[1.2.0] "Forcefield" - Flameblast - EB/MoM/Block - Atziri & Endgame Viable!

will definitely try this out :D
kudos on the build
That's... unexpectedly tanky.

So you have 2% leech?
And basically no armour, no evasion, just capped resists? And no great EHP pool either.

IC and Spell Block seem rather broken/OP, don't you think?

What is a threat to you, what does make it through the AA+MoM+block? Other than chaos/bleed degen?
Last edited by ProudLikeAGod on Jun 29, 2014, 5:23:15 AM
"
How optimal would this build be as a templar? can you post a tree for me?

I would probably do something like this. Witch is probably better because you get the flask nodes which help negate reflect and becomes really powerful when doing Atziri. Increased area of effect from the Templar is nice to have so it's not all worse.

"
ProudLikeAGod wrote:
That's... unexpectedly tanky.

So you have 2% leech?
And basically no armour, no evasion, just capped resists? And no great EHP pool either.

IC and Spell Block seem rather broken/OP, don't you think?

What is a threat to you, what does make it through the AA+MoM+block? Other than chaos/bleed degen?

When I do maps with stacked damage mods I usually drop down in life and mana but that's nothing compared to degen effects. You can also see me take some damage in the 77 Shipyard Map. I don't suffer much from puncture because they actually have to hit me to make me bleed and more than half the time I've got Immortal Call up which negates it completely.

The chaos leaper invasion boss is probably the most dangerous enemy I've encountered. Other than that maybe Bear Trap, it does go through block but at least I get to reduce some of it with Mind over Matter.
Last edited by Redoxe on Jun 29, 2014, 9:24:09 AM
i was watching some of your videos again and was wondering,
how do you manage to have almost 6 seconds on your immortal call?
forgive the noob question
why Cast When Stunned not Cast on damage taken?
"Is there such a thing as an absolute, timeless enemy? There is no such thing, and never has been. And the reason
is that our enemies are human beings like us. They can only be our enemies in relative terms."
"
i was watching some of your videos again and was wondering,
how do you manage to have almost 6 seconds on your immortal call?
forgive the noob question

"
kamil1210 wrote:
why Cast When Stunned not Cast on damage taken?

With Cast When Stunned I'm able to run level 20 gems and even though my Immortal Call isn't yet leveled to 20 and my Increased Duration doesn't have 20% quality I still reach 5-6 second duration Immortal Calls.

Since I get stunned so much with my high amount of block, that means CWS will proc more often than CWDT. There's also the bonus of it being able to activate without me taking any damage, I can go from IC to IC and not have any of the hits hurt me in between.

Thanks op for the excellent build and guide. I repeced a lvl 69 witch and it goes very well. I am levelling her to lvl 75 so she can carry the doryani scepter, but even now with a mediocre scepter she is running lvl 70 maps with no problem.

One question pls - how to achieve 76% spell block? You have 78% physical attack block and 85% of that is transfered to spell block which should yield to less than 60%.. So i guess i am missing something here?
"
shadowfaxpku wrote:
Thanks op for the excellent build and guide. I repeced a lvl 69 witch and it goes very well. I am levelling her to lvl 75 so she can carry the doryani scepter, but even now with a mediocre scepter she is running lvl 70 maps with no problem.

One question pls - how to achieve 76% spell block? You have 78% physical attack block and 85% of that is transfered to spell block which should yield to less than 60%.. So i guess i am missing something here?

Thank you! I'm glad you like the build.

To answer your question, you get 12% of Block Chance applied to Spells from one of the block nodes at top left side of the tree. What's really strange about it is that if you calculate it you get 75.66% spell block but it rounds up. Never before have I encountered the rounding to be beneficial, so I was surprised to see it work like that.

If you keep leveling and improving your gear/gems you will see that even small changes make you much more powerful, all thanks to the synergy between the items and stats.
Last edited by Redoxe on Jun 29, 2014, 11:17:28 PM
+1, really solid build, I'd love to try that. Good job!

How do you feel about introduction of the new support gem, Echo?

It should greatly increase the DPS and remove the biggest "pain in the ass" part of this build - Flameblast's slow casting speed.

The new update is going to be a huge buff there.
Last edited by yeenzoo on Jun 30, 2014, 6:51:56 AM
I watched the shipyard clip and you do end up one-shotting most but at the same time you could just not charge 10 stacks of flameblast each time and actually let the burn do its job. It does feel a bit wasteful to use ele prolif and inc burning if you instead spend the time to channel enough stacks to one-shot. It's impossible for me to say if casting smaller blasts and moving more would increase your clear speed or not but maybe try it out.

For hardcore I would try using conc effect 24/7, cast smaller blasts on targets that are going to get ele equilibrium hit from you blocking (close targets or ranged attackers), and then let the burn prolif to others. Since the initial hit will hopefully be on equilibrium target and most others will not get hit by the flameblast that should mean you get the maximum initial hit while avoiding +resists on the other targets that get prolif'd.

Are you not using Doryani's Invitation because it has no life or is there some other reason? If you did and you still wanted 2% fire leech, you could drop the leech from the Anvil and corrupt it to +block instead. Even just +2 block would allow you to remove 3 passives above the witch starting area.

Also I don't think the molten shell setup you have is really worth the gem slots. The small amount of armor probably makes no difference and it exploding only procs equilibrium. The defenses of this build are insane without the leech too.

If I were to do this build in the new hardcore league and were able to eventually obtain +block Anvil I might use a tree like this. It's 2 points more than your build but one of those is 16 chaos resist node that you didn't have either so really it's just 1 point more. I'd probably take shaper after that or maybe before while dropping some other nodes.

[Edit: or just use the build with 1% under block cap without the corrupted Anvil by taking the 1% block node under holy fire]

I have never used cast when stunned and while I'm sure it works well (and has some nice benefits) I would still personally go with CWDT. I didn't really spend too much time thinking this through but links would look something like this:

6: flameblast, prolif, inc burning, fire pen, chance to ignite, conc effect
4: cwdt 1, enduring, immortal, inc duration
4: reduced mana, tempest shield, blind, purity of fire
4: faster casting, ele weakness, enhance + 1 (defensive curse? Like it needs one =))
3: lightning warp, reduced duration, faster casting
2/1: empower, AA - clarity

Clarity separate from empower. Reduced mana only lowers clarity's mana reserved by like a 120 which in this build is not that big of a deal.

No faster casting. I have no idea how well that would work but it shouldn't be necessary to cast more than a couple of stacks of flameblast to clear white packs. Using chance to ignite would mean not having to use flammability so the build would work a bit better in a party.

Using enhance is possible with ele weakness and we have the slots so why not. You could also condense lightning warp in to the curse link while dropping enhance and reduced duration and then use a 3 link for some vaal skill. Or maybe put reduced mana, clarity and purity of lightning in to the 3 link and then change purity aura depending on map mods / boss fight.

Empower + AA in a weapon with +skills while gearing up would work extremely well. Empower and AA with inner force probably give more extra survivability than your molten shell link does.

Last edited by ddvl on Jun 30, 2014, 8:18:43 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info