$$$ Grave Intentions Flame Totem MFarmer: I'm Cheap 'n' Easy $$$

"
Fri3dchick3m wrote:
"
twapper wrote:
What would be the best way to increase ES? Grab more of the ES wheel? Or grab the Armor/ES wheel?

Also how do you keep resists capped? Still only around 40-50 resists in merc with all auras up

Pretty easy to get more ES. By about level 50-60, you should grab the ES passive wheel. But really, if you are sitting around 1700-2k ES, you can farm docks.

My resists all come from my auras. My andvarius ring is -20 all, and my LeHeup balances that with +20 all. Gem levelling in all areas is so important, so don't worry if they are low now. In the early pre70 levels, use the helm and shield slots for any missing ES and resists.

Yeah I'm strictly speaking about end game.

Currrently sitting at 4.2k es but feels pretty clunky with no passive regen and armor :S
>>>
IGN - TrolldAllDay

Scammers - @IamSuchAFatty - scammed 1 onslaught exalt for 2 hardcore
<<<
"
Shada wrote:
hi i playing low life crit flame totem
and i dont know if it would be better to go non crit

can you check tree?

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAABUIIZwx9DXwOSA_EEFgQfxEvEVARlhcvGDwZihqPGyUc3B0UHU8dqiSLJ-0o-ioTKwosnCynLR8vbzW5O3w9D0GWRKtGcUyzVa5V1lfJWfNaK1yKXfJknWTnZp5tGW-ecFJwu3DVdwd71331fll_xoCkghCCx4MJhxOHZYnTj0aPpo_6kyeTOpUgm7WcpKKjo_KnCKcrp5Ssqq6ztAy297iTuMq9J8AawcXB88M6xPbGnspK0PXR_dkT2Vva3d-w4Yjquuvu6_XsGPId9tr3wfno-tL7CQ==

gear

Spoiler

what would you reccommend?

Edit: have 5k DPS gmp with add light, and about 5,1-5,2k with add Chaos

In a non-crit scenario, Faster Castings adds more DPS then Added Lightning (tested with my belt and QAdded Liight). I would try that and see if your clear speed changed at all. You are also missing Ironwood and Totemic Mastery clusers. Their value is not in their damage - but damage mitigation. With these 2 passive nodes, your totems can facetank (Double Shotgun) any boss or rare. Without them, you need to recast/reposition losing valuable dps and time.

To anyone thinking of a build incorporating Zealot's Oath and Vitality in their build, please look at his mirrored crown - which lets him drop Purity of Elements (or the three Purity F/I/L). Another slot gone for MF, unless you have piles of Eternal/Exalted orbs stacked up.

I think that, since we are "Low-life", the Unnatural Calm node is mandatory. Your % Regen is based off total ES, so by not taking this cluster, you lose about half your regen. As the premise of the build stated in the Introduction, I mentioned the sacrifices this build would have to make, in order to spec crit.

In terms of overall dps, the end result will be the same. But non-crit will give you more survival as you replace those nodes with ES and more Spell damage/cast speed.

Unfortunately, your starting area is missing those +mana max/mana regen nodes and +12% max ES node found at the witch start. But I assuming you got a free respec on your Scion, and I am glad you are trying this out. You should definitely go for the "Ballistic Mastery" and then you can recover one or two of those +30Dex nodes.

How much ES /sec do you regen at this point? And are you able to chain cast totems non-stop?
IGN: Grave_Intentions
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/979802
Last edited by Fri3dchick3m on Sep 1, 2014, 2:28:20 PM
Uploaded a new video of some totem placement basics. No commentary, just a simple run on L75 Plateau map. Added the video link to the multimedia section in the OP.

Level 85 Low Life Dual Totem MFarming.
"
Fri3dchick3m wrote:
"
Shada wrote:
hi i playing low life crit flame totem
and i dont know if it would be better to go non crit

can you check tree?

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAABUIIZwx9DXwOSA_EEFgQfxEvEVARlhcvGDwZihqPGyUc3B0UHU8dqiSLJ-0o-ioTKwosnCynLR8vbzW5O3w9D0GWRKtGcUyzVa5V1lfJWfNaK1yKXfJknWTnZp5tGW-ecFJwu3DVdwd71331fll_xoCkghCCx4MJhxOHZYnTj0aPpo_6kyeTOpUgm7WcpKKjo_KnCKcrp5Ssqq6ztAy297iTuMq9J8AawcXB88M6xPbGnspK0PXR_dkT2Vva3d-w4Yjquuvu6_XsGPId9tr3wfno-tL7CQ==

gear

Spoiler

what would you reccommend?

