This is....AWESOME (#1 RIP 1MHC VOD)

"
Wubbietail wrote:

Accuracy is a significant mechanic.

It's significant because GGG wants it to be. You can certainly have your own opinion, but there are many of us (well me at least, I guess I can't speak for everyone else) that think the mechanic is far more trouble that its worth.

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
Accuracy is not the thing holding back all netcode improvements. Hell stun is not necessarily even half the issue.

Notice how the video was an example of neither of those mechanics affecting desync. It was purely an enemy being desynced by their own movement skill. It's even more noticeable in fleet maps, some hasted rares can keep appearing to be running at you when they're still stuck at a certain corner.

I hate desync but I'd hate even more for PoE to get rid of many complex mechanics to not even fully remedy the issue.
Last edited by kasub on Jul 22, 2014, 4:14:27 PM
Only in path of exile desync is awsome
i use a secret account because i am a politician that doesnt want the NSA to know i play poe.
"
kasub wrote:
Accuracy is not the thing holding back all netcode improvements. Hell stun is not necessarily even half the issue.

Notice how the video was an example of neither of those mechanics affecting desync. It was purely an enemy being desynced by their own movement skill. It's even more noticeable in fleet maps, some hasted rares can keep appearing to be running at you when they're still stuck at a certain corner.

I hate desync but I'd hate even more for PoE to get rid of many complex mechanics to not even fully remedy the issue.

Lol, it's the existence of those mechanics along with wanting everything to work at high ping, that are behind the existence of the netcode that causes the movement skill to have such bad sync.

Casually casual.

Last edited by TheAnuhart on Jul 22, 2014, 5:10:22 PM
GET GUD NUB L2 DESINGK
anything is everything
Pretty sure their aproach at making all the boss fights fancy with the changes to merveil and brutus will make sure we get such high quality rip videos,
"
kamoa wrote:
uh running behind that tree is asking for desync. Rip in peace =(

Yep, that´s the point all the desync haters seem to overlook. He just didn´t pay attention/ made a stupid decision. And he even admits it...
"
muhomorov wrote:
"
kamoa wrote:
uh running behind that tree is asking for desync. Rip in peace =(

Yep, that´s the point all the desync haters seem to overlook. He just didn´t pay attention/ made a stupid decision. And he even admits it...

He walked behind a tree.. how dare he walk behind that tree! Obviously deserved to rip doing that. Learn to not desync etc, jeez, what a newb.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
I wish he would stop playing Path of Exile and make some more music!
RIP Diablo franchise

RIP Bird Lovers of Wraeclast <BLÔW>

Congrats Chris & others for cashing out! I don't blame you. I'll be saving money now... unless I start making a lot more. Can't wait to see if you guys start a new studio in six years! RIP GGG
"
Druga1757 wrote:

That, to me, in a nutshell is why PoE will always have Desync issues. Until they get rid of hit/miss/stun/etc., there is no way they will ever be able to eliminate it and it will never be as smooth as other games.

but other games like diablo 3 have even more bullshit hardcore deaths than this. The desync is less noticeable but theres no logging out, if ur net connection drops your character will be stuck in the game defenseless, there is still desync and rubber banding, and lag is much worse in d3.

Ive seen players on kungens stream dying to lag outs, having you player stuck in the game for many minutes while all the mobs are stood still and you are taking damage etc, its an awful game for bs deaths that wouldnt happen offline too.

Hardcore online is just fucked, theres no way around it. PoE its fucked, D3 its fucked, you just have to accept it and either play softcore or play hardcore anyway and just live with it when these things happen. Thats life, its never perfect.

You ever tried playing quake 3 with a 230 ping against players at your skill level who have 30 pings? Yeah its bullshit man but what you gonna do? You want to play games with people half way around the world then this is the reality of it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info