$$$ Grave Intentions Flame Totem MFarmer: I'm Cheap 'n' Easy $$$

"
PaganDK wrote:
Is there a reason for not using bloodmagic and mortal conviction? I mean since it's low life any way and that you can quite easily get all purities, grace, herald of ice, vitality, haste, discipline running on life (with mortal conviction). Only issue is getting enough liferegen to be able to cast totems, and that might be possible with a little investment in life nodes? Or am I way off?

I think you answered your own question! There isn't any life regen in this build so being full blood magic wouldn't be able to sustain the totems. There ARE full blood magic fire totem builds out there though.
I wouldnt run any BM.

This build is doing so well. its ramping up more i go. Farming masters now =\
I've decided to ditch the wheel of the stormsail and only use it against bosses. Running around with only 2.2k ES is a pain in the ass. With my new shield I got roughly 3.3k, much better (don't mind the gems, I still need to get the colours right).

Spoiler
Last edited by delirium02 on Aug 28, 2014, 2:35:46 PM
"
PaganDK wrote:
Is there a reason for not using bloodmagic and mortal conviction? I mean since it's low life any way and that you can quite easily get all purities, grace, herald of ice, vitality, haste, discipline running on life (with mortal conviction). Only issue is getting enough life regen to be able to cast totems, and that might be possible with a little investment in life nodes? Or am I way off?

I get this question a lot and it's good you brought it up here on the forum.

It kind of goes without saying; Blood Magic & Mortal Conviction = Path of Life Nodes. (And we'd also be having this discussion in the Mara forums) :D

I realize that if you devoted yourself to becoming an "Aura-bot" you could run 9-11 auras, so why not run a couple less and use that for casting off life?

While that %LESS% passive is really attractive, it changes the way we have to approach low life. Once you factor your Flame Totem, and up to 5 support gem mana multipliers, you would need to have a remaining pool of life large enough to sustain Chain Casting your totems for 150 mana/hp per totem (Over 2 summons per second by the maturity of the build - so 350hp/s.), And, you would also need to have enough life overall to support very few %hp regen sources. There is a reason why a level 20 Clarity gem + many, many +Int nodes are needed with this build.

"
For Reference:

L20 Flame Totem - 64 Mana
Faster Casting - 120%
Faster Projectiles - 110%
LMP - 140% or GMP - 165%
Fire Penetration 140%

You would be on less then Low-life - you'd be dead. Any type of reduce/no regen map mod would mean instant death, which is why most of these Blood Magic Maras are doing Dominus runs, and not high level maps without burning through a lot of currency to get the right mods.

You would think it would be just as easy to stack HP nodes, but the new tree health nodes are as difficult to attain as the reservation reduction nodes (in keeping with our pathing to Totem nodes.) I don't want to prescribe to you that you need to reach level 90 for this build to "work", otherwise where would I take those "extra" passive points from to chase hp and hp regen nodes?

The second issue is that GGG fed us cake, while taking away the supper when they dropped the value of the +%hp per node. Yes, the starting base hp is 30% higher, but we all know, that attaining all those +HP% nodes is what really benefited stacking a flat hp base.

So, in summary, as "Thatguy14" so eloquently put, there are other builds if you want to try Blood Magic Dominus farming. :)
IGN: Grave_Intentions
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/979802
"
delirium02 wrote:
I've decided to ditch the wheel of the stormsail and only use it against bosses. Running around with only 2.2k ES is a pain in the ass. With my new shield I got roughly 3.3k, much better (don't mind the gems, I still need to get the colours right).

Spoiler

Smart move. I would say that by the time you reach 73-74 maps, 3200ES is is the sweet spot for a Solaris Lorica flavour.

Maintain that, and with an upgrade to your helm, you can sport the storm sail 100% (swapping on hard maps with leapers, devourers, etc.)

I'm doing 68-69 maps with 1700ES (level 74) and negative cold/light/chaos resists. It's not safe, but incredibly fun to man-mode it, and I'm finding new ways to survive tough situations and bosses.
Last edited by Fri3dchick3m on Aug 28, 2014, 3:09:15 PM
"
CrYFu12 wrote:

Let me know if you would like me to update the multimedia section with your videos :)
"
Fri3dchick3m wrote:
"
CrYFu12 wrote:

Let me know if you would like me to update the multimedia section with your videos :)

Sure, you can do whatever you want with them!
I already see Mouku's embrace ruby ring more often here. How does it work exactly? I mean this 25% chance to be ignited? When is thi schance rolled? every attack? Every second? Do i get ignited by this ring when my flame totems shooting stuff? Isnt this horrible for ES regen. Because we get constantly dmg and would recharge our ES less often ??
Or is all this ignite stuff not working here and you guys use it for the extra%Fire dmg?
"
BombaFat wrote:
I already see Mouku's embrace ruby ring more often here. How does it work exactly? I mean this 25% chance to be ignited? When is thi schance rolled? every attack? Every second? Do i get ignited by this ring when my flame totems shooting stuff? Isnt this horrible for ES regen. Because we get constantly dmg and would recharge our ES less often ??
Or is all this ignite stuff not working here and you guys use it for the extra%Fire dmg?

So many questions lol..

I did a write-up on this ring in the game discussion forum. Feel free to add to the discussion there.

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1023973

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info