Munsie's Fire Trap Marauder [Level 100 HC] [1.3 Update]

I have been looking for a build to play in the new hc league. This build is very fun, trying it out in standard right now on my old rf marauder. Any tips on leveling in hc with it? Should I get Searing Touch asap or lvl with something else? I played a puncture archer in beyond, so this is kinda outside of my usual play style, exactly what I was looking for. Any early tips would be appreciated. I need to pick a class to use as well, definitely something that can reach clever construction while still having a lot of life. Thanks.
🐢
"
Koheleth wrote:
I have been looking for a build to play in the new hc league. This build is very fun, trying it out in standard right now on my old rf marauder. Any tips on leveling in hc with it? Should I get Searing Touch asap or lvl with something else? I played a puncture archer in beyond, so this is kinda outside of my usual play style, exactly what I was looking for. Any early tips would be appreciated. I need to pick a class to use as well, definitely something that can reach clever construction while still having a lot of life. Thanks.

If you can get your hands on a Searing Touch early, I'd just level with Fire Trap. You could even make do with a +1 fire scepter for a while. That said, you may find it easier to level with Flameblast or Searing Bond.

If you want to reach Clever Construction, you'll need to start as a Templar or Shadow... The problem is you'll end up missing out on a lot of life and life regen to reach it. You won't be nearly as tanky.
IGN: CorpsejackMenace
Looking forward your updates when 1.3 hits. I'll probably start with this build in Bloodline.. =)
I have been doing well with this build in bloodlines, currently lvl 56.

I'm wondering, when do you take blood magic keystone ? I now have 2k6 HP (because my gear is very bad, I have taken a lot of life nodes) and 222 life/sec. Is it ok for blood magic keystone ?

By the way, does the blood magic keystone increase man cost of skills like the blood magic gem ?
Last edited by Miriemos on Dec 18, 2014, 10:04:21 AM
"
Miriemos wrote:

I'm wondering, when do you take blood magic keystone ? I now have 2k6 HP (because my gear is very bad, I have taken a lot of life nodes) and 222 life/sec. Is it ok for blood magic keystone ?

By the way, does the blood magic keystone increase man cost of skills like the blood magic gem ?

You should rush to the blood magic node when you have around 5% hp reg and like 4000 hp because then your hp reg can support the hp lost from throwing traps + curse.

I have been playing this as a templar now since bloodlind started and im lvl 82 never ripped with this build.

My stats : with 6L belly ( rngesus loves me ) and i got no searing touch.

3000 paper with fire traps
6500 hp
2200 armor

I got 40% more hp to skill

My gear :
Ranger Phys ST Guide
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/888555
Last edited by ewaste on Dec 20, 2014, 8:11:55 AM
so increased burning damage gem isnt worth if u got searing touch and burn nodes?
Guide updated for level 100! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. :)
IGN: CorpsejackMenace
Grats Munsie!
Hardcore: TweetyAsplodeYou
Bloodlines: TweetyManMode
Holy shit... I've been following this guide on Bloodlines and just saw you hit 100 on HC via reddit, grats!
IGN: Sin
"
ewaste wrote:
"
Miriemos wrote:

You should rush to the blood magic node when you have around 5% hp reg and like 4000 hp because then your hp reg can support the hp lost from throwing traps + curse.

I have been playing this as a templar now since bloodlind started and im lvl 82 never ripped with this build.

My stats : with 6L belly ( rngesus loves me ) and i got no searing touch.

3000 paper with fire traps
6500 hp
2200 armor

I got 40% more hp to skill

My gear :

Looks pretty good, could you link your passive tree and give some pointers what route to take from the start?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info