unreal prices for all end game gear

While I agree that there should be items to be treated as holy grail by the 24/7 players and unachievable by most of the playerbase I disagree their power level needs to be so much more than achievable items. 10 percent sure but not double or more. The entire poe system is just a pyramid. Why is life on the tree percentage rather than flat? With flat life on the tree you could expand build diversity maybe get more life on tree less on gear or viceversa but nope you need both at as big values as possible probably so they funnel you into superficially different builds to ease up balance. Weapons? They need 4 mods if regular physical all 4 or the item is trash, you want a wand or dagger then its six mods you must have and even if you manage it the high tier mods they are weighted down so as not to show up the result is 500 plus to several thousand exalt worth of crafting costs with eternals being the big chunk and 0 chance of ever seeing such an item drop. And you know whats even funnier? Eternals don't drop I never dropped one and I dropped 2 shavs 2 soultakers a kaoms etc maybe I am unlucky with eternals but even so the vast majority of currency used for crafting gets concentrated into the hands of 1% of 1% what do the other 99.99% do? They can't even hope at ever owning 1 item that is bis for 1 char out of possibly hundreds possible. If you kill hope you kill the game. I don't think wanting to own 1 bis item is unreasonable and I don't mean a copy though even those are out of resch of 99% even in standard.
"
slantasiam wrote:
unless you like to play this game over and over from 1 to 66 or so its pretty pointless to play at all. new players unless you know someone you will never I repeat never get any of the end game items for your class....here is an example of the crazy prices in this game loath bane dagger its best in slot it costs lowest I ever saw was 280 ex that's right boys and girls 280ex I make 1/2 a chaos to 1 chaos a map run so in 12000 maps I may be able to afford it ...not likely. every slot for every class is like this. this is why this game cant get new players or players stay a week and stop...they cant afford anything to move forward.

it gets worse.... loath bane is hugely expensive right? so now every tom,dick, and harry feel that there junk dagger that's 1/4 as good as a loath bane should fetch 1/4 as much ex as a loth. you cannot buy even a crap dagger that barley can help you in 66 maps and beyond for less then 25ex now.

bottom line people want to much for there stuff...new players cant afford it old players cant afford it longtime players have them when they were cheap, so sellers have cut there own throats no one is buying it so I guess its a trophy in your stash or a rwter that has money to burn will buy it.

oh i dont think that the prices are unrealistic because, i self know how hard it is to craft 1 or 2 stats...

i used so far 100 ex and 100 eternals for my weapon....

so the price depends on how hard it is to achive stats you want... so if the price is 50ex then normally it thats maybe 50ex to hit the stats to the item...

and btw: this highend games gear you are talking about, should cost that money, cause it should not be for everyone...

there are some epsides of build of the week, where are not only highend gear was used to master all maps... so

maybe you get boared because of your build?
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ ++HIDEOUT IMPROVEMENT THREAD: ..../view-thread/2179528...++░░░░▒▒▒▒
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
"
Malazans wrote:
Most players do not want to use additional websites and tools just to partake in the simple act of trade.

imho one of ggg's unfortunate decisions was to allow external tools to crawl their website.

"
Malazans wrote:
Oh btw, if you claim that changes would ruin the economy you can fuck off.

next time please consider putting the insulting parts on top so people don't read your mix of contradictory arguments.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
slantasiam wrote:
why do you guys keep missing the point this has nothing to do with play and all to do with there is nothing to gain after you hit the top tier gear wall.. hence no reason to play.
seriously only the insane would think it was a good idea to spend 2 years to get a item...my point was, this is why new players don't last. getting to lvl 66 you make what maybe a ex if lucky? sure you can play longer in a limpdick kind of way but reason a lot play is for wow factor of getting new prizes and making their chars better.

Hey friend

There is a way to get your character better without spending that much money.

if you level up 15 levels ( can be done easely on 66-70 maps) you can get a lot of more stats for your character, also your gems will level up.

All these things will then scale with eachother , and the gear you got and you actually become better just by leveling up instead of buying gear.

Another good thing about leveling up is that there actually drops loot in the game , which can also be upgrades :D .

now soldier , go train and become powerful enough to soar through the sky :D
OP, I'm guessing you're CI. You don't have much ES, unless your chest is very good. That is going to hurt a lot. If you have bad survivability you are going to have a lot of trouble progressing. This is probably what you need more than a new dagger.

Life builds are the ones where you can get cheap, good gear. If you're trying a CI dagger build, you're going to spend pretty much the most currency possible. For the currency you spent on the gear you have, you could've made a cheap life build that could reach level 90 pretty easily. Maybe not insane DPS, but more than enough to get the job done.

But on topic, yeah that kind of shit is expensive. That is PoE's model though. Im not sure it is the most profitable for GGG, but that is what they want. This is why RMT is so popular. And in turn, it is why RMT is so destructive to this game.
Current IGN: TheBearerOfLight
Gizoogle Chris: "Da State of Exile muthafuckas axed mah crazy ass ta post a reminder dat they podcast is dis weekend, as usual. It aint nuthin but tha nick nack patty wack, I still gots tha bigger sack."
Last edited by BoltThrower87 on Jul 14, 2014, 12:45:13 PM
just get a bino's.
The problem is that the only end game in PoE is the gear grind. And they want to keep you playing, so "beating the game" by getting BiS items is intentionally next to impossible. If it were a reasonable goal, then people would reach it and stop playing.

GGG has embraced "alternate modes of play" as a model for keeping people to stick around and has done reasonably well with it. This works for a (probably large) subset of the community. However, there are a lot of people who want to singularly invest in making one character super strong and then going out and doing something fun with that character.

Blizzard understands this concept. Whether they've addressed it well is a separate debate - but it's clear that they're trying. D3 allows you to crank up the difficulty to Torment 6, giving more challenge and more reward over easier modes of play. They are also introducing Greater Rifts and Ladder systems to give people something else to do besides just the grind.

PoE, on the other hand, has very very little level appropriate content for a well crafted character and absolutely nothing for him to do besides grind for gear.

If you like recreating characters for different leagues and races, then PoE has a lot to offer. If you like to focus on making one character great, then PoE offers very little. The path is frustrating and there's no playground at the top of the mountain. Just a tiny patch of earth and a sign that says, "Thanks, please come again."
New Year's Resolutions:
- Chicken Nuggets
- No More Bullshit
Last edited by Firecrest5 on Jul 14, 2014, 12:24:55 PM
"
Firecrest5 wrote:
The problem is that the only end game in PoE is the gear grind.

"Grinding Gear Games"
"
Malazans wrote:
PoE has an excellent crafting system

WAT? o.O
"
Krayken wrote:
just get a bino's.
IGN: lVlage (96 Witch)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type