Elemantal Wander with Piscator:High DPS,good defense,Atziri KILLER, OP clear speed

Let the theory crafting begin :D

Templar is prolly the wander class to play
Last edited by Meraxas on Aug 14, 2014, 1:56:50 PM
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/994374

EB Wander in there, would like to hear your thoughts.
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
New build i came up with:

https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgUABVtG1-0g4XOLjIV9KU_kIrUEXcaCm3flV-LsODKJogAUTQSzkFWnhBo4GmzjajbpJKoWb4CkJLCG0Rcv-tJV1mTn-cjTG3jO2wKboY9GHRSD21XGOlismPfXBAdQMEyzvOprF5UgLR9qQ8BUbRkI9NsLgh7B85phFLA_c77uyUTHys5wCaBs53NwwnOfiFm89lvFKC9v2RNwu-wYwcWIQklR8NWP-gcelS4Rll3yDkhwUonTcNWMNlBCoi5h4lVLFr8mlcu95oG5fIwL7LA2PeOEGo_22vsJGYqbtVM1D6tsjJ2qY0M=

I dont know about how big the wrath/anger nerfs are, but this might be a considerable buff. Right now at lvl 90 i have about 5000 hp with 222% incr life in patch 1.1.5, with that build you will have about 160%. That means that the new hp will be 4037-ish (5000/3.22*2.6). Assuming level 85 with 4 more mana per level we will have 336 more base health. Meaning our total life will be about 4910 hp (4037 + 336*2.6). You will lose about 100 health late game, which is not too much. In return we gain A LOT more damage due to amazing wand nodes. We also get some free bonus to accuracy.
Hello, i will update the build when the 1.2 is release, i want test the build befor see what is the best, what nod give more dmg....

But now witch is pretty bad for life base attack because u can start only with es or spell dmg.

A Scion or a templar will be better.

But i will not play ele wander in the new league, i think with the nerf of wrath and anger elemantal wander will loose TON of dmg

The main source of dps is wrath anger, and they got a huge nerf same for the aura nod, there is new elemental but i dont think it can be as good as aura befor, but will see when they release 1.2.
Take aura nod+ crit nod+good hp+

I think i will play a phys wander with CI something like that, the build is still in work in progress

CI PHYS WANDER

Witch

https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgMA34rpAkuuGyXZW20ZEVA1uacrHU8tH8UoTLOVIPZbUDAEB8HzWbwfAoIeoqM2xRSwf8YPxIt6mmHBxRGWO3wBb8Jzx8r67yy_Dki4yuL3c3BXh_xkhq5jQ13yhEifiICuSpoV1_LhcNX311xr9ueiBFZjRwaJ08NtznDb5_b8cFIJoF9qpzQqC2zn8-o_c7VIvu6Zmud062PbGujWES8QeyLqBbW-Opu1jb_DOlFHykrnVG-eJP2DCZyk_96HE3cHyUTbApuh-cjzCVFsBiMfQQMeFr8Pq1M11op_KzB8

shadow

https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgYAsNii2cgU9W9qjBa_Ax4fQQYjtUhtbPPqmZrndCoL62PbGujWcFIRLxB7IuoFtYnTvjqbtY2_cNXDOlFHXfLKSudUDkhvniT9Y0MRloMJnKT_3vLhf8aHE0cGwcWio3cH2-f2_PrvLL_B8w_EX2qnNFeH_GSGroIelSA7fICuSpoV1xSwLR-4yqIEVmOaYcUoTLMdT8Jzx8r2W1AwBAc1uXNwyURZvB8CEVCnK5-Ivu42xfbnP3OLes5wbOcBbwmg4veESPfXXGubocNt2wLzCVFs-cgwfNaKfys=

shadow 2 high block

https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgYAsNii2cgU9W9qjBa_Ax4fQQYjtUhtbPPqmZrndCoL62PbGujWcFIRLxB7idO-OnDVXfIOSGNDEZby4X_GRwbBxaKj2-f2_PrvLL_B8w_EX2qnNPxkhq6CHpUgO3xKmhXXFLAtH7jKogRWY5phxShMsx1PwnP2W1AwBAc1uXNwWbwfAhFQpyufiDbF9ueLes5wAW8JoOL3bOeESD9zXGvDbY9GHRT60maefuIWQHFNgFaFfZrPT31DY1FgtzFY9Z3E_xxLjR6BtMUblwkh2j0i6lIN877esOcLna6nCCdhBunYJMfKvu7JRA==

iam still not sure, i can also go unwavering+iron reflexe but i would prefer not spend lot of 10dex/str nod just for this 2 nod.

