[1.2.0] "Forcefield" - Flameblast - EB/MoM/Block - Atziri & Endgame Viable!

"
Redoxe wrote:
"
snifz0r wrote:
I've made one better skill tree starting as a sion, is more efficient. the tree starting as witch uses around 10 points to get:
8% block
12% max life
20 str
40 dex
10 int
Starting as a sion we can get using the same 10 points:
8% block
60% mana regeneration
1% life regeneration
24% max mana
10% physical dmg LOL
10 int

link for those who want it:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAACGe-vJM6sz-9J09WGDwe3_nogsco-uvumK24k3qqpwgMfZrg2CSPRhB_RZ02xR0U0NDGnh8C-tJMNc9lBAecLeZ8cH026SjFVcZMs4dlhcWplSSq42rzvhZvLR-vt37iGjIZhW0ZSRsrDVFgGmxFfsHzLJzz3Q5coqNJshB0f8YC43NTCPQc3CepEZYHpcBUB2N5A5Mn8XYtR1ptDkhXKzGI3FdQQiQ8naoelIw2p1xirKw_VUuksewYSVHWnSaV5Y6P-kk72-c2e0cGtKPC7B6BS43_HIIQ37A=

BTW congratz for the build!! I will play with it in the 1 month league!

The extra mana regen does make it possible to drop the aura nodes, especially with all that extra mana, but it also gives you 2% less max res to the element of the Purity aura you use.

You forgot about EB!

Getting enough dex from gear while still having decent resists is actually quite challenging so I wouldn't recommend dropping the little we have. You're right next to a 30 dex node which might be a good idea to pick up if you're going to drop those other dex nodes.

Other than that it looks good! I really appreciate you theorycrafting a tree for the Scion!

Edit: Currently uploading a video of me running a 48% pack size Elemental Reflect Double Boss Shrine Map. It will show that 10 stacks FB is possible against reflect, even on large packs of monsters, but for those that want to be extra safe I'd definitely recommend running Purity of Fire.

Thanks man! I've forgot about EB so i just fixed it!!
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAAAuMHYwelCGcI9Ax9DkgOXBB0EH8RlhZvGDwZhRoyGmwc3B0UHoEelB7fHwIkPCSqJpUnqSjFKPorDSycLUcvbzGINns2xTbpRX5FnUcGSRtJO0lRSbJLjUw1T1ZQQlFgVUtVxlcrWm1irGvbbRlwfXC7c1N5A3qqfuJ_xoIQgh6Cx4XFh2WMNo9Gj_qTJ5M6mK2a4Jwtnaqio6SxpwinXKmVrD-vt7M_tKO4k70nvrzAVMHzwuzGns9l0NDWndgk2RPbC9vn3FffsONq5Y7mfOvu7BjzvvPd-ej60v8c

And about the dex requirement we can always drop the chaos resistance and hp node in the purity of flesh cluster for an 30 dex one. 35 dexterity isnt hard to get in one piece of gear so i think that is still fine :D

Last edited by snifz0r on Jul 5, 2014, 5:00:13 AM
"
snifz0r wrote:
And about the dex requirement we can always drop the chaos resistance and hp node in the purity of flesh cluster for an 30 dex one!! with the unique paua amulet we only need 72 dex to equip the lvl 20 arctic armour@@

Oh, but sadly we can't because The Anvil is one of the most important parts of the build! Sure, it's something that can be used early on but once you go full block there's no way that it's even close to as good as The Anvil.

Picking up a 30 dex node puts you at only 4 dex less than my Witch passive tree and that still lets us achieve the required dex for the build if you get a good dex roll on one of the rare items.

"
dandan88 wrote:
Rumi's Concoction? This could potentially save a lot of points for this build. I play with a Granite of Curse Immunity which I could easily switch to my Quicksilver or Ruby Flask, so i'm not really losing anything by using it. You could still cap block without the Deflection notable and the Block cluster below the Shadow tree freeing up 16 points! You could easily go into the Templar tree with those points, pick up Prestigitation, Life + Regen, Faith + Steel. You would still have 64% Block without the Granite up!

I didn't even take into account the Flask nodes in the Witch tree which would increase the block chance even more, meaning you could feasibly drop even more nodes.... that flask is crazy!

The flask appears to be really strong but I like my block to always be there, the build really only works if you have all that block and I wouldn't want to rely on having flask charges all the time. It's something that might work but not something I would personally use.

"
dandan88 wrote:
Another skill that I've been playing with that works well with this build is Incinerate.

That's why I'm going to be using the build for Incinerate during the next 4 month league! Really looking forward to seeing how it compares to Flameblast.

Ball Lightning doesn't look very exciting at the moment but it might be worth it to level a gem in case GGG decides to buff it.

Last edited by Redoxe on Jul 5, 2014, 2:30:16 AM
I just feel your more susceptible to thorns and corrupting blood with Incinerate than Reflect with Flameblast. I've heard Thorns becomes less of a problem as you get stronger, ie you kill quick enough + leech/loh enough for it not to matter, but corrupting blood scares me especially with Echo.. the second you stop attacking it's going to hurt a lot.

I've been running up to 75 maps so far at lvl 77 with only lvl 17 gems in Invasion with this build having only 66% block :D
What is everyone's opinion on the name of the build?

ALL CAPS [√]
OBNOXIOUS [√]
OVER-THE-TOP [√]

Seems to me that it has all the components needed for a great name.

