This is....AWESOME (#1 RIP 1MHC VOD)

"
I've never heard of builds having to worry about "to hit"

Have you been away from the game for long or something? Pretty much every crit build worries about that.

There is a reason top mirrored items aim for accuracy and use it on 4 different pieces of gear.
"
Wubbietail wrote:
"
I've never heard of builds having to worry about "to hit"

Have you been away from the game for long or something? Pretty much every crit build worries about that.

There is a reason top mirrored items aim for accuracy and use it on 4 different pieces of gear.

This can vary slightly between builds (especially crit which has gotten very popular recently)

In the end game some people don't want to waste skill points to help their accuracy. If you can get it on gear, when other mods are less useful, you can maximize your build.

I was talking about the mechanic as a whole, not a max/min builder with a crit build using mirrored gear.
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
Go for some more Desyncyard :) Loving to watch shit like this *gg*
"
DarthSki44 wrote:
"
Xantaria wrote:
Rekt for not paying attention.

What a load of shit.

The guy who died was not some clueless noob, and knows exactly what happened. Anyone of us that has played past Brutus 20 minutes into the game knows what desync is. A few thoughts...

1. The Netcode is shitty - Piss poor at best. They know it, we know it.

2. Accuracy is the most overrated stat/game mechanic ever. GGG wants to keep this mechanic, but it has no damn upside! I've never heard of builds having to worry about "to hit" and there is even a fucking keystone that totally eliminates the entire mechanic. Just toss it out for the love of God!

3. Collisions happen all the time that cause problems. Whether it be player or monsters bumping in rocks or doorways or each other, its a goddamn nightmare. Please expand the doorways in tight maps. You shouldn't brush up against a tree, then know you gonna get fucked. I've literally hit a rock or doorway and said "shit!" and had to flicker out of desync before I died. This is BULLSHIT. (if you didn't know, flicker can get you out of a cyclone desync, which is hilarious because flicker is a horrible desync skill too!)

4. Skills that are worse than others really piss me off. Why in the fuck would you design a skill like cyclone for example already knowing what you limitations and downsides are to desync? It's almost a funny GGG troll if it wasn't so damn annoying. (there are many other skills/supports that have issues like multistrike, IB, whirling blades, ect... I just singled out cyclone)

** They really could "fix" much of this if they cared. Sure it might be expensive or time consuming, but really c'mon, it's what you have spent most of your adult life on. Personally I think they should stop at Act 4, and then start over with PoE2 with everything they have learned (or seemingly gave zero fucks about)

To be fair, having to hit (accuracy) does balance out crit. when you take out to hit and make it 100%, crit become the overwhelming bis stat (like in D3).

However, I understand your sentiment, and I totally agree with it. It comes down to what I value more - a smooth gameplay experience vs. more stat variety to min/max. There's a reason why despite the crap D3 gets, everyone still agrees that D3 combat is excellent. I attribute a big part of that to Blizz forgoing more stat variety (hit/miss/stun) in order to minimize desync. Even Chris admits this, in Athene's interview:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8y-QFqRHoPM

2:08 “...The side effect is the very strict checking of the rules causes sync problems...”
3:40 “...Whereas in D3 there is no way to miss, they removed the concept of you being stunned, or at least having that effect attacks, and you can hit from quite a long distance. Bascially in D3, if you click a monster, it’s guaranteed it’s going to take damage, and that makes their sync code far easier and honestly, it is a really good idea from the point of view of fixing sync. Unfortunately, it means they lose mechanics, like attack distance, and chance to hit and stun and personally I want those mechanics in our games..."

That, to me, in a nutshell is why PoE will always have Desync issues. Until they get rid of hit/miss/stun/etc., there is no way they will ever be able to eliminate it and it will never be as smooth as other games.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give moar Power Creep Pls

"
Wubbietail wrote:

Eh? The accuracy affix you see on most top tier phys weapons comes from people aiming for hybrid rolls to get extra phys, the accuracy is just a byproduct of that.

He's complaining about the accuracy/chance to hit mechanics because they have been given as one of the primary reasons for PoE having more desync than other games. He's right. Its a cool mechanic but its not worth the issues its apparently causing. If switching to a predetermined pattern of chance to hit rather than rolling every time would solve desync to the extent that it would only be as noticeable as in other games, I'd be all for it. Wouldn't you?
"
MonstaMunch wrote:
"
Wubbietail wrote:

Eh? The accuracy affix you see on most top tier phys weapons comes from people aiming for hybrid rolls to get extra phys, the accuracy is just a byproduct of that.

He's complaining about the accuracy/chance to hit mechanics because they have been given as one of the primary reasons for PoE having more desync than other games. He's right. Its a cool mechanic but its not worth the issues its apparently causing. If switching to a predetermined pattern of chance to hit rather than rolling every time would solve desync to the extent that it would only be as noticeable as in other games, I'd be all for it. Wouldn't you?

I would give up accuracy/stun if it made a huge difference in desyncs there is probably other ways they could introduce negative effects without it messing with how much you desync.
"I'm afraid if I stop drinking the cumulative hangover will kill me" ~ Sterling Archer
IGN: Angryweasel / PopTheWeasel
"
Angryweasel wrote:

I would give up accuracy/stun if it made a huge difference in desyncs.

sadly your opinion is worthless ggg admins do whatever they want
"
Angryweasel wrote:
I would give up accuracy/stun if it made a huge difference in desyncs there is probably other ways they could introduce negative effects without it messing with how much you desync.

Of course you would, most of us would.

Only in GGG logic does something as bizarre as creating game mechanics that require the game be such that those mechanics and 10 fold more are FUBAR; not get laughed out of the meeting when first mentioned.

And it isn't the only contradiction in design, it's something which repeats quite a lot when you take a good look. Execution preventing the very vision from being what it was meant to.

Another classic of the stature of the desync farce, is leagues and economy.

Long term permanent pyramid economy.

Short term competitive leagues.

Yet, they try as best they can to have people play the temp leagues, rendering the permanent leagues as a doomed top pyramid with no middle or bottom to feed it, but there's always RMT.

And with that, they then empty the temp leagues into permanent free trade leagues, temp league players with no use for the wealth they accumulated other than FG transfer or RMT and the brokers lie waiting.
Casually casual.

"

Mirrored ammys/rings aim for the high acc affix(up to 390 or so).

Pretty much all the toptier dagger builds have to focus on a lot of accuracy gear, accuracy gem or taking some accuracy passives since crit relies completely on it. Bow crit builds don't need as much accuracy since they tend to have a lot more dex.

Accuracy is a significant mechanic.
Last edited by Wubbietail on Jul 22, 2014, 3:58:06 PM
Nice netcode

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info