Last edited by keta on Aug 17, 2014, 8:44:33 AM
I dont think CI is the way to go. You probably still want EB to be able to run AA. Without EB it's going to be next to impossible to get the regen to run it. Wrath and anger will be nerfed by about 17.5%. On top of the aura nodes changes this will probably be a 22.5% nerf or so. This is a significant nerf, but i dont know if going phys is really word it. If you start as a templar, in combination with the new wand nodes you shouldn't really lose any dps. You pretty much need a GG 30ex+ phys wand to make it worth it going phys. Maybe if you are rich its worth it, but for people like me who can barely afford a 6L chest i still think running a piscators aura build is worth it.
Ele wander life base 1.2 , Witch(because its witch thread^^)

I made that, but i need to do some test for see which new wand nod is better, if some crit multi is better than wand nod, if i should drop some crit chance and take other wand nod...
I also dont have the flask nod it make me sad because they are so op :(

https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgMA34rpAm0ZLR_FKEyzlSD2W1AwBAfB81m8gh4UsJphEZYOSGNDznAJoGznP3P-s1crvYII9LzqaxdqQ8BUcFKJ03DVXfK1SPPqKgtJUfDVlS4HHm1sD6sWv2HiJpVVS4w2m7VTNW-eykrDOoMJwONLV_Gz4YhGcR2qGo_22vsJGYovb9kTcLvsGI_62wunCDbp42rr7riTxp4Qfwx9gsco-lNSRZ2a4KKjf8YXL_rSgKQksIbRVdZk5x0Uj0ZVxoPbOlismPfXm6FmnhZAhX13B4cTnKQWbySq-cjTG3jO2wK-7slEx8o=

"
Chundadragon wrote:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/994374

EB Wander in there, would like to hear your thoughts.

Your build look pretty good for the survability you have good hp(but you should remove 3x5% hp nod in the scion life wheel, and take the hp/mana just at the top of ele equilibrium nod, you will have 146% life +40%mana regen +0.8%life regen instead of just 147% life)

But i think if you dont want loose to many dps , you need more wand dps nod

"
Meraxas wrote:
I dont think CI is the way to go. You probably still want EB to be able to run AA. Without EB it's going to be next to impossible to get the regen to run it. Wrath and anger will be nerfed by about 17.5%. On top of the aura nodes changes this will probably be a 22.5% nerf or so. This is a significant nerf, but i dont know if going phys is really word it. If you start as a templar, in combination with the new wand nodes you shouldn't really lose any dps. You pretty much need a GG 30ex+ phys wand to make it worth it going phys. Maybe if you are rich its worth it, but for people like me who can barely afford a 6L chest i still think running a piscators aura build is worth it.

With the new crafting table make an okay phys wand will be easy !! you find a wand with flat phys +%phys, and u can add the crit, or if u have crit, flat phys you can add the % phys

Without that i will not do phys wander because find a good phys wand in the new league will be a pain

es got a huge buff in the new tree they add ton of es nod, for phys wander i really prefer go CI because i can leech the mana, get a huge pool of es easy, run blood rage for the leech+dps(no life leech gem)...
For AA i will maybe use it but not really high lvl, but i think take more block nod.

Last edited by keta on Aug 15, 2014, 8:08:41 AM
I wanna make a Phys wander too for the new league (starting as shadow).
You will make a new guide for this build?
"
keta wrote:
I think i will play a phys wander with CI something like that, the build is still in work in progress

Your first two builds aren't going to work as phys wanders, you don't have any effective way to handle reflect. Last league I ran a chain crit split phys ranger, and the league before that a phys wander. With the ranger I took Ondar's intending to use that to handle reflect and it failed miserably. I had ~50% evade, Ondar's and 89% accuracy, I was hitting myself around 2/3 of the time and could one shot myself with a crit. High accuracy builds hit way too often to use Ondar's for defense.

I've been toying with trying to make a phys wander that uses AA/block for defense in the new league. I have life and CI versions

Life is easier to gear, only expensive item is a wand. Running AA will be a lot easier because of EB, and the build gets more block. But there are no points left for aura nodes so it will be limited to Clarity, Hatred, and Tempest Shield for auras. Reflect will be handled by a combination of AA, bloc, CwDT + IC + ED + Increased Duration. Life also lets you run LGoH as needed which on any chain attack build is insane life regen.

CI is a lot more expensive to gear, you need an ES/EV chest and Auxium as well as the wand. If CI becomes the FotM in the new leagues expect to pay 20+ex for that alone. It picks up some aura nodes and and more damage nodes but even with those trying to run Clarity, Hatred, Discipline, and Tempest Shield is going to be ugly. Running AA is really hard w/o EB but mathematically doable. However you'll need 150%-200% regen and tons of mana on gear which will drive up gear cost even more. Stunlock is a huge problem for ES builds which means you are also throwing away the amulet slot. (If you party a lot you can live w/o this but if you solo you NEED stun avoidance.) On the other hand you can run blood rage.

Attack speed is low on both of these builds, you really want more as a wander but I'm not sure what to give up to get it. Shadow start gets way more damage but if you want to run AA then I think you really need the witch start mana nodes with that 60% regen (certainly if you co CI you need them).

Either build will have its damage explode through the 90's as you are near so many damage/crit nodes that you can cherry pick once you get through the core of the build.
Last edited by rangda on Aug 19, 2014, 1:57:21 PM
Any update for the patch?
Hey man. Great build. I run something similar. Question for ya.

Would it not make more sense to run Frenzy in place of Barrage? In order for me to get high enough DPS with barrage I need to have power charges which I can't get doing single target damage. But with frenzy I can get 40k with 3 frenzy charges. The only time barrage gets more for me is with power charges. Am I incorrect? Or am I missing something.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info