Munsie's Fire Trap Marauder [Level 100 HC] [1.3 Update]

"
Holy shit... I've been following this guide on Bloodlines and just saw you hit 100 on HC via reddit, grats!

Ty!

Just goes to show you picked the right guide to follow, eh? :)
IGN: CorpsejackMenace
Congratulations on reaching 100! Quite impressive.
I was thinking about finally giving myself a nudge and start a decent HC character. So far i have been avoiding it since my connection sometimes gives me lags and spikes that lead to my death quite to often.

If you had the chance now would you start marauder again? I played a bit around with the skilltree, the only thing i am worried is clever construction really. I dont know how bad it is to play trap without it, can you share some insight there?
Ciao!
"
marvtobi wrote:
Congratulations on reaching 100! Quite impressive.
I was thinking about finally giving myself a nudge and start a decent HC character. So far i have been avoiding it since my connection sometimes gives me lags and spikes that lead to my death quite to often.

If you had the chance now would you start marauder again? I played a bit around with the skilltree, the only thing i am worried is clever construction really. I dont know how bad it is to play trap without it, can you share some insight there?

There's no way to get Clever Construction and be even close to as tanky as I am currently. So no, if I had the chance I wouldn't change. Outside of arc mages and the occasional storm-type skill, I basically stopped noticing that my traps could be destroyed.

The only class I'd ever switch to is Templar, if only because it would make leveling a bit easier because you get access to ele/fire/AOE nodes a bit sooner. As a Templar you could consider going mana-based and running clarity+vitality instead of taking the BM keystone.
Thank you for the answer, I will consider that. Good to know about clever construction.
Ciao!
I was looking at the passive tree you posted on page 1, how would the templar tree look because I didnt see you use the templar starting nodes.

thank you
This would be for the non-BM (vita+clarity) Templar start.

If you wanted to be a Templar, but still get BM, you'd just swap out a life node for BM, or you could take the shorter path to Celestial Punishment. :)
The passive tree on the first page has a mistake - you take 3 x 0.4% life regen nodes in Scion start yet ignore 3 x (0.4 life regen + 15% mana regen) nodes in Templarr start, which should be taken instead.
Increasing Field of View in PoE: /1236921
"
The passive tree on the first page has a mistake - you take 3 x 0.4% life regen nodes in Scion start yet ignore 3 x (0.4 life regen + 15% mana regen) nodes in Templarr start, which should be taken instead.

It's not a mistake. I'm Blood Magic. Mana regen doesn't do anything. In the past when I've taken hp/mana hybrid nodes, people have been like "bro that's inefficient, you're blood magic!" Seems I can't win. :)
Also at the scion regen theres that extra 1% regen node from shaper. Win win.
You can also take both scion and templar regen if you want. Thanks for the tree for templar!
Ciao!
Why did you decide to go Blood Magic btw?

With 3 templar regen nodes you can have 115% mana regen just from tree + rings can have 60% each, amulet probably too, can't remember.
Combined with Clarity shouldn't it be enough to have at least one more aura going? Like Determination / Vitality or any Putity?

Even if this won't be enough changing 2 life nodes to Righteous Decree should help a lot.
Increasing Field of View in PoE: /1236921
Last edited by Shajirr on Jan 8, 2015, 10:56:24 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info