[1.3 VIDEO GUIDE] PoE Beginners Build The Carpet Bomber, Fireball Witch EB, AA [HC/SC viable]

"
sn3kox wrote:
I was thinking if i change area damage gem to chain gem would it be faster clearing in maps ?? And what is better for this build wand with spell damage or mace with elemental damage ?? What would be the diffrence. ??

Chain will prevent the fireball from exploding and thus drastically reducing the damage. It is a cool idea, but it will not work very well in practice :)

A wand or a mace, spell damage or elemental damage? It honestly doesn't matter too much since this build mainly focuses on the projectile and explosion damage, and NOT the burn damage. If we wanted to have a high burn damage pure fire damage as well as elemental damage would be superior, but in our case it doesn't matter too much. You should just try to focus on getting as much as possible be it spell damage or elemental damage. As an example:

For this build 40 elemental damage would be inferior to 45 spell damage even though the elemental damage or fire damage would add to the burn damage, whereas the spell damage will not. However the spell damage will influence the projectile damage and explosion damage, and that is what this build is all about, and that is the reason spell damage is better in this case.

For the same reason we are not picking up burn damage nodes in our tree :)
Weekly build guides: Youtube.com/LiftingNerdBro
Daily live streams: Twitch.tv/LiftingNerdBro
Friendly PoE community: Discord.gg/Lifting
Damn i have so manny problems with surviving .. ;/ i have 2.5k hp full auras and still die in 1-2 hits something wrong here with me ;(
Last edited by sn3kox on Aug 16, 2014, 6:58:05 AM
Hey Bro! Thanks for your awesome guide! I'm looking forward to switch my current witch (Fire/Ice, Crit) to this one, as my build misses defense in every way to keep the damage high :-D

I got two questions on this build:

1. If I had a 6-linked armour, what would be most useful gem to be additionally linked to fireball? Would lesser multiple projectiles in addition cause too much mana cost?

2. I was lucky to corrupt my amulet to have 1% of fire damage leeched as life
Spoiler
Could there be any more use for this build by the fireleech effect or should I just consider it as a nice additional life boost?

Thank you in advance! :-)
Last edited by RamonPerez on Aug 16, 2014, 8:16:56 AM
"
sn3kox wrote:
Damn i have so manny problems with surviving .. ;/ i have 2.5k hp full auras and still die in 1-2 hits something wrong here with me ;(

are you running AA?
IGN :Rippones
Yah im running it but damn it looks like that aa doesnt change anything. :-D
I was 'stuck' with this build since about level 60, somehow got to 67 but it cost me a lot of deaths and time. I can't afford to switch to EB yet so I'm not running AA, but I revisited this guide to read on what I might have missed to make it that hard.

The answer - spell totem + summon skeletons. Makes this build infinitely safer and more enjoyable, I've also added + minion life. I can't remember when I last died and I'm now 73.

Thanks for the guide and I'm counting on fast update when the patch hits!
Last edited by outerworld on Aug 16, 2014, 2:36:27 PM
Maybe you have alot of armour.
Last edited by sn3kox on Aug 16, 2014, 3:53:09 PM
"
sn3kox wrote:

What level is your AA sn3kox? I find that AA usually starts to shine at level 13+. And how are your resistances?

"
"
sn3kox wrote:

What level is your AA sn3kox? I find that AA usually starts to shine at level 13+. And how are your resistances?

AA is 16 lvl at the moment still dont have empower gem , resistance fire max lightning max cold 65 / chaos -48

BTw, could you tell what is your fireball dps ?
Last edited by sn3kox on Aug 17, 2014, 5:05:01 AM
"
RamonPerez wrote:
Hey Bro! Thanks for your awesome guide! I'm looking forward to switch my current witch (Fire/Ice, Crit) to this one, as my build misses defense in every way to keep the damage high :-D

I got two questions on this build:

1. If I had a 6-linked armour, what would be most useful gem to be additionally linked to fireball? Would lesser multiple projectiles in addition cause too much mana cost?

2. I was lucky to corrupt my amulet to have 1% of fire damage leeched as life
Spoiler
Could there be any more use for this build by the fireleech effect or should I just consider it as a nice additional life boost?

Thank you in advance! :-)

You are welcome mate!

1. I would actually add a "life leech" gem, it works very well with fireball. You could of course also trying adding a "faster casting" to do even more damage ;)

Btw, remember to add quality to your gems, it can make a big difference as well :)

2. Pretty sweet man, congrats! I would mostly look at it as an added benefit, but with this amulet you can now instead of the additional "life leech" gem add a more offensive skill gem to your liking :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info