unreal prices for all end game gear

"
slantasiam wrote:
why do you guys keep missing the point this has nothing to do with play and all to do with there is nothing to gain after you hit the top tier gear wall.. hence no reason to play.
seriously only the insane would think it was a good idea to spend 2 years to get a item...my point was, this is why new players don't last. getting to lvl 66 you make what maybe a ex if lucky? sure you can play longer in a limpdick kind of way but reason a lot play is for wow factor of getting new prizes and making their chars better.

You keep saying the same thing over and over and keep getting the same answer from everyone else. Did it ever occur to you that maybe YOU are the one missing the point?

You can easily buy budget gear for a chaos or two each that will get you started. Maybe you'll need a couple items that cost an ex or two in order to make a particular build. If a build "needs" a 50ex item to play at all, you just don't run it as a beginner, but there are plenty of other cheaper ones. That will get you started on low level maps at least. You save up from there and get more expensive items that might cost a few ex each. You can easily do almost anything in the game with those. With the right builds, you can clear any content with fairly cheap items. And you gradually work your way up from there.

And no, I don't think it's insane that the absolute BEST items should be something that take years to save up for. If you're talking about an absolutely perfectly rolled rare with just the right combination of top-tier rolls in every slot and high rolls within those tiers, then yes those will be incredibly rare. So rare that only an incredibly small number of people will ever see them, in which case, yes they will be expensive enough that only a very small number of people will ever be able to afford one. And I think that's perfectly fine as long as there are items just below that level which are significantly cheaper. Which there are. And items a bit below that which are even cheaper, which again there are. And maybe even a few more tiers below that which are still usable in end game content and the average player CAN afford in a reasonable amount of time. Which there are. So what's the problem?
Man u can get like a white 5-link for 2-3 chaos (just throw a few c at it and u are set), and decent end game capable armor/wpn for under an exa.

You don't need uber op uniques.
The Hyperbomber for 2.6: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1879383
You're confusing end game item with BiS. Hell, I ran lvl 78 maps in ambush with a weapon that cost 2 ex and a 5L.
Check your stash, you might have tons of items you can sell.

It took me 3 weeks to make 300 exalted out of the stuff I had on my stash. You need to be creative too and know the economy to make more money. It´s not hard once you figure out ... but you need to know the economy and play it as you play maps. Same thing.

The economy on this game is not something casual, the whole game is based around it.
"
Chundadragon wrote:
Getting to 70 takes me about 10 hours, you spend the other few months mapping away :)

How the hell do you get to 70 in 10 hours? I'm guessing you run through the game in a full party. I always play solo, too laggy when I party up.

I take so long to level up to that level. Partly because I am always trying new builds and never compete them, but even when I stick to one character, it takes me quite a while to get to that level.
"
Fatto wrote:
"
Chundadragon wrote:
Getting to 70 takes me about 10 hours, you spend the other few months mapping away :)

How the hell do you get to 70 in 10 hours? I'm guessing you run through the game in a full party. I always play solo, too laggy when I party up.

I take so long to level up to that level. Partly because I am always trying new builds and never compete them, but even when I stick to one character, it takes me quite a while to get to that level.

5L Searing Touch and Fire Trap/Flameblast if your established in a league (Ideal for Witch, Templar with minimal speccing, can regret away with the 18 passive free respecs) Other specs also possible but sometimes will be more efficient to use Facebreakers + Meginords.

Though yeah, first time I create a character in a new league, will always be with full party from my guild with several quite decent racers there.

Otherwise it will take around 20 hours.
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
Last edited by Chundadragon on Jul 14, 2014, 8:25:23 AM
"
here trading is tedious and horrible and its just all bad. Trading, gambling, grinding for life.

you're right, it's tedious and horrible. at the moment i'm just furious about these crappy drop rates and exp rewards of invaders and exiles and are about to skip them all in the 1 months league.
the good side: it's equally bad for all players. at least it should be...

age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
geradon wrote:

you're right, it's tedious and horrible. at the moment i'm just furious about these crappy drop rates and exp rewards of invaders and exiles and are about to skip them all in the 1 months league.
the good side: it's equally bad for all players. at least it should be...

Tell that to the players that got a tabula from invaders in normal :P
Last edited by Zipatsu on Jul 14, 2014, 8:30:53 AM
I somewhat agree that this game does not provide enough tools to play with when it comes to new players, or players that are generally new to the genre.

Here is an example.

PoE has an excellent crafting system that lets you chance items, play the rng, or use smaller currencies and carefully minimize the RNG factor by going the transmuite, alter, augment, regal route.

This sounds awesome on paper but most of the people never experience this joy. You never find enough currency to tinker with your items unless you employ other websites like poe.xyz and tools like procurement.

The crafting system is dependent on you being extremely lucky or extremely hardcore. There is no sure way to farm mats, or at least a viable route that newcomers or people just willing to sink 10 hours a day could take and ensure success.

I try to maximize my magic find and quantity and i try my hand at trading and farming, and still i am almost never able to craft items, tinker with my setup without sinking months of pointless piety runs.

The progression here is skewed and depends on RNG, and that is a fault of design and not of player skill.

I do not need the best in slot gear, or to find unique drops on every third mob.
What i do need is enough of the tools that let me constantly play with my items, or my character.

That is the most fun aspect of this game, tinkering with items and builds.
Countless of people are skipping this game or leaving early because they do not have enough of things to do, or hit a hard ceiling when you reach some of the top levels.

Going through same acts 3 times and then mapping is not fun when you cant utilize most of the tools the game offers.

We need a sure way of farming the mats that enable crafting. The economy will adjust, and you can keep your overpriced unique items.

Oh, Atziri is major stroke against players like me and most of the gaming playerbase. It is part of the lore and until now there was a sure way to complete the story without playing 3 possible builds or becoming a streamer/poeFullTimeJob person.

For whom did GGG make the atziri boss? I am fine having the uber atziri behind some hardcore gaming mechanics or RNG drops but this is just silly. What if Dominus was behind fragments and required the deepest of the deep builds to complete. Yeah, put Piety behind a snapshot wall so we need to run 150 auras and change out items and change our playstyle that we used for 70 levels.

Farming midnights is not fun when it comes to completing the lore, stop this madness of hardcore/lategame is the only game poe is worth playing for.

If i spend the whole weekend farming mats, i expect to be able to craft some items for my char or for trade on monday. Doing 50 corrupted areas and having 0 midnight drops is funny.

Having crazy bosses on maps that are the part of Malachai Nightmare is fine, hiding lore behind a uber skill wall is dumb.

I do not want things handed to me without a fight, but this is getting crazy.
Yeah, i still know what the august patch will bring to us, more RNG.

TLDR
There needs to be a method in this madness of RNG, we need more crafting currency to actually claim that this game has crafting(finding a regal orb ever 3 months does not equal a good crafting route). Stop putting lore behind a skill wall that 10 players out of 10 000 possess.
Oh btw, if you claim that changes would ruin the economy you can fuck off. I did not come to PoE to play the Wallstreet simulator. You kill monsters to earn gear and money. Most players do not want to use additional websites and tools just to partake in the simple act of trade.

Cheers.
I sure hope this is a troll thread!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info