Speedy Puncture + Pierce Split Arrow / Reflect Safe or Glass Cannon / Level 100 & Uber Atziri Farmer

Hi precaso,

I am not sure which weapon to choose, can I have some advice from you?

1st weapon

2nd weapon

a

I'm wondering which is better, first one has high pdps, second one, low but with higher crit, appreciate of anyone could enlighten me..
hows mfing works with this build? still good clearing speed and good amount of iir/iiq?
IGN: Desu_, Sydvest, Enyce
"
AgentTrack wrote:
Hi precaso,

I am not sure which weapon to choose, can I have some advice from you?

1st weapon

2nd weapon

a

I'm wondering which is better, first one has high pdps, second one, low but with higher crit, appreciate of anyone could enlighten me..

Thicket. Harbinger is about 185 pdps with 7.35 crit chance and thicket has about 300pdps with 5% crit chance. The thicket has nearly double the pdps, which makes up for the 2.35 lower base crit chance very nicely.

"
vekara wrote:
hows mfing works with this build? still good clearing speed and good amount of iir/iiq?

Haven't tried it, but I'd imagine you'd need very good mf gear that still has important stats to make it feel smooth.
I got a shavs drop last week and just now the game served up a crown of eyes. I feel like it's telling me something!

Earlier in the thread Feyith suggested that these items might make a good adaptation of this build. I imagine it would require radical changes though as wouldn't you need ES nodes and quite a bit more int? You also might need to switch over to ES based gloves and boots, and the stat priorities on the gear would change as well.

Anyone have any thoughts on this?
IGNs

Standard: Gyakufu | Gyakufuu
Warbands: Tsukikage
Tempest: Yamakage
"
Precaso wrote:
"
plasticeyes wrote:
i started out with RoA but switched to SA+chain. I find it definitely clears mobs faster. What is your experience so far ?

If mobs are packed close together, I feel like it's very powerful, especially with conc effect. Its weakness is when mobs are spread out. I think getting lots of AoE would fix that though.

But it's still a lot of fun, and a nice change up.

well i'll have to give it a try again. doh! i've been leveling up a quality lightning arrow to try instead of continuing to level my RoA. Drat. Well, gotta put that back in the alt slot :-)

BTW i'm using

puncture/increased phy damage/increased crit damage/faster attacks/empower

i substituted empower for added fire.

it's level 2 empower, so i'm "only" getting +1 level, but i've really noticed a difference.

could anyone comment on other combinations i might try ?

thanks!
I did some very initial theorycrafting and came up with this skeleton for an ES based version of the build to use lowlife/shavs/COE:

https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgYA_5MeGtIZKlvW0bVIbWwaj_ba-wkZipu1UzXEopcGLYP-yKfU3BWhpCT94dvVAOdUoJ851G_yMHxRRz7Pveb5YxXw1op_K8qpdvcx-iF2lQV31__eGdUzDPlWd9SGzrEwBbWNv7469UsQe9sawQArCrTFY0Py4cLsX2pHBuOEcFJw1cBR8-qH2xa_62OZmhEvtvd714_62-fDbewYXvqdo_yrEZYvb9kTcLu4yjt8D8Sio3_G

There are likely inefficiencies in there that I haven't rooted out yet -- it's very preliminary and only uses 90 points. Since you wouldn't be using Oak in normal that'd be the equivalent of a level 72 character.

If we assume that you get enough int to get to the minimum 180 required for Shavs and that you are using Auxium, then this skeleton represents about 2800 ES if you run Discipline. That probably isn't enough and would need to be expanded on with additional gear (I'm assuming nothing from boots, gloves, rings, or amulet here) or additional points in the skill tree, although you do have to go pretty far to get more ES nodes.

Defensively, the loss of Acrobatics is a pretty big blow.

Offensively, you gain Pain Attunement which should be a huge DPS boost. There are a few damage nodes that I've skipped as well, but they are easily reachable. Additionally, you can squeeze more out of your CoE by picking up some of the juicy spell damage nodes that are easy to reach. You get a massive attack speed boost out of Blood Frenzy and the Frenzy charges. Note that the Frenzy charges give you a nice evasion boost too. Blood Frenzy should also solve any leech problems pretty much by itself, with an additional boost from CoE.

