[1.2.0] "Forcefield" - Flameblast - EB/MoM/Block - Atziri & Endgame Viable!

"
shadowfaxpku wrote:
The only change I would suggest is to get some more cast speed but I have not done a careful study into the difference.

I don't think it's worth it, especially with the new support gem, Echo, which is going to synergize with Flameblast pretty much.

I've asked about new ideas that are dangerous to apply in HC, rather than just dropping defensive nods for more DPS. ;-)

Also, I think about picking up Acrobatics along with Phase Acrobatics, but it seems "50% less ES" might make EB kinda useless.
Last edited by yeenzoo on Jul 1, 2014, 10:31:04 AM
"
dandan88 wrote:
Currently lvling this in the last week of Invasion for fun! Lvl 52 at the moment, so a few more to go before things get interesting. I have most of the gear together; Rathpith, Rainbowstrides, 5link Cloak.. except the Catalyst and corrupted amulet. The ammy's are just not available on the HC leagues :( I bought all the ones I could and corrupted but alas..

Thinking of buying the Doryani's Invitation belt as suggested above, and I have a 4% spell block implicit Lazhwar which I will probably try as well... but still I think it'll work out well enough to get into maps.

Sorry to hear that you're having no luck corrupting the amulet. I've added to the guide a warning about how difficult it can be to roll the right corrupted stat. I've also added the Doryani's Invitation belt as sure way of getting Life Leech for the build.

"
shadowfaxpku wrote:
Alrightie i got a 59% rathpith and a 5L cloak... Now it feels like thise aegis based immortal melee builds! I van play maps with one hand while eating some chips with the other! Thanks op for this wonderful guide!

Ps: getting that 5L to go offcolor is damn hard, so i am going with fb - iaoe- fc - ce - chance to ignite as i feel the ignite chane is not high enough..
Pps: that 6L cloak.. Op how did you get your hands on one...

Do you have 20% quality on your Flameblast? 30% chance to ignite from that is what makes it possible to ignore the Chance to Ignite gem. I'm interested to know how the build works without Elemental Proliferation. It's one of the gems I thought would be essential to the build, but then again I never tested playing without it.

I'm sure you'll hit the right colors eventually, you just need to keep throwing Chromatic Orbs at it!

"
rainku wrote:
I was really lucky to 6 linked my cloak of defiance in less than 10 fuses. I dumped about 18 ex to try your build and got almost everything set up on standard (except some quality gems). So far I am loving this build, it is awesome.

Wow, congrats! Big thanks to you and everyone else trying out the build, I'm really happy that you're all enjoying it!
Last edited by Redoxe on Jul 1, 2014, 3:46:49 PM
It costed me almost 1ex in chroms to get BBBBRR LOL
IGN: Rainku_Arc
"
rainku wrote:
It costed me almost 1ex in chroms to get BBBBRR LOL

The RNG gods giveth, and the RNG gods taketh away. ;)

Edit: I just noticed that I had accidentally removed the Soul Nexus MTX from my Clarity in all my videos and the character GIF! Fixed the GIF as fast as I could and I guess I'll also have to remake the videos as well.
Last edited by Redoxe on Jul 1, 2014, 8:06:09 PM
So hyped :o lvl 63 atm, just got my hands on the belt.... this is the rest of my gear.

I think I'm going to be around 3.5k life when I switch over which is a bit low.. need to grab block nodes still and then go down to EE.. thinking about continuing down past Shaper into the Scion Life wheel.

I'm enjoying Chance to Ignite instead of Faster Casting as most things die with 2-4 stacks of Flameblast atm which isn't too bad playstyle-wise.

Also wondering what you usually run as aura set up? I'm guessing Reduced Mana - Clarity - Purity of LIghtning - Purity of Fire, and then Tempest Shield + Reduced Mana + Blind? I'm needing to use Discipline at the moment for Mana Regen (Reduced Mana - Disc - PoF - Clarity) and not able to run Tempest Shield yet... guessing I just need Reduced Mana lvls? Tempting to pick up the Aura nodes in the Templar area instead of Inner Force maybe..
Last edited by dandan88 on Jul 1, 2014, 8:24:41 PM
"
dandan88 wrote:
I think I'm going to be around 3.5k life when I switch over which is a bit low.. need to grab block nodes still and then go down to EE.. thinking about continuing down past Shaper into the Scion Life wheel.

3.5k is a little low but remember that you also have Mind over Matter which should help against one-shot threats. Definitely not optimal but will be enough to make the transition. EE is nice but I would value block/life higher with your current gear.

"
dandan88 wrote:

I'm enjoying Chance to Ignite instead of Faster Casting as most things die with 2-4 stacks of Flameblast atm which isn't too bad playstyle-wise.

I'll have to edit the guide to include this as a valid option. Going to have to try out a few different gem setups to see how I can improve the build even more.

"
dandan88 wrote:
Also wondering what you usually run as aura set up? I'm guessing Reduced Mana - Clarity - Purity of LIghtning - Purity of Fire, and then Tempest Shield + Reduced Mana + Blind? I'm needing to use Discipline at the moment for Mana Regen (Reduced Mana - Disc - PoF - Clarity) and not able to run Tempest Shield yet... guessing I just need Reduced Mana lvls? Tempting to pick up the Aura nodes in the Templar area instead of Inner Force maybe..

I always run Tempest Shield and Clarity. I used to have to run Discipline like you to be able to run AA but once my gear improved and I picked up a couple more mana nodes I found that I could switch it for either Purity of Lightning or Fire. (I can't go Purity of Fire because I locked the colors of my shield with a Vaal Orb...)

You should really try to get %mana regen on your rings so that you can drop Discipline for one of the resist auras.

So, since you have AA in your 6s 5l CoD there's basically two options:

Option 1: I would go with Tempest Shield, Blind, Reduced Mana in a 3l and then Discipline, Clarity and Reduced Mana in your other 3l. This means you get to put your Molten Shell Cast When Stunned setup in a 4l. After that it's up to you what you want to put in your extra gem slot, be it another support for Molten Shell, Ice Nova to activate EE, a curse or Devouring Totem/Regeneration Totem.

Option 2: Keep everything as it is and put any gem or vaal gem in the slot that you wouldn't want to be automatically cast.

Last edited by Redoxe on Jul 2, 2014, 7:54:17 AM
Got a bit of a gearing issue at the moment, meaning I have to run Purity of Fire as well to keep my Fire Resist capped. I think I just need a few more levels to really evaluate things - I'm still using Crest of Perandus :D

I think I currently have around 150 mana regen per second, and running a lvl 9 Arctic Armour with around 600 Mana to spare (3000 mana pool) lvl 63.
Just remember to watch out for chaos degen! At least until you can get some chaos resist on your items or improve your life.
Last edited by Redoxe on Jul 1, 2014, 9:30:06 PM
"
dandan88 wrote:
around 600 Mana to spare (3000 mana pool)

Keep in mind that 500-600 mana is a minimum to work properly with MoM (especially for 40%).
Yah it's only going to get larger, as I said I'm still relatively low lvl 66. Once I equip Rathpith and pick up some extra Defence with Shield nodes I imagine I will have closer to 4k mana/1k free.
Last edited by dandan88 on Jul 2, 2014, 7:28:50 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info