[1.2.0] "Forcefield" - Flameblast - EB/MoM/Block - Atziri & Endgame Viable!

"
Mothren wrote:
although don't know if the damage will compare to flameblast or not.

I don't think so.

Flameblast is a really powerful spell, especially with echo support, while ball lightning seems to be just an average in terms of damage.
Last edited by yeenzoo on Jul 4, 2014, 7:57:59 AM
I've actually been playing around with Ball Lightning on this build, with some minimal respecs it's not bad at all. I unspecced Ele Equilibrium and the 3 life/mana nodes below Clear Minds, and respecced into Static Blows + Shock node in Shadow Tree.

My links were Ball Lightning - LMP - Added Lightning/Added Chaos - Lightning Pen - Echo - (Ele Prolif)

Gonna try without LMP and use Ele Prolif in a 5link for a sort of prolif build but probably won't clear as well.

Only lvl 15 gems at the moment but clearing up to 68 maps nicely. Molten Shell still providing lots of leech when I need it, but if I were to to it properly I'd need some Lightning Leech on gear and a new weapon (mine's just spell dmg / fire dmg).

Might be worth doing in the upcoming 1 month.
Last edited by dandan88 on Jul 4, 2014, 10:36:06 AM
"
dandan88 wrote:
I've actually been playing around with Ball Lightning on this build, with some minimal respecs it's not bad at all. I unspecced Ele Equilibrium and the 3 life/mana nodes below Clear Minds, and respecced into Static Blows + Shock node in Shadow Tree.

My links were Ball Lightning - LMP - Added Lightning/Added Chaos - Lightning Pen - Echo - (Ele Prolif)

I am testing Ball Lightning myself and slower projectiles contributes IMMENSELY to the damage. Take it into consideration :)

On another note, I think this build can be greatly enhanced with detonate dead especially for atziri runs to spread proliferation and kill with ease.
Last edited by Mothren on Jul 4, 2014, 12:28:04 PM
Problem is a) finding links for it and b) you can't spell block Detonate Dead's reflect damage, as it isn't counted as a spell, so you'd be open to reflect damage which would be much higher than Flameblast's reflect.

I tried Slower Proj as well (got a 14% one) and while it did do more damage, the range of the ball is much lower which I just didn't like.

Rumi's Concoction? This could potentially save a lot of points for this build. I play with a Granite of Curse Immunity which I could easily switch to my Quicksilver or Ruby Flask, so i'm not really losing anything by using it. You could still cap block without the Deflection notable and the Block cluster below the Shadow tree freeing up 16 points! You could easily go into the Templar tree with those points, pick up Prestigitation, Life + Regen, Faith + Steel. You would still have 64% Block without the Granite up!

I didn't even take into account the Flask nodes in the Witch tree which would increase the block chance even more, meaning you could feasibly drop even more nodes.... that flask is crazy!
Last edited by dandan88 on Jul 4, 2014, 1:13:39 PM
"
Mothren wrote:
detonate dead especially for atziri runs

Are you sure DD is good choice for Atziri?
You can watch some vids how long it takes on regular DD build. That's definitely no good option for her.

Another issue with DD is, as dandan88 said, non-blockable reflect. When you focus on tankiness, using a skill that can kill you in seems very bad.

"
dandan88 wrote:
You could still cap block without the Deflection notable and the Block cluster below the Shadow tree freeing up 16 points! You could easily go into the Templar tree with those points, pick up Prestigitation, Life + Regen, Faith + Steel. You would still have 64% Block without the Granite up!

Flask's effect lasts only 4.5s with quality. You would have to carry at least 3 of them for reasonable uptime.

Last edited by yeenzoo on Jul 4, 2014, 3:54:10 PM
You don't always need capped block though. You pop it for when you need it most, like vs bosses, invaders, big rare vaal fallen, rhoas etc... just like you''d normally use a Granite flask. 64% block is still very good. I definitely think it's something I will consider in the next league if I decide to make this build again.

