[1.2.0] "Forcefield" - Flameblast - EB/MoM/Block - Atziri & Endgame Viable!

Currently at 80 level, I really enjoy playing with this build.

Even with 5L, Flameblast is so powerfull that you can clear high level maps really smooth. In just couple of levels, I'm going to try it on Atziri.

Tree:
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMAAuMG6QdjB6UI9AkhDkgOXBB0EZYZhRoyGmwc3B0UHoEelB8CJDwkqiaVJ2EnqSjFLJwtRy9vMYg2PTZ7NsU26UV-RwZJG0k7SVFJskuNTDVQQlFgVUtVxlcrWm1h4mKsbRlwfXC7c1N5A37if8aCEIIehcWHZYhrjDaPRo_6kyecLZ2qoqOksacIp1yplaw_r7e0o8BUwfPC7M9l0NDWndgk2RPaPdsL2-fcV97237DjauOE5Y7mfOd07BjxdvO-89360v8c

I will probably go for Holy Fire (burning; 4 points) instead of Ele Equalibirium (2 points), maybe even before Inner Force and HP/Mana nodes.
I also took "Life and Chaos resistance" node, next to Purity of Flesh for that extra 4% chaos res.

Gear:
Spoiler

As you can see, I keep my Immortal Call in CWDT setup instead of CWS. For me, it works better as it triggers way more often when facing mobs with lower dmg.
There is also Discipline aura, although I don't need to use it anymore - I'll put Purity of Lightning instead soon.

Stats:
I'm currently at about 4k HP and 2,85k mana, of which about 1,4k is unreserved. Running Clarity, Tempest Shield and Purity of Fire.

With hybrid HP/Mana nodes near Ele Equalibirium and some mana/ES on jewellery, I should be able to run Puirty of Lightning and still maintain more than 1-1,1k unresevred mana for MoM.

Since most of my damage comes from burning (and it will increase even more with Holy Fire), I might drop Purity of Fire in the future, but I'm not sure yet.

Last edited by yeenzoo on Jul 15, 2014, 6:21:27 PM
"
yeenzoo wrote:
-

Glad to see you putting the items to good use.

As for CWDT vs CWS, it's something that even after testing I can't say for sure which one is best. In lower level maps while I was building my base I found that my CWS would hardly ever proc, this was especially true once I picked up the last life nodes and when running maps without any damage mods.

The situations where CWS outshines CWDT is when doing high level maps with damage mods and since that's where you're most likely to die I chose CWS over CWDT. For the second boss fight in the Apex of Sacrifice you would definitely want CWS or self cast the Immortal Call because you need the levels on your gems to make it last longer than the cooldown on Enduring Cry.

So there's nothing wrong with using CWDT but keep in mind that it's not going to be optimal for the hardest content.

I would prefer having that extra mana over running a second purity aura just like most life builds wouldn't want to reserve a large portion of their life.

I never got around to testing this in the Apex of Sacrifice but for the second boss fight I would want to see if dropping Elemental Prolif so that you can have an easier time picking off the right targets and keep the minions up to heal you since AA reduces their damage and The Anvil gives life/mana on block would be worth it.

You'd lose the free flask charges which can help out immensely but maybe you won't need them as much with The Anvil doing work. If you leave the Dual Striker up for last instead of the rain girl you'd also have a much easier time.

Anyway, good luck with Atziri and acquiring that 6l (I know it's not necessary but it's so much fun to play with the different support gem combinations that this build has access to).

For Atziri - especially the trio - I'm going to buy another gloves (they are relatively cheap) with the same stats, so I can just swap for CWS/manual IC setup.

"
Redoxe wrote:
and acquiring that 6l

Damage is good enough with 5L, although 6L seems usefull for Atziri fight, so I will probably buy it in the future.
Hello,
can someone take some tips for me how i can improve my dps... Now its only 1k dps in game.
I folowed the same passive tree, now im 78lvl, missing some shield points.
Thanks
My gear:
Spoiler

Well your Flameblast is only level 18.

Last edited by Redoxe on Jul 17, 2014, 6:21:49 PM
"
Hello,
can someone take some tips for me how i can improve my dps... Now its only 1k dps in game.
I folowed the same passive tree, now im 78lvl, missing some shield points.
Thanks
My gear:
Spoiler

Sorry! The extra DPS was from using Concentrated Effect. I've edited the guide to include the average DPS and casts per second using Echo instead.

1k DPS is fine. That's a little less than what I had with a level 20 gem. The DPS goes up by quite a bit from the 110% more spell damage per charge and that's not even counting the burn which is a big part of the build.
"
Now its only 1k dps in game.

That's not for flameblast imo. Keep in mind that your primary source of damage is proliferated burning.

By the way - I've slightly changed my tree. This build has tons of defenses, so why don't increase clearing speed with barely any cost?
Tree:
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMAAuMG6QdjB6UI9AkhDkgOXBB0EZYZhRoyGmwc3B0UHoEelB8CJDwkqiaVJ2EnqSjFLJwtRy9vMYg2PTbFNulFfkcGSRtJUUmyS41MNVBCUWBVS1XGVytabWHiYqxtGXB9cLtzU3kDfuJ_xoIQgh6FxYdliGuMNo9Gj_qTJ5wtnaqio6SxpwinXKmVrD-vt8BUwfPC7M9l0NDWndgk2RPaPdsL2-fcV97237DjauOE5Y7mfOd07BjxdvO-89360v8cna4SaRcccXk22O-FiBvsVQ==

Basicly, I dropped one life cluster (3x 8%) and went for Holy Fire (burning). I'm also going to take Immolation. That .4% HP regen seems to be a nice bonus if you don't like using potions at all.

Now I'm at 3800 HP instead of 4k+, but mapping is even easier, as I rarely have to charge my Flameblast. Most of mobs instantly die to burning, even when it has only one charge.

I don't use Purity of Fire anymore, so there is a lot of additional unreserved mana for MoM.

Last edited by yeenzoo on Jul 17, 2014, 8:23:46 PM
"
yeenzoo wrote:

Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMAAuMG6QdjB6UI9AkhDkgOXBB0EZYZhRoyGmwc3B0UHoEelB8CJDwkqiaVJ2EnqSjFLJwtRy9vMYg2PTbFNulFfkcGSRtJUUmyS41MNVBCUWBVS1XGVytabWHiYqxtGXB9cLtzU3kDfuJ_xoIQgh6FxYdliGuMNo9Gj_qTJ5wtnaqio6SxpwinXKmVrD-vt8BUwfPC7M9l0NDWndgk2RPaPdsL2-fcV97237DjauOE5Y7mfOd07BjxdvO-89360v8cna4SaRcccXk22O-FiBvsVQ==

Just a quick improvement, drop 4x 10 int nodes and replace them with the two power charge nodes. Even though they give you nothing you save 2 points so it's worth it.

Are you using Chance to Ignite when doing 1 stack Flameblasts or do you find it to be manageable with just the 64% ignite chance?

I really like seeing all these changes and improvements to the build that's being posted in this thread. Looking forward to testing everything myself.
am i missing something? I took all the block nodes and i have a rathpith, but i have have 76% block. where is the last 2%

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info