Munsie's Fire Trap Marauder [Level 100 HC] [1.3 Update]

YOu forgot to link your weapon :P
"
CptQaoz wrote:
YOu forgot to link your weapon :P

It's a 6L Searing Touch
Ah, thanks, when I edited to include my new rings I must have broken that.

Searing Touch is re-added in all of it's six-linked glory.

I've already prepared the updated tree for when 1.3.0 hits, barring any major changes before release. The new 'illuminati' wheel is pretty fantastic, and I've managed to keep roughly the same amount of life and life regen that I had before.

>> New 1.3.0 passive link. <<
IGN: CorpsejackMenace
so, i just wanted to get some backup plan just in case crit flameblast will get nerfed or something. I just tried to put 1.3 passive tree together for this build. Wanted to share it here and i noticed you already did it. Good job, that was fast ;D

P.S. my tree is almost like yours, i didn't take templar mana regen at start, that's it

Spoiler
title says lvl 99. but introduction says lvl 98. nothing serious, just a small thing
Last edited by silentwrath888 on Dec 5, 2014, 1:15:21 PM
"
so, i just wanted to get some backup plan just in case crit flameblast will get nerfed or something. I just tried to put 1.3 passive tree together for this build. Wanted to share it here and i noticed you already did it. Good job, that was fast ;D

P.S. my tree is almost like yours, i didn't take templar mana regen at start, that's it

Spoiler
title says lvl 99. but introduction says lvl 98. nothing serious, just a small thing

Can I ask why would you rather play flameblast than a fire trap skill based char?

What do you guys think about this 1.3 Fire trap shadow?

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYARXyXl_v1tDjlGYw2pLFVS-WOYeKdYyaVXfIOSBGW44Qe8H_GBx42PXaCt3XuFRzclS6dqrTRDY3w1WKsbIzIDGwLSVEi9G0Zl_QI9FJTwFSXlT1fvOpqQ0yzBAeD2x8CVcY2xTI0OljYJK-3rJinCIdl8Wy4k52uEFg22CGw6-4abBJpLJxJGzT3muDkIjbpFxwqjZeFRZ3VpiSqcXnsVVNS7TwWb5o742o8BYKbn9_vfOw4wGYnLwSzkFWiABo48B_AGmjycYWvbFcp8xFM_0bXsUI8LcT2PQ8n7RzOBg4rUNR8Dc0J9v5ULpQ=

It has 130 less base life, -44% max life and only 2,8% life regen but offers a lot more elemental damage, +213% more elemental/spell/fire damage!, 45% more DoT effect, 1 extra trap and a lot of INT (with a few max mana nodes it shouldn't need BM) and starts grabbing damage right off in early game.
I also took Breath of Flames nodes up in the witch tree for 10% extra chance to ignite and burning duration for possible synergies with other flame skills.

It also doesn't have 200% to max armor modifier but I don't think that matters that much. You're basically going to run around and keep throwing traps while trying no to tank anything.

P.S. If original 1.2 Munsie's build did fine with 5,7k armor on HC, I will too.

So let me know what you think and if that double damage is worth it.
Nemesis IGN: [Removed by Admin]
Last edited by hellzer on Dec 5, 2014, 6:47:34 PM
"

Spoiler

Thanks for pointing that out. I've been trying to keep the thread up-to-date as the build changes and things are updated, but evidently a few things slipped through the cracks. When we have some final confirmed 1.3.0 skill tree, I'll rehaul the whole original post and make sure it's 100% accurate with 1.3.0 passives, stats, etc.

A video too! I've been meaning to record a new one for a while now. The only thing that usually stops me is my horrible upload speeds (hooray for Canada's 3rd world internet).

"
hellzer wrote:
What do you guys think about this 1.3 Fire trap shadow?

As I mentioned in our exchange via PM (just want to repeat it here for anyone else reading), the biggest thing to change on your Shadow tree is to get Clever Construction. That node is the single reason I regret starting as a Marauder haha.

Can this build do atziri? Have you done it maybe?
Nemesis IGN: [Removed by Admin]
"
hellzer wrote:
Can this build do atziri? Have you done it maybe?

To quote myself from earlier in the thread;

"
Munsie wrote:
"
Can this build do atziri herself? I assume not since she's immune to ignite

I haven't bothered to try because I'm pretty sure the damage would be terrible.

I'm really not thrilled with their design choices for the Atziri fights, it seems to exclude a pretty high number of caster builds. :(

That said, I've killed the double Vaals and could probably do the Triplets without too much trouble. Atizir's "cannot be ignited" mod pretty much sabotages the prospect of farming her with this character.
"
Can I ask why would you rather play flameblast than a fire trap skill based char?

1) i like crit flameblast more. casting 1 stack is quick and efficient. I love when build feels really quick
2) I have 180+ latency, traps are really clunky
3) I wont bother with traps anymore at all unless GGG adds an option to turn off namelocking (as in target ground)

I actually played trapper some time ago. Flameblast is just better for me

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info