead of the spell damage nodes in the Witch starting area.

A rare shield seems better than Rathpith unless you have Shav's. I get about 500 more ES using a 380 ES shield.
Last edited by LightsEdge on Oct 8, 2014, 6:59:32 AM
"
Fri3dchick3m wrote:
"
respwnd wrote:

You are welcome. please post your proposed tree. not sure how you get all the essential nodes by taking the elemental node pathing.

Through Deep Thoughts: 2 extra points, 26% more mana, 20% more regen, 10 less Int (if I did my math right). I think I hit everything. I realize now you can't path up into Unnatural Calm as the keystone does not connect from below. However, you could do this up through Cruel Preparation instead of deep thoughts if you wanted life and resistance instead.
Taking the strength route left out of Totemic Mastery equals the same number of points but saves you an additional point for not having to take the +30 Str node.

EDIT: Looks like I missed a point in the Shamanistic Fury circle. So only a 1 point savings.

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMBAuMEBwelDH0NfA48EFgQfxDMEVAUcRcvGYoajxslHNwdTx2qHwInCyftKPoqEyqNK7YsnCynLR8tgy9vMjQ1uTbYPC1Bh0KjRKtGcUkbSbJKxEuuVa5V1lfJWOVZ81orXGtcil8qZOdmnm0Zb55wu3KpdFV713_GgKSCEILHgwmDtoRIh2WMRo-mj_qQVZMnlSCXBpu1oqOj8qcrp5SsmKyqr7e0DLc-uJPAGsHFwfPDOsNtxKLE9saexq7KStH92RPZW9-K37DhiOkC6hjquuvk6-7sGOxV8Wz2rvba9zL31_iT-Ov56PrS-wk=
Last edited by respwnd on Oct 9, 2014, 10:56:25 AM
I am having problems with the dps numbers from your guide, i seem to be missing a big chunk of dps....currently my tool tip dps is about 2100. Here is my gear and build

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMBDH0NfBBYEH8QzBFQFy8ZihqPGyUc3B0UHU8dqij6KhMqjSu2LJwspy0fLYMvbzW5NthBh0SrRnFJG0uuVa5V1lfJWfNaK1xrXIpk52aebRlvnnC7e9d_xoCkghCCx4MJhEiHZYxGj0aPpo_6kFWTJ5UglwaboZu1oqOj8qcIpyunlKyYtAy3PriTvYLAGsHFwfPDOsNtxKLGnsauykrR_dkT2Vva3d-K37DhiOkC6rrr7uwY7FXxbPba99f4k_no-tL7Cf6z
"
ykypok25 wrote:
Had a great time running this build.
Thank u author for the idea.

WTS full set for it: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1080788

Haha, glad you liked it. Feel free to pimp your thread, but at least cross link in turn :P
IGN: Grave_Intentions
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/979802

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info