LOL mtx pricing

microtransactions should drop as loot because i'm not going to pay real money for a free-to-play game
For all your up-to-date Path of Exile news and events, check out the official Path of Exile Forum here -------- http://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/
Look at it this way: You can pay for a gold watch for 40k or for a cheaper one that looks nice for 10 bucks. GGG makes the prices the way they see fit and i think they do alright as they dont want every char to look like a damn christmas tree with all super shimmer effects on and such.
"
comm_il_vec wrote:
microtransactions should drop as loot because i'm not going to pay real money for a free-to-play game

This is not a valid solution at all.

I think 5 dollars to make your character look completely different... 15-20 for an "exclusive" full character transformation... and some type of full time discount for those who have already paid over 200 bucks to GGG would be fair - in comparison to the current 60 bucks "exclusive" full character transformation price point.
"
Isbox1 wrote:
"
comm_il_vec wrote:

This is not a valid solution at all.

I think 5 dollars to make your character look completely different... 15-20 for an "exclusive" full character transformation... and some type of full time discount for those who have already paid over 200 bucks to GGG would be fair - in comparison to the current 60 bucks "exclusive" full character transformation price point.

The full character transformation is 30. Not 60
"
SL4Y3R wrote:

The full character transformation is 30. Not 60

Ghostflame set - 220 + 220 + 120 = 560

200 + 200 + 100 + 100 (They nickle and dime you here conveniently not 550 but 560 so you must buy that extra 5 bucks)
20 + 20 + 10 + 10 = 60 bucks

Not sure - maybe my math is off?
Last edited by Isbox1 on Jul 4, 2014, 1:19:22 PM
The ghostflame isn't a full set. It's pieces of one. Arcane and ardent are full sets.

Ghost flame falls under premium mtx pieces.
"
SL4Y3R wrote:
The ghostflame isn't a full set. It's pieces of one. Arcane and ardent are full sets.

Sorry - I disagree - if you want to go with that "theme" for looks, the complete look costs you 60 bucks.

So back to my argument that "exclusive" looks - complete character transformation in an exclusive "ghost green" should cost the player 15-20 bucks max.

PotatO POtato.... but I think it's important to distinguish here the way I feel things should change... to match a more reasonable F2P model - the worlds best F2P model - League Of Legends - which is certainly way more palatable than the MTX junk GGG is trying to shovel at us.

1) 5 bucks for "normal" non exclusive head to toe skin transformation.
2) 15-20 bucks for "exclusive" head to toe skin transformation.
3) 200 bucks given towards GGG should net a permanent 50% discount.
4) Get rid of "faily" day to day sales - sure do some holiday sales... and MTX exclusives to those seasons... but it's already been well proven world wide that "sales" are simply proving that the product you are "selling" is already up marked hundreds of percentages - so you are never getting the value of the product even when its on sale. - when you DO have a sale, instead make the sale on GGG points instead of the MTX itself.

Spoiler
But WHY Isbox?? GGG can better GOUGE and NICKLE AND DIME their customers using their current model?? - I know.
Last edited by Isbox1 on Jul 4, 2014, 1:38:11 PM
Spoiler
"
Isbox1 wrote:
"
SL4Y3R wrote:

Sorry - I disagree - if you want to go with that "theme" for looks, the complete look costs you 60 bucks.

So back to my argument that "exclusive" looks - complete character transformation in an exclusive "ghost green" should cost the player 15-20 bucks max.

PotatO POtato.... but I think it's important to distinguish here the way I feel things should change... to match a more reasonable F2P model - the worlds best F2P model - League Of Legends - which is certainly way more palatable than the MTX junk GGG is trying to shovel at us.

1) 5 bucks for "normal" non exclusive head to toe skin transformation.
2) 15-20 bucks for "exclusive" head to toe skin transformation.
3) 200 bucks given towards GGG should net a permanent 50% discount.
4) Get rid of "faily" day to day sales - sure do some holiday sales... and MTX exclusives to those seasons... but it's already been well proven world wide that "sales" are simply proving that the product you are "selling" is already up marked hundreds of percentages - so you are never getting the value of the product even when its on sale. - when you DO have a sale, instead make the sale on GGG points instead of the MTX itself.

Spoiler
But WHY Isbox?? GGG can better GOUGE and NICKLE AND DIME their customers using their current model?? - I know.

They aren't trying to shovel you anything, don't like em'? Think they're too expensive? Don't buy em'. Problem solved.
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
Last edited by TheWretch on Jul 4, 2014, 2:26:36 PM
"
comm_il_vec wrote:

Gr8 b8, m8. I rel8, str8 appreci8, and congratul8. I r8 this b8 an 8/8. Plz no h8, I'm str8 ir8. Cr8 more, can't w8. We should convers8, I won't ber8, my number is 8888888, ask for N8. No calls l8 or out of st8. If on a d8, ask K8 to loc8. Even with a full pl8, I always have time to communic8 so don't hesit8.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
TheWretch wrote:

They aren't trying to shovel you anything, don't like em'? Think they're too expensive? Don't buy em'. Problem solved.

I'm fairly certain we've well established the fact - back on post #1 of mine - that I have zero intentions of ever buying MTX in their current rip off, over priced form.

Not sure why people continue to try to go back to a topic that I've already well established.... like it is an actual point of contention or something valid to offer this discussion.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info