[1.2.0] "Forcefield" - Flameblast - EB/MoM/Block - Atziri & Endgame Viable!

I haven't specced Inner Force yet but I figured as much. My regen isn't the best yet so I think it would be detrimental for me as well, and as such thinking about speccing the Templar Aura reservation/buff nodes instead.

Also the 1 month was announced... it's softcore so I don't think I'll be running this build.. too safe!
Last edited by dandan88 on Jul 7, 2014, 1:57:14 AM
"
KirbStar wrote:
I tried this build and it was very fun and strong. one thing i noticed while gearing my character is that i had to drop inner force because it increases the mana drain per second on arctic armour and i wasn't able to sustain in until i had enough mana regen.

I added this in the leveling notes for the passive tree to avoid something like this happening in the future, someone else might not know that the mana drain from AA also has the mana drain increased fro Inner Force. Glad you liked the build!

"
dandan88 wrote:
I haven't specced Inner Force yet but I figured as much. My regen isn't the best yet so I think it would be detrimental for me as well, and as such thinking about speccing the Templar Aura reservation/buff nodes instead.

Also the 1 month was announced... it's softcore so I don't think I'll be running this build.. too safe!

Yeah, kind of disappointed they did that but I was already thinking about just taking a 1 month break instead and this just helped make me stick with my decision.

Less deaths, less exp loss! ;)
quite good
how much did u spent in total for ur char?
Lemme guess:

1ex rathpith 60%
4ex doryani
1ex total on rings + amu
25-30ex on 6L cloak (would be 2-3ex if 5L)
20-30c on rainbowstrides
1-2 ex on belt
Arbitrary amount on gloves <1ex

Total ~ 35-40ex
My setup cost:

Cloak - 3 ex
Rainbowstride - 1 ex
Rathpith - 1 ex
Anvil - 1ex (3 c each x 10 vaal'd Anvils)
Doryani Belt - 4 ex
Wand - self found
Rings - self found
Hat + Gloves - self found

~10 ex total give or take an exalt
and then sweet microtransactions to make me look like a boss.
Last edited by dandan88 on Jul 8, 2014, 1:56:17 PM
Really cool build, thanks you!
My setup cost:

Cloak - 1 ex ( and 80 jewellers for 5S'ing and 40 fusings for 5L'ing)
Rainbowstrides - 1 ex
Rathpith with 60% spell block - 2 ex
Anvil - self found
Rare Wand - self found
Rare Belt - self found
Rare Rings - self found
Rare Hat and Gloves - self found.

~4 exa total. Plus ~1.5 exa for all crafting ( sockets, links, colours, etc)

"
Hectrix wrote:
quite good
how much did u spent in total for ur char?

I got all of it except for the 6l, one of the rings and Doryani's Catalyst during the 2 week race (only had a 5l CoD when it ended). I got the 6l for 15 ex on Invasion, Dread Turn Topaz Ring for 2 ex on Invasion and bought the Doryani's Catalyst for 4.5 ex on Standard.

5l Cloak of Defiance: 3 ex
Rathpith Globe: 2 ex
Rainbowstride: 2 ex
Anvil: 10 chaos
Death Gyre: 1.5 ex
Belt: 1.5 ex
Gloves: 10 chaos
Helmet: 6 chaos

And now I'll be giving it all away! I've promised to give some of the items away to those who have played my build but anyone can get a free 20/20 gem!

Go here if you want any of them!
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/964746
Last edited by Redoxe on Jul 9, 2014, 11:15:21 AM
so i am playing this build while waiting for new patches and stuff
came up with this mod of the passive tree:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMAVysHY3NTwFQQdHkDDlwI9DGIRX5tGS0fwfOPpqKjgh5SU3_G2wuXlT1fHNwnqRGWBAeTJ_F2LUdabQ5IcLsfAtxXUEIkPOOEnarZEzbFnC3mfB6UjDanXIhrYqwvb9gkh2WFxaw_VUuksewYSVE2Pdadpwivt37iJpXljo_653S4k49GSRtJO9vnYeLe9uvuDH0dFNDQLJw2e0cG2j0o-nqqEH_60kw1z2W0o8LsJ2GYrZrgxp5wfTbpKMVVxh6BBulFnamVJKrjavO-S40JIRoyGYX_HFFgGmzz3Q==

basically, removed 12% cast speed, 36% spell damage total worth of 5 nodes at witch start, placed them into blast radius and sub nodes. Some aoe is good and it affects proliferation aoe too, but the main reason why i did spec out of those nodes is that because they are really terrible for burn builds. % increased elemental or fire damage (the same thing actually, just different wording, elemental means all elementals at once) provide bonus to initial hit damage and to burning damage while "% increased spell damage" only increases the damage of initial hit. so i left elemental dominion specced and now am enjoyng increased aoe
"
so i am playing this build while waiting for new patches and stuff
came up with this mod of the passive tree:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMAVysHY3NTwFQQdHkDDlwI9DGIRX5tGS0fwfOPpqKjgh5SU3_G2wuXlT1fHNwnqRGWBAeTJ_F2LUdabQ5IcLsfAtxXUEIkPOOEnarZEzbFnC3mfB6UjDanXIhrYqwvb9gkh2WFxaw_VUuksewYSVE2Pdadpwivt37iJpXljo_653S4k49GSRtJO9vnYeLe9uvuDH0dFNDQLJw2e0cG2j0o-nqqEH_60kw1z2W0o8LsJ2GYrZrgxp5wfTbpKMVVxh6BBulFnamVJKrjavO-S40JIRoyGYX_HFFgGmzz3Q==

basically, removed 12% cast speed, 36% spell damage total worth of 5 nodes at witch start, placed them into blast radius and sub nodes. Some aoe is good and it affects proliferation aoe too, but the main reason why i did spec out of those nodes is that because they are really terrible for burn builds. % increased elemental or fire damage (the same thing actually, just different wording, elemental means all elementals at once) provide bonus to initial hit damage and to burning damage while "% increased spell damage" only increases the damage of initial hit. so i left elemental dominion specced and now am enjoyng increased aoe

Looks good. I like cast speed but I can accept that with Echo and Faster Casting you'd be more interested in the increased area of effect. It's a trade-off that I can see being beneficial to the build.

It's not like when going into the Templar starting area for increased area of effect where you have to drop more useful stats to do so.

Thanks for sharing!
Been trying the AOE setup, and might as well put my thoughts down:

+ AOE is very nice, you get it for the Flameblast, prolif and Curses as well as Enduring Cry? Still nice quality of life.

+ 20 more Int towards Mana pool/regen is always welcome.

+ Not sure if area damage counts towards the burning damage as well as the initial hit, but if it does then + if not then it's not AS good as I thought.

- Actually takes 6 points to get all the nodes (including the main large one)

- If you have a 5-link and no cast speed the extra time to build your blast can cost you.

- If you haven't capped Block yet, the loss of cast speed could mean you take extra hits due to being stuck in place longer.

Overall I think it's probably the better choice IF you have a 6 link with Faster Casting and capped block, but until then you should probably go with the safety of maneuverability.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info