$$$ Grave Intentions Flame Totem MFarmer: I'm Cheap 'n' Easy $$$

For those having trouble.
This is the current NON-MF leveling setup I am using. Resists are over-capped. Totems have 3k+ dps each.

With this setup I have no issues (unless I personally make a mistake) Just take things "slower" if you are having trouble OR as Fried has said "play hide and seek". The build is solid, you can change quite a few things in it to tailor it to your playstyle.

I have successfully done the majority of 66 - 72 map bosses with this gear.

Hope this helps someone.
\(o_o)/ *** Path of Exile *** \(o_o)/
Without the currency to buy a Shavs and not wanting to gimp my ES with a Lorica I've decided to go CI for a bit. It's only 4pts to get that and the ES nodes behind it (skipped Pain Attunement, for now), I lost about 1300 health but gained about 800 ES so overall a 500pt effective HP loss but I am immune to Chaos which is nice (having been -47% previously). Total ES is 5.4k at the moment.

I also picked up a 5L Infernal Mantle for just under 2ex, and am running FT, Fire Pen, LMP, Faster Casting and Rarity. This gives me more fire damage and +1 to the FT and Fire Pen gems. Tooltip DPS says ~2200 but it doesn't take into account Fire Pen, I can definitely feel the difference when mapping, I breeze through packs and bosses in half the time. In addition faster kills means my survivability is up.

The only weakness is that with 4 auras up (Clarity, Herald of Ice, Discipline, Purity of Elements) I am on low mana, so the Infernal Mantle means I take double spell damage. I have tightened up my resists so that I am still capped at 75% even on merciless, and generally haven't found this to be an issue.

Long term I want to go the Shav's route and stack some more auras (Haste + something else through Blood Magic) but short term I feel this is a very useful little detour for anyone to take until they are rolling in currency.

you can have easily over 4k ES with Solaris Lorica
but with CI you lose auras and you lose low-life - so you can't use PA and cheap stuff like Redbeak and Wondertrap

can you post your gear? i'm interested what weapon you use and how much iir you can achieve
"
BeRse wrote:
you can have easily over 4k ES with Solaris Lorica
but with CI you lose auras and you lose low-life - so you can't use PA and cheap stuff like Redbeak and Wondertrap

can you post your gear? i'm interested what weapon you use and how much iir you can achieve

Just some generic wand with high Spell Power and Fire Damage increases. I have yet to begin stacking IIR/IIQ, now that I am making good progress clearing maps I will begin saving up for gear (or hopefully finding some).

I might have 4k ES with Solaris Lorica but then I need really good ES on other items, and that is expensive. This way I have 5.4k ES and I am chaos immune. What I sacrifice is the 1-2 extra auras and the 30% Pain Attunement damage jump, but the Infernal Mantle's +1 to fire gems and 30% fire damage bonus compensates for PA at least.

As I said this is temporary for now until either I have much better ES in other slots or until I can afford a Shav's.

EDIT: Current gear:

Spoiler

Last edited by ithiris on Sep 4, 2014, 2:08:35 PM
Today I have found this:

Rest of my gear is on 17 page, last post.
Now i have a little bit over 4k ES. I have tried to solo Jungle Valley map 72lvl, it is impossible to kill this boss with this build.
Sometimes this build is frustrating me so much that I want to uninstall this game...
Last edited by ugiugi on Sep 4, 2014, 3:30:57 PM
"
ugiugi wrote:
Today I have found this:

Rest of my gear is on 17 page, last post.
Now i have a little bit over 4k ES. I have tried to solo Jungle Valley map 72lvl, it is impossible to kill this boss with this build.
Sometimes this build is frustrating me so much that I want to uninstall this game...

I've mentioned it a couple times, spider bosses do not play well with this build. If you really insist on doing this one, run them just after you level and careful the map mods.

I just vendor three of them into the next level map.

Just so you know - like many builds out there, there are damage and survivability plateaus. You can either spend the $$ on upgrades, grind out lower level maps or join a group. I get frustrated too, but I have to change things up again and not be so committed to pure MF or pure DPS sometimes.

Don't give up. If you are on Standard and I have time, we'll grind a few maps. I'm doing Lvl 72 Waste Pool maps in full DPS mode (6300 tooltip) just to get past level 85.

All it takes is a couple good drops to remind you while you play a Dual Totem MFer :D

IGN: Grave_Intentions
$$$ Grave Intentions Flame Totem MFarmer: I'm Cheap 'n' Easy $$$
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/979802
Last edited by Fri3dchick3m on Sep 5, 2014, 3:40:59 AM
A quick question, why the faster proj as the 3rd link? Wouldn't running Fire Penetration or even faster casting be much better and give more dps on the totems?
Projectile speed gives range i believe.

I just got ballistic mastery node... damage, range, and dex. So many quality of life changes with that node

just hit 60 and running one totem with fireball still. Got a firetrap ready to go soon though
Last edited by qitip on Sep 6, 2014, 12:45:26 PM
I have quite a bit of currency currently on Rampage. Better to buy a high rolled Aurseize or use Sadimas? Should I be grabbing a high ES/Spell damage shield or Stormsail?
IGN: Depressed_Wegee
Please feel free to message me if I get outbid.
btw. just corrupted a 2nd flame totem 21/20

if anyone has interest in buying, just pm or ign me
IGN: Crix_st
LL Blade Vortex

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info