[1.2.0] "Forcefield" - Flameblast - EB/MoM/Block - Atziri & Endgame Viable!

"
dandan88 wrote:
Yah it's only going to get larger, as I said I'm still relatively low lvl 66. Once I equip Rathpith and pick up some extra Defence with Shield nodes I imagine I will have closer to 4k mana/1k free.
With a bit of mana regen on gear, you don't need discipline. The extra regen is not worth the unreserved. 1k is the bare minimum unreserved imo.
"
j0zef wrote:
1k is the bare minimum unreserved imo.

From my experience, there is no need for more than 1000-1200 unreserved mana in normal situations like double courtyard boss etc.
Maybe you mean Atziri?
What sort of Mana Regen should I be looking for without Discipline? At the moment it's 207 without Disc, and leaves me with 526/3109 free after reserving Clarity/PoF/PoL/Tempest Shield.

My passive tree at 68: http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMAAuMHYwelCPQOSA5cEHQRlhZvGYUaMhpsHNwdFB6UHwIkPCSqJpUnqSj6LJwtRzGINj02ezbFNulFfkWdSRtJO0lRSbJQQlFgVUtVxlcrWm1h4mKsbRlwfXC7c1N5A3qqf8aCEIIegseHZYhrjDaPRo_6kyea4Jwtnaqio6cIp1yplaw_r7e0o7iTwFTB889l0NDWndgk2wvcV97237DjauOE53Tr7uwY89356PrS
Last edited by dandan88 on Jul 2, 2014, 11:17:11 AM
"
dandan88 wrote:
What sort of Mana Regen should I be looking for without Discipline? At the moment it's 207 without Disc, and leaves me with 526/3109 free after reserving Clarity/PoF/PoL/Tempest Shield.

My passive tree at 68: http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMAAuMHYwelCPQOSA5cEHQRlhZvGYUaMhpsHNwdFB6UHwIkPCSqJpUnqSj6LJwtRzGINj02ezbFNulFfkWdSRtJO0lRSbJQQlFgVUtVxlcrWm1h4mKsbRlwfXC7c1N5A3qqf8aCEIIegseHZYhrjDaPRo_6kyea4Jwtnaqio6cIp1yplaw_r7e0o7iTwFTB889l0NDWndgk2wvcV97237DjauOE53Tr7uwY89356PrS

I've always thought that my mana regen was much higher than the mana drain from AA but I just checked and I'm actually at 2 mana per second below it, so when I'm using Purity of Lightning I end up losing mana over time.

I guess that standing still to channel FB helps with keeping my mana capped and if I weren't using The Anvil for the mana on block then this would definitely never work.

Discipline puts me at 60 mps over the drain but I've done maps without it just fine.

You're basically in the same situation as me if your AA is level 17. I'm sure you would be better off with more mana regen but it's apparently not something you need.
My AA is only lvl 10 :D Can probably afford to level it up a bit more, but I'm still working with lvl 18 Clarity and haven't picked up Influece in the Shadow Tree. I've yet to decide whether I should get Inner Force or the Sovereignty for 1 extra point. I think I've got a decent amount of Mana from gear, probably going to have to wait until the leagues merge to get new gear.

Last edited by dandan88 on Jul 2, 2014, 12:03:33 PM
"
Redoxe wrote:
I've always thought that my mana regen was much higher than the mana drain from AA but I just checked and I'm actually at 2 mana per second below it

First of all - it's not a problem if your regen is about the same as AA drain, especially when farming solo.

However, that might be a good reason to use +2/3 cold weapon with some mana regen. I'm pretty sure 3-6 lvl higher AA will compensate that 1% leech.
You can also take 2x 20% reg nodes just below "Clear Mind".

Another thing I've noticed is one node Purity of Flesh (%life %chaos res) which should be better to take than the 8% one in witch starting area, i.e. by dropping Ele Equalibirium and one INT node on the way.
Last edited by yeenzoo on Jul 2, 2014, 5:33:00 PM
"
Redoxe wrote:
"
dandan88 wrote:

I've always thought that my mana regen was much higher than the mana drain from AA but I just checked and I'm actually at 2 mana per second below it, so when I'm using Purity of Lightning I end up losing mana over time.

I guess that standing still to channel FB helps with keeping my mana capped and if I weren't using The Anvil for the mana on block then this would definitely never work.

Discipline puts me at 60 mps over the drain but I've done maps without it just fine.

You're basically in the same situation as me if your AA is level 17. I'm sure you would be better off with more mana regen but it's apparently not something you need.

I have about 198.5 Mana regen and I am not using discipline at all.I run clarity/purity of element/tempest shield/AA. I can run a extra element aura but I like to keep my mana pool about 1000. I can probably do so after I grab more life/mana nodes that I left to grab on the bottom of witch tree (lv81 currently)

My gears:
IGN: Rainku_Arc
Echo hype? Once I get my Increased Burning Dmg to 20% and the Blaze node I will drop Chance to Ignite gem and try out Echo in the place of Faster Casting. Also worth trying GMP + Ball Lightning + CWDT/CWS to proc EE.
Last edited by dandan88 on Jul 2, 2014, 11:11:07 PM
Echo hype for sure! At level 8 the gem already results in a faster FB than when using a 20/20 Faster Casting gem. Now, should I stack them both for a 1 second 10 stack FB?

Edit: I'll try to get a video uploaded of me running a reflect map using Echo but I'm leaving town later today so I might not have time.
Last edited by Redoxe on Jul 3, 2014, 3:23:05 AM
Would also a lightning version of this build with ball lightning and max block be viable you think? Might be a good build, although don't know if the damage will compare to flameblast or not.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info