"
dandan88 wrote:
I just feel your more susceptible to thorns and corrupting blood with Incinerate than Reflect with Flameblast. I've heard Thorns becomes less of a problem as you get stronger, ie you kill quick enough + leech/loh enough for it not to matter, but corrupting blood scares me especially with Echo.. the second you stop attacking it's going to hurt a lot.

I've been running up to 75 maps so far at lvl 77 with only lvl 17 gems in Invasion with this build having only 66% block :D

Lightning Thorns shouldn't be much of a problem with 76% spell block, or at least I hope so. Corrupting Blood being so rare yet always a threat scares me as well, I'm afraid that if I play while half asleep I'll die because I didn't notice it in time.

66% block is nothing compared to 78% block. If you pick up the block nodes that you're missing you're going to see a massive improvement to your survivability. You blind more, have a higher chance to proc your IC without getting hurt and you gain more life/mana from the anvil.
Last edited by Redoxe on Jul 5, 2014, 6:57:23 AM
"
ALL CAPS [√]
OBNOXIOUS [√]
OVER-THE-TOP [√]

Love the name. Sounds so badass... OP I am thinking of making a CoC dagger spectral throw build out of your defensive mechanism. I will post my guide if the experiment turns out successful! Thanks again!
Another gem you can use in your Tempest Shield set up which one of my friends was using on another build is Mana Leech. Getting some extra mana back from blocking on top of the Anvil seems really nice, would have to drop Blind though which itself is an OP gem :o
"
shadowfaxpku wrote:
"
ALL CAPS [√]
OBNOXIOUS [√]
OVER-THE-TOP [√]

Love the name. Sounds so badass... OP I am thinking of making a CoC dagger spectral throw build out of your defensive mechanism. I will post my guide if the experiment turns out successful! Thanks again!

Good luck with your CoC build! It was something I was thinking about doing when my build still had crit but I liked Flameblast so much that I stuck with it. Unhost was playing a CoC build the other day and it looked really strong, I just hope that there's points left over after getting max block to make a build like that work.

"
dandan88 wrote:
Another gem you can use in your Tempest Shield set up which one of my friends was using on another build is Mana Leech. Getting some extra mana back from blocking on top of the Anvil seems really nice, would have to drop Blind though which itself is an OP gem :o

It's a great gem but it's so hard to find room for it. For those that are using a 6s 5l where the unlinked gem slot is green, it's easy to just put AA there to get that free gem slot for Mana Leech but when using a 6l you have to give something up for it.

Edit: Recently I've been using Ice Nova instead of Molten Shell in my CWS setup and it's just not as strong. I liked having packs of monsters randomly explode and die. Ice Nova just doesn't compare.

Ice Nova does look really cool if you use the Arctic Ice Nova Microtransaction Effect and because it helps apply EE it doesn't fall too far behind Molten Shell when it comes to clear speed.

With the faster FB from Echo we might not need the CWS to help leech back life so dropping it in favour of a Tempest Shield with Mana Leech and Arctic Armour with Empower might be a good idea. Doing this isn't guaranteed to be better and it's hard to say what's best but it's something worth trying.
Last edited by Redoxe on Jul 6, 2014, 4:18:23 AM
I forgot to share this passive tree that majin came up with for Incinerate, it skips the chance to ignite nodes in the shadow starting area for some more life nodes further down in the tree. Combined dex/str is also higher making gearing less of a hassle. It does lack block/stun recovery but that can be fixed either by picking up one extra passive node or by buying items with the stat.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMBAuMFtQdjB6UI9Ax9DkgOXBB0EH8RlhmFGjIabBrbG60c3B0UHoEelB8CI_YkPCSqJ6koxSycL28xiDbFNuk94j7PRX5FnUjuSRtJUUmySn1LjUw1UUdRYFXGVvpXK1pIWm1irGNDZ6BtGXB9cLtzU3kDeqp_xoIQgh6HZYd2jX2Nv49Gkyea4Jwtnaqfe6KjpwinXKmVqn-quKw_r7e0xbfTuJO95sBUwfPC7Maez2XQ0Nad18vYJNkT2wvcV9-w42rjhOvu7g7v8PF28uHzvvPd-WP60vzF_xw=

Be advised that doing something like this could result in less stuns and therefore less Cast When Stunned procs. I haven't tested this myself but I know for a fact that when I reached certain points of life I would no longer get stunned in lower level maps, 4̶2̶0̶0̶-̶4̶5̶0̶0̶ Edit: 3800 life seem to be a good number for 75+ maps.

Maybe this could make it less risky to pick up items like Doryani's Invitation that doesn't have a life roll?

Now, if Acrobatics and Phase Acrobatics turns out to be viable with high ES gloves/helmet/rings/belt then this route could save you a couple of points because it already travels past it.

Last edited by Redoxe on Jul 9, 2014, 2:32:57 PM
Well I'm running 77 maps now with 3.8k life with few issues atm. I see that tree goes through a Power Charge and into the Ranger area, there's a few wasted points of which I guess isn't terrible but not ideal. I think Block and Stun recovery is extremely important for Incinerate because it interrupts your casting and leeching/life on hit.
I tried this build and it was very fun and strong. one thing i noticed while gearing my character is that i had to drop inner force because it increases the mana drain per second on arctic armour and i wasn't able to sustain in until i had enough mana regen.
Last edited by KirbStar on Jul 6, 2014, 11:45:37 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info