$$$ Grave Intentions Flame Totem MFarmer: I'm Cheap 'n' Easy $$$

What are your opinion on this for flame totem?
"
What are your opinion on this for flame totem?

Very nice.

By adding a faster casting (30%) to my 4 link Flame totem setup brings the dps up from 3650 to 4359. You are looking at about 600dps from that mod alone.

Add in the chaos damage, and it would add 10.5 casts per sec x 72 Chaos. Total estimate is 1350 increase. But your looking at 130 mana per cast (from 93).

Right now, I am at 92.3 mana regen in my current build. If I were to equip that, I would only be able to cast my totem every 2 seconds. It would be a great weapon for Flame Totem if you had a larger mana pool / mana regen.

Very nice weapon. I would still take a Doryani's for various reasons, including the leeching, but that is probably the 2nd best option out there. I'd love to get my hands on one to compare the numbers.

If we are talking Low-life, a single Redbeak adds 700 dps on its own. So that would be an upgrade for sure if you could manage the mana requirements. I'd probably need to equip one of these to maintain chain casting to some degree:

IGN: Grave_Intentions
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/979802
So almost got my flame totem 20Q.

What other gems are worth investing for quality?

Does the faster cast speed from Faster Projectiles or LMP affect the totems?

I did some gear upgrades and got my ES over 4k, with Shavronne I think it'll be way over 5-6k.

Spoiler

I have a question for that cast speed wand, the increased mana cost doesn't applies to auras, right?

Also, why not auresize as gloves?
Last edited by CrYFu12 on Aug 30, 2014, 11:51:14 AM
"
CrYFu12 wrote:
I did some gear upgrades and got my ES over 4k, with Shavronne I think it'll be way over 5-6k.

Spoiler

I have a question for that cast speed wand, the increased mana cost doesn't applies to auras, right?

Also, why not auresize as gloves?

That shield is incredible. Shame for the other 4 garbage stats.

For your endgame build, you want to target about 5k ES. But even at 4200, I have no problems eating a few hits before I recast totems/move/take evasive maneuvers.

You could try a 4-Link cold snap setup: Cold Snap + Trap + Added Cold Damage (Quality) + Proliferate

I don't think I have ever killed anything with my cold snap, and since we don't stack crit, we'd have to throw about 50 traps to crit shock with your added lightning support. If you are low on overall DPS, stick with the Firetrap combo (with rarity, inc Burning, chance to ignite.)

If you notice in my 2 equipment variants on the first post (Stats and Itemization section) I list the Sadima's Touch for the "cheap" Solaris Lorica version, while the Shavs has the Aurseize.

The #1 reason is the little extra ES on the Sadima's is to make up for no ES value on the Solaris Lorica, and quantity value is great for building your map pool and low value currencies. This is pretty important if you are just starting out and haven't built up your fortune yet. Early on, you will need stacks of wisdom scrolls to ID the piles of rares you get farming.

Once you have switched to the Shavronne's version, you can drop the Sadima's for Aurseize. Aurseize are really good for resist and the 50 rarity. I don't like the movement penalty, but otherwise, a solid choice. whe you get to mid/high maps where you want the high/map gated uniques to drop (Andvarius is iLvl 71 I believe)

It's all really a matter of preference really. Some believe there is a diminishing returns on really high rarity (not my belief), and some feel that 1 point of Quantity = 4 points of Rarity. For me, a set of 23/24 quantity Sadima's is much better than the 50R Aurseize (in part due to overcapped resists by 20%.

Anyway, if you are having to make those kinds of decisions, I'd say you were a very successful MFarmer and can start working on your next character :D

Last edited by Fri3dchick3m on Aug 30, 2014, 1:48:10 PM
can you give me some tips? i am lvl 54 with 844 hp and 490 ES. i die soo fast. i almost have all my resists maxed and im wearing a 4linked lorica.
What would be the best way to increase ES? Grab more of the ES wheel? Or grab the Armor/ES wheel?

Also how do you keep resists capped? Still only around 40-50 resists in merc with all auras up
>>>
IGN - TrolldAllDay

Scammers - @IamSuchAFatty - scammed 1 onslaught exalt for 2 hardcore
<<<
"
twapper wrote:
What would be the best way to increase ES? Grab more of the ES wheel? Or grab the Armor/ES wheel?

Also how do you keep resists capped? Still only around 40-50 resists in merc with all auras up

Pretty easy to get more ES. By about level 50-60, you should grab the ES passive wheel. But really, if you are sitting around 1700-2k ES, you can farm docks.

My resists all come from my auras. My andvarius ring is -20 all, and my LeHeup balances that with +20 all. Gem levelling in all areas is so important, so don't worry if they are low now. In the early pre70 levels, use the helm and shield slots for any missing ES and resists.
"
eminem wrote:
can you give me some tips? i am lvl 54 with 844 hp and 490 ES. i die soo fast. i almost have all my resists maxed and im wearing a 4linked lorica.

You really aren't geared to go low life and need the solaris armour just yet. Stack fire resist, and any equipment with ES and some dex/str. Farm crematorium till you are comfortably ripping that area safely. Then do your sewer quests and docks, where you will level really fast, and find some upgrades.

If you aren't low life, don't use a Redbeak. Find a dagger/wand/sceptre that has lots of spell%, Fire%, Cast Speed and some mana regen.

Remember, that you should never be standing still, and you should never be near the fights. Leave that for the totems.

I always recommend content that your ES/DPS will allow you to grind safely. Don't worry, as your gems level, your gear improves, you will see a steady increase in power and MF ability.
hi i playing low life crit flame totem
and i dont know if it would be better to go non crit

can you check tree?

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAABUIIZwx9DXwOSA_EEFgQfxEvEVARlhcvGDwZihqPGyUc3B0UHU8dqiSLJ-0o-ioTKwosnCynLR8vbzW5O3w9D0GWRKtGcUyzVa5V1lfJWfNaK1yKXfJknWTnZp5tGW-ecFJwu3DVdwd71331fll_xoCkghCCx4MJhxOHZYnTj0aPpo_6kyeTOpUgm7WcpKKjo_KnCKcrp5Ssqq6ztAy297iTuMq9J8AawcXB88M6xPbGnspK0PXR_dkT2Vva3d-w4Yjquuvu6_XsGPId9tr3wfno-tL7CQ==

gear

what would you reccommend?

Edit: have 5k DPS gmp with add light, and about 5,1-5,2k with add Chaos
IGN: Crix_st
LL Blade Vortex
Last edited by Shada on Aug 31, 2014, 3:51:59 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info