This is....AWESOME (#1 RIP 1MHC VOD)

"
mucker wrote:
"
rrtson wrote:
"
SL4Y3R wrote:
They've stated several times that over using oos can make matters worse.

RIP.

And that's our fault because...? If GGG designs a game that literally forces people to have to use /oos to stay in sync, then that's the only option we have.

If we don't use /oos, we desync. If we use /oos, we desync. Then what are we left with?

You can't use a tool incorrectly and then complain it doesn't work right.

"
Mark_GGG wrote:
One reason is that stuff like this
"
holocaustus wrote:
/oos
/cast Cyclone
Makes things worse, not better. Re-syncing during movement (especially a single fixed move like cyclone) sets you back and interrupts the movement on the client, when on the server you kept moving, and can get you more out of sync than you started. The reason for resync on stun is that it's safe to do so - you're not moving during the stun.

People spamming /oos all the time while using things like cyclone are quite possibly going to make things worse for themselves.

"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant; it's what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are." - Mewtwo
"
Isbox1 wrote:
[Removed by Support]

Just double checked, there wasn't a single post in this thread before yours blaming him for the death or saying anything other than what a shitty way to die it was. Try actually reading threads before you come to post in them.
Last edited by Gary_GGG on Jul 22, 2014, 12:14:01 PM
"
RulerofAsgard wrote:

"
Mark_GGG wrote:
One reason is that stuff like this
"
holocaustus wrote:
/oos
/cast Cyclone
Makes things worse, not better. Re-syncing during movement (especially a single fixed move like cyclone) sets you back and interrupts the movement on the client, when on the server you kept moving, and can get you more out of sync than you started. The reason for resync on stun is that it's safe to do so - you're not moving during the stun.

People spamming /oos all the time while using things like cyclone are quite possibly going to make things worse for themselves.

You really have to remember that whenever anyone in the party uses /oos the resync occurs forthe entire party and not just the party member using it. It's quite clear that the solution in place right now is neither optimal or very party friendly.

That said with GGG's current engine I doubt they can do much more to improve desync and they should rather spend their time balancing the monsters/bosses around what their engine can actually handle.

Another good example is Thena Moga which always desyncs around because of her insane charge speed GGG could easily fix that by slowing her charge down or redoing the abilities she can do so it better suits what the engine can handle.

I'm hopeful at least some improvements on this matter will come in 1.2 :)
"I'm afraid if I stop drinking the cumulative hangover will kill me" ~ Sterling Archer
IGN: Angryweasel / PopTheWeasel
Last edited by Angryweasel on Jul 22, 2014, 12:52:21 AM
Everyone that doesn't scour the forums for a random Dev post about how /oos actually works is a scrub, totally deserved RIP! /s
It is not the Ephixa right?
https://www.youtube.com/user/DjEphixa
Anyone... that was hilarious, di not even tried to save himself with alt F4 (which would probably not work but it's the thing you do in Panic...)
kiwi nation
to be honest i was more suprised to see that he is a curse/aura supporter only
i always pictured him one of those DD sheeps
https://poe-ssf.herokuapp.com/. Join the fun.
SSF HC Legacy Witch Lvl 53
Last edited by ventiman on Jul 22, 2014, 3:03:35 AM
"
MonstaMunch wrote:
"
Isbox1 wrote:
[Removed by Support]

Just double checked, there wasn't a single post in this thread before yours blaming him for the death or saying anything other than what a shitty way to die it was. Try actually reading threads before you come to post in them.

Or try looking at edit times.
Casually casual.

Last edited by Gary_GGG on Jul 22, 2014, 12:14:25 PM
"
TheAnuhart wrote:
"
MonstaMunch wrote:
"
Isbox1 wrote:
[Removed by Support]

Or try looking at edit times.

There's only one post edited between the last time I read the thread and the time he that post. Even if that one post was blaming the guy for his death which I doubt, the comment I was responding to was clearly made without actually reading what people had written.
Last edited by Gary_GGG on Jul 22, 2014, 12:14:43 PM
Best exampel for desync. I feel sorry for you.

Alone the thought that i have to use stupid chat orders like /oos to resync to prevent a possible death is the reason why i dont play hardcore.

Desync should be marked like map mods or the current 1 month race mods "Desync can happen every time" and then make /oos as a skill " use that skill to resync"

That way desync looks more like a special awful game mechanic instead of ridiculous sync code.
But nowdays i dont know, there is no reason to talk about desync. Unfortunately we have to accept that desync will be for ever a part of the game. But then GGG pls dont bring out new skills like cyclone or coc which creates huge sync problems.

edit//

new skill ideas

cast on desync and something like immortal call which can only used with cast on desync. It prevents all damage untill resync.
Last edited by chack on Jul 22, 2014, 11:37:34 AM
"
chack wrote:

edit//

new skill ideas

cast on desync and something like immortal call which can only used with cast on desync. It prevents all damage untill resync.

Yeah.. you should first try to understand what desync actually is and how and why it occurs.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info