Ideas for further expansion:

1. Spend 10 points grabbing the additional power charge node north of witch and the nearby ES nodes. This will give another 34% ES, another power charge and an additional 24% damage from our 6 power charges.

2. Spend 7 points to move down to the aura cluster near scion for an extra -5% mana reservation and 8% aura effect. You can also pick up Harrier for 1 point for more attack and movement speed. If you like to party you can pick up Conduit for 1 point. You can also nab Clear Mind for a point. From here, you can invest up to 8 more points in ES nodes with the option of another 16% spell damage for an additional point. Total points: 7-18

EDIT: In order to hit about 4000 ES without the help of boots or gloves you'd need to do both of the above, picking up at least 5 nodes from the southern "circle of ES". If you get high ES boots and gloves, you can hit 4000 ES without taking any more ES nodes at all.

SECOND EDIT: Removed the idiotic bit about Alpha's Howl where I forgot that we are already wearing CoE.
IGNs

Last edited by swarmofseals on Jul 30, 2014, 4:56:38 PM
"
swarmofseals wrote:
I got a shavs drop last week and just now the game served up a crown of eyes. I feel like it's telling me something!

Earlier in the thread Feyith suggested that these items might make a good adaptation of this build. I imagine it would require radical changes though as wouldn't you need ES nodes and quite a bit more int? You also might need to switch over to ES based gloves and boots, and the stat priorities on the gear would change as well.

Some problems you may find about shav+coe+bow:
-a big part of ES you would need comes from offhand. You cant use 400+ES shield, but you can use soul strike quiver. You wont get good defense from it though, and damage cant be compared to the awesome drillneck quiver
-you need big spell damage to make good use of coe. bows can't get it anywhere. Low life ST usually can get 150%+ spell dmg even without righteous fire, thats why they use coe
-puncture isn't the best skill for low life buffs
-harbinger isn't the best bow for low life (reflect mitigation, overall speed), windripper can do much better

"
marcosyy87 wrote:
"
swarmofseals wrote:

Some problems you may find about shav+coe+bow:
-a big part of ES you would need comes from offhand. You cant use 400+ES shield, but you can use soul strike quiver. You wont get good defense from it though, and damage cant be compared to the awesome drillneck quiver
-you need big spell damage to make good use of coe. bows can't get it anywhere. Low life ST usually can get 150%+ spell dmg even without righteous fire, thats why they use coe
-puncture isn't the best skill for low life buffs
-harbinger isn't the best bow for low life (reflect mitigation, overall speed), windripper can do much better

Ohh, sure. The point isn't to come up with the best possible CoE build (which would almost certainly be a spectral throw build), but rather to see if this build could be improved if you happened to have access to these items.

I just did some theorycrafting above and while I think you are correct that not getting ES from a shield would be a problem, I do think you can get enough ES without it. Getting 4-6k ES should be doable. I'm currently running with 3700 life with no problems despite only having a mediocre bow.

And you are certainly correct that modifying this build would not get optimal use out of CoE -- you'd probably only get maybe 50-80% spell damage from the tree -- but the big draw is Pain Attunement. 30% MORE damage is enormous.
IGNs

Your big problem will probably be reflect. With low life comes low eva, which makes physical reflect really hard to evade consistently. I just had a discussion in game with someone who ran into this exact problem.
Ranger builds list: /917964
When two witches watch two watches, which witch watches which watch?
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Watching witches watch watches is not for the faint of heart...
"
swarmofseals wrote:

Ohh, sure. The point isn't to come up with the best possible CoE build (which would almost certainly be a spectral throw build), but rather to see if this build could be improved if you happened to have access to these items.

I just did some theorycrafting above and while I think you are correct that not getting ES from a shield would be a problem, I do think you can get enough ES without it. Getting 4-6k ES should be doable. I'm currently running with 3700 life with no problems despite only having a mediocre bow.

And you are certainly correct that modifying this build would not get optimal use out of CoE -- you'd probably only get maybe 50-80% spell damage from the tree -- but the big draw is Pain Attunement. 30% MORE damage is enormous.

Not worth the money IMO though, as you can probably do better using barrage+soul strike, which is like another build. Or even better with piscator, to be honest.

But yeah, certainly can be done. The results would be still be satisfactory. I was farming 78's with 5K ES using rathpith globe, shield with bad ES. Not hard to get that much

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info