Another skill that I've been playing with that works well with this build is Incinerate. Unspec EE is all you need really (and a Cybils Paw, but I found one which sparked my interest). I was using Incinerate - LMP - Added Chaos - Faster Proj - Echo and was clearing Docks with just a lvl 5 Incinerate Gem (lvl 17-18 other gems).
Last edited by dandan88 on Jul 4, 2014, 4:32:43 PM
"
dandan88 wrote:
Another skill that I've been playing with that works well with this build is Incinerate.

That's something I'm leveling in my swap. As you said, it should work pretty good with this build.
I've made one better skill tree starting as a sion, is more efficient. the tree starting as witch uses around 10 points to get:
8% block
12% max life
20 str
40 dex
10 int
Starting as a sion we can get using the same 10 points:
6% block
60% mana regeneration
1% life regeneration
24% max mana
10% melee physical dmg LOL
10 int

We need more 1 point to get 34% block so we just grab the shield block above fire walker.

link for those who want it:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAAAuMHYwelCGcI9Ax9DkgOXBB0EH8RlhZvGDwZhRoyGmwc3B0UHoEelB7fHwIkPCSqJpUnqSjFKPorDSycLUcvbzGINns2xTbpRX5FnUcGSRtJO0lRSbJLjUw1T1ZQQlFgVUtVxlcrWm1irGvbbRlwfXC7c1N5A3qqfuJ_xoIQgh6Cx4XFh2WMNo9Gj_qTJ5M6mK2a4Jwtnaqio6SxpwinXKmVrD-vt7M_tKO4k70nvrzAVMHzwuzGns9l0NDWndgk2RPbC9vn3FffsONq5Y7mfOvu7BjzvvPd-ej60v8c

BTW congratz for the build!! I will play with it in the 1 month league!
Last edited by snifz0r on Jul 5, 2014, 1:43:58 AM
"
snifz0r wrote:
I've made one better skill tree starting as a sion, is more efficient. the tree starting as witch uses around 10 points to get:
8% block
12% max life
20 str
40 dex
10 int
Starting as a sion we can get using the same 10 points:
8% block
60% mana regeneration
1% life regeneration
24% max mana
10% physical dmg LOL
10 int

link for those who want it:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAACGe-vJM6sz-9J09WGDwe3_nogsco-uvumK24k3qqpwgMfZrg2CSPRhB_RZ02xR0U0NDGnh8C-tJMNc9lBAecLeZ8cH026SjFVcZMs4dlhcWplSSq42rzvhZvLR-vt37iGjIZhW0ZSRsrDVFgGmxFfsHzLJzz3Q5coqNJshB0f8YC43NTCPQc3CepEZYHpcBUB2N5A5Mn8XYtR1ptDkhXKzGI3FdQQiQ8naoelIw2p1xirKw_VUuksewYSVHWnSaV5Y6P-kk72-c2e0cGtKPC7B6BS43_HIIQ37A=

BTW congratz for the build!! I will play with it in the 1 month league!

The extra mana regen does make it possible to drop the aura nodes, especially with all that extra mana, but it also gives you 2% less max res to the element of the Purity aura you use.

You forgot about EB!

Getting enough dex from gear while still having decent resists is actually quite challenging so I wouldn't recommend dropping the little we have. You're right next to a 30 dex node which might be a good idea to pick up if you're going to drop those other dex nodes.

Other than that it looks good! I really appreciate you theorycrafting a tree for the Scion!

Edit: Currently uploading a video of me running a 48% pack size Elemental Reflect Double Boss Shrine Map. It will show that 10 stacks FB is possible against reflect, even on large packs of monsters, but for those that want to be extra safe I'd definitely recommend running Purity of Fire.
Last edited by Redoxe on Jul 5, 2014, 1:09:27 AM
"
yeenzoo wrote:
"
Mothren wrote:
detonate dead especially for atziri runs

Are you sure DD is good choice for Atziri?
You can watch some vids how long it takes on regular DD build. That's definitely no good option for her.

Another issue with DD is, as dandan88 said, non-blockable reflect. When you focus on tankiness, using a skill that can kill you in seems very bad.

DD in the add phase is better to spread proliferation and kill zombies tho. You also wont need to change gems and removes the possibility to screw up.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info