[1.2.0] "Forcefield" - Flameblast - EB/MoM/Block - Atziri & Endgame Viable!

"
The_Sin wrote:
am i missing something? I took all the block nodes and i have a rathpith, but i have have 76% block. where is the last 2%

Hmm, this is quite the mystery. My guess is that you've either picked up one extra block node and aren't using Tempest Shield or that you didn't take the one 2% block node near the Witch starting area.

Could you go to your character on this site, click on "Passive Tree" and then post the link here in the thread?

Edit: Currently uploading a video of me doing a Vulnerability, Monster Damage, Shocked Ground 77 map. Recorded it before Echo so sadly it's only going to be useful for showcasing the defense of this build.
Last edited by Redoxe on Jul 20, 2014, 4:03:18 AM
Killed atziri in 1 month SC with this build though with less skill points as im only lvl 85 and might be a little reworking in gear and tree so i could pull it off. Works well but as i only have 60ish block its much harder and cannot do atziri without dying yet.

Gear:

Any advice on pulling it off with less gear?
Last edited by ThePuppet on Jul 20, 2014, 8:38:53 AM
"
ThePuppet wrote:
Killed atziri in 1 month SC with this build though with less skill points as im only lvl 85 and might be a little reworking in gear and tree so i could pull it off. Works well but as i only have 60ish block its much harder and cannot do atziri without dying yet.

Gear:

Any advice on pulling it off with less gear?

Your block should be higher at level 85, with all the uniques you should prioritize block over other stats. What does your passive tree look like?

I'm impressed that you already have the uniques this early in the 1 month but it's also unfortunate that there aren't many perfectly rolled Rathpith or Rainbowstride and if they exist they're going to be more expensive. It's a 5% difference in spell block between your rolls and perfect ones which does make a big difference.

If you've picked up EE then make sure you attack the spear thrower in the split phase as that's the one who will activate it the most.

Using Enfeeble is one way to reduce the damage you are taking and if you cannot stand still tanking all the hits then move around more. Don't be afraid to use all your flask charges and then go back to town to recharge.
Last edited by Redoxe on Jul 20, 2014, 1:07:08 PM
Yeah i got a bit lucky, done 2 runs in a row now without dying. Never played flameblast before so i think it might be my fault for not realising what to do. I attack the spear user and can do split phase as long as she gets ignited if i get unlucky and she never ignites its quite hard. I only have 3600 life as well but cannot find any items to buy with higher life with the stats i need

Here is my passive tree

Passive Tree
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMAAuMHYwelCPQOSA5cEHQRlhJpFxwXLxmFGYoaMhpsGo8c3B0UHaoelCQ8JKomlSepKMUo-iycLUcxiDbpPI5FfkWdRnFJG0lRSbJMNVBCUWBVS1XGVdZWLVcrV8labWKsZOdtGW-ecH1wu3F5c1N5A3qqfll_xoCkghCCHoMJh2WMNo9GkyeYrZrgm7Wdqp2uoqOksacIp1yplaw_rH-vt7QMuJPAVMHzwzrKSs9l0NDWndsL3FffsOGI42rlGeWO6rrr7vO-89322vrS-wk=
Last edited by ThePuppet on Jul 20, 2014, 11:51:02 AM
"
ThePuppet wrote:
Yeah i got a bit lucky, done 2 runs in a row now without dying. Never played flameblast before so i think it might be my fault for not realising what to do. I attack the spear user and can do split phase as long as she gets ignited if i get unlucky and she never ignites its quite hard. I only have 3600 life as well but cannot find any items to buy with higher life with the stats i need

Here is my passive tree

Passive Tree
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMAAuMHYwelCPQOSA5cEHQRlhJpFxwXLxmFGYoaMhpsGo8c3B0UHaoelCQ8JKomlSepKMUo-iycLUcxiDbpPI5FfkWdRnFJG0lRSbJMNVBCUWBVS1XGVdZWLVcrV8labWKsZOdtGW-ecH1wu3F5c1N5A3qqfll_xoCkghCCHoMJh2WMNo9GkyeYrZrgm7Wdqp2uoqOksacIp1yplaw_rH-vt7QMuJPAVMHzwzrKSs9l0NDWndsL3FffsOGI42rlGeWO6rrr7vO-89322vrS-wk=

That looks interesting! Which auras do you run and what's your mana & mana regen at?

I would value block nodes much higher than aura nodes but aura nodes aren't that bad, it's one of the ways I would continue my passive tree on the road to level 100. I'm 100% sure that you would see a large increase in survivability if you dropped the aura nodes and went with block.

Even if you reach level 100 you would have to respec out of something to get all the block you need.
Last edited by Redoxe on Jul 20, 2014, 1:06:53 PM
I run purity of lightning/fire/cold, Tempest shield and Clarity. With them all on i have about 1100 mana but i want to drop cold but cannot because of resists right now. I run a Rumi flask which means i can max block when i really need it but i havent done a max block build before but have done high resists so i thought they would be more effective. 330ish mana regen
Last edited by ThePuppet on Jul 20, 2014, 1:23:13 PM
"
ThePuppet wrote:
I run purity of lightning/fire/cold, Tempest shield and Clarity. With them all on i have about 1100 mana but i want to drop cold but cannot because of resists right now. I run a Rumi flask which means i can max block when i really need it but i havent done a max block build before but have done high resists so i thought they would be more effective. 330ish mana regen

Rumi's might be enough when doing maps where you're not always in danger but I think you would benefit more from having a constant high block when doing Atziri. I completely forgot about that flask, the way you chose to do the build makes more sense now.

Once you get your resistance problems fixed you should consider switching to block nodes instead. It's going to require better gear but if you plan on doing more Atziri runs then it's going to be worth it.

Last edited by Redoxe on Jul 20, 2014, 2:22:46 PM
"
ThePuppet wrote:
done high resists so i thought they would be more effective.

Well, that's definitely wrong.

The reason why you are trying to have your block as high as possible is because difference between 60 and 80 is the same as between 0 and 50 - you effectively double your block.

Also, I would drop Purity of Ice asap, as it's useless in the endgame.
doing this build in the 1 month, so gcp is limited, what are the most important gems to work on?
I would focus on Flameblast itself (30% Chance to Ignite) and Increased Burning Damage (10% Chance to Ignite) and Spell Echo (10% Spell Damage) in that order (probably). Quality Molten Shell is very nice (30% Chance to Ignite) too.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info