Edit: have 5k DPS gmp with add light, and about 5,1-5,2k with add Chaos

In a non-crit scenario, Faster Castings adds more DPS then Added Lightning (tested with my belt and QAdded Liight). I would try that and see if your clear speed changed at all. You are also missing Ironwood and Totemic Mastery clusers. Their value is not in their damage - but damage mitigation. With these 2 passive nodes, your totems can facetank (Double Shotgun) any boss or rare. Without them, you need to recast/reposition losing valuable dps and time.

To anyone thinking of a build incorporating Zealot's Oath and Vitality in their build, please look at his mirrored crown - which lets him drop Purity of Elements (or the three Purity F/I/L). Another slot gone for MF, unless you have piles of Eternal/Exalted orbs stacked up.

I think that, since we are "Low-life", the Unnatural Calm node is mandatory. Your % Regen is based off total ES, so by not taking this cluster, you lose about half your regen. As the premise of the build stated in the Introduction, I mentioned the sacrifices this build would have to make, in order to spec crit.

In terms of overall dps, the end result will be the same. But non-crit will give you more survival as you replace those nodes with ES and more Spell damage/cast speed.

Unfortunately, your starting area is missing those +mana max/mana regen nodes and +12% max ES node found at the witch start. But I assuming you got a free respec on your Scion, and I am glad you are trying this out. You should definitely go for the "Ballistic Mastery" and then you can recover one or two of those +30Dex nodes.

How much ES /sec do you regen at this point? And are you able to chain cast totems non-stop?

wow that was much input ty :)

just to quick answer the last questions

i have 5098 ES with 191,9 ES Reg and 160,3 Mana reg thats why im able to chain cast totems
non stop

edit: tried another tree, respecced out of 21 crit nodes and went for totem nodes + fire nodes
and lost about 1k dps and 400 es :(
when i spec out of ZO i would gain 300-400dps but still have about 600 dps less and get about 200-300 ES but i will lose my ES regen and since i use Vitality im so much faster in clearing

Running in mob groups placing totems, run, place totems, no need to play that safe
any longer hihi :D
IGN: Crix_st
LL Blade Vortex
Last edited by Shada on Sep 1, 2014, 3:52:22 PM
The drop in DPS might also have to do with your gems. For example, without purity of elements, I could run Haste (which gives me 500dps in my tree).

Every time I tried to re-work your tree for non-crit, I kept ending up with mine, or in the case of ZO, sacrificing the Totemic Mastery cluster.

Almost 200 ES regen is quite respectable, but it would only help us with any environmental degen effects. In the heat of battle when you suddenly drop 2k es from a storm lighting or flameblast, I rely heavily on my ES recharge timer reduction. run around/away for 3 secs and I am back to full. It kinda matches my "Hide-n-Seek" playing strategy though.

But some might feel more comfortable seeing their ES slowly recharge, and that is great too.
Last edited by Fri3dchick3m on Sep 1, 2014, 4:02:34 PM
Hi, I started using your build but I'm having some issues with totem health, my mana pool, ES, and survivability in general.

I'm currently lvl 56 and I'm having a hard time keeping my flame totems alive and I'm always on the verge of death in boss fights. I died to the Weaver in Merciless and I have 1800 ES. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.
I'm getting frustrated by the lack of good drops. In the last 5-6 days I haven't found anything that's worth more than a few chaos. Not even low uniques want to drop. I'm switching now to Aurseize to see how this works out.
"
delirium02 wrote:
I'm getting frustrated by the lack of good drops. In the last 5-6 days I haven't found anything that's worth more than a few chaos. Not even low uniques want to drop. I'm switching now to Aurseize to see how this works out.

How much MF do you have and how fast are you clearing the content.
I'm having a pretty rough time with this build at the moment. Lv64 and trying to farm Piety. Piety herself is pretty easy if I'm careful, it's getting to her that's the problem. If I turn the corner into a ranged pack in Lunaris 3, I'm pretty much insta-gibbed. Only working with a 4L Lorica right now, trying to get a 5L and just haven't been lucky with it so far.

Is this normal? With my current gear I'm at around 2900 ES. Tentacles Miscreations usually gib my totems before they even get a shot off, and drop me damn near instantly in big packs.

This is my gear:
Spoiler

Last edited by dbush2765 on Sep 2, 2014, 2:23:57 PM
I hadsimilar problems, so I over leveled, now no issues. Matching level / over leveling helps a ton. imo
\(o_o)/ *** Path of Exile *** \(o_o)/

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info