Munsie's Fire Trap Marauder [Level 100 HC] [1.3 Update]

"
Why did you decide to go Blood Magic btw?

With 3 templar regen nodes you can have 115% mana regen just from tree + rings can have 60% each, amulet probably too, can't remember.
Combined with Clarity shouldn't it be enough to have at least one more aura going? Like Determination / Vitality or any Putity?

Even if this won't be enough changing 2 life nodes to Righteous Decree should help a lot.

It's just easier. Gearing is easier, running half regen is easier, logging in and immediately going into a map without having to worry about buffs is easier (and lazier, I suppose). Going mana-based would be fine, even potentially better, but I'm content as a BM char.
IGN: CorpsejackMenace
Hi Munsie! Saw your reddit thread the other day and I was intrigued by your build. :)

I have a few questions if you don't mind:

1) I have a 6L +3 Fire Rare staff with 26% spell damage and a free suffix slot. Do you think I could achieve similar DPS to your setup with such an item, or would a 6L Searing Touch still outperform due to the higher spell/fire/burn mods?

2) I also have a 6L Belly, would this be an acceptable substitution for a Kaoms?

3) Do you think one could switch Fire Trap for something else like Flame Blast or Flame Totem in your build and achieve good results?

Sorry if these are strange questions :P

Thanks!
Can't afford an kaoms, thinking of geting a belly myself, is that acceptable?
Last edited by painguard on Jan 9, 2015, 5:06:04 PM
"
Shmez wrote:
Hi Munsie! Saw your reddit thread the other day and I was intrigued by your build. :)

I have a few questions if you don't mind:

1) I have a 6L +3 Fire Rare staff with 26% spell damage and a free suffix slot. Do you think I could achieve similar DPS to your setup with such an item, or would a 6L Searing Touch still outperform due to the higher spell/fire/burn mods?

2) I also have a 6L Belly, would this be an acceptable substitution for a Kaoms?

3) Do you think one could switch Fire Trap for something else like Flame Blast or Flame Totem in your build and achieve good results?

Sorry if these are strange questions :P

Thanks!

Hi Shmez,

1) If you can craft the ~15-20% fire damage on there, you could probably get away without using a Searing Touch. You'll definitely want to get a (leveled) empower for that setup though, rather than burning damage.

2) I personally lose a ton of HP if I put Belly on, but it's still a really nice chest. You could potentially do some kind of EE dual-curse-on-hit setup in there if you wanted to get some more damage. A Carcass Jack is also a nice substitute for Kaom's.

3) Probably? I mean the tree is just a ton of life, regen and fire damage. Sometimes I use Firestorm in PVP and it seems to do damage. You'll experience a distinct lack of cast speed using something besides Fire Trap, though. You'd of course also need to worry about reflect if you go with something like Flameblast.

"
painguard wrote:
Can't afford an kaoms, thinking of geting a belly myself, is that acceptable?

As I mention above, Belly is a fine substitute, but it's no Kaom's. A decent rare or Carcass Jack can also work... You can get away with some corner-cutting on this build, for example, here's the chest I used on Corpsejack up until level 83 or so lol:

I rip'd today at lvl 81 to summoner exile with minion instability + +%monster life map mode + -18%max resist map mode, in a 69 map. Build is geat. Before this, I've hardly ever been concerned of dying. Maybe I grew too confident.

I'm really pissed about loosing my searing touch. If you are beginning in bloodlines, be carefull. This item is quite expensive, but mandatory for the build. I had to farm my ass off to buy it (with a +2 fire shitty mace), and then to 6 socket it. Died farming for the 5L/6L attempt.

Time to think what to play next, and wash the salt off me :(
"
Miriemos wrote:
I rip'd today at lvl 81 to summoner exile with minion instability + +%monster life map mode + -18%max resist map mode, in a 69 map. Build is geat. Before this, I've hardly ever been concerned of dying. Maybe I grew too confident.

Running minus max maps in general is a pretty terrible idea. Did you die to the vaal summon skeletons? The prolif melts those as they spawn, so if it's on top of you it's a bad time. If you pop your Ruby in time you might be okay, but in general you want it focused on your decoy.

Sorry to hear about your rip. :(
Doing your build on Torment, it's really fun and the clear speed is insane.

My gear atm:

Spoiler

Still have to improve a few things though.
very nice build, got to 80 with ease and just died.
you're very tanky from the beginning to the end,
and you almost never use your hp pots because of the regen.
Got a +2 staff as soon as I could to help a bit with the damage.

I died instantly to a bunch of lightning totems (5K+ hp, 40+% reduction from armor)
from a blue pack that died at my feet in necropolis. Good reminder for me,
became too careless because nothing could really hurt me anymore.
There is always this one pack that CAN kill you instantly, always be on your toes :)
Very happy it happened before I bought the unique staff.

Would really recommend this build to others if you like a safe build
with acceptable dps(had 4 link so 5L with conc. effect would be very nice dps)
and nice clear speed (prolif rocks).

Spoiler
My gear

8k Hp, 7k armor,700hp/s can do with ease all map mods (except no regen)...
Let me tell you this: I am wreckless player, kid, wife talking, me talking, riping constantly to reflect or some shit ... the max i reached was a lvl 93, this time i can do better ... a lot. Double shrine gmp -max, double crematorium same thing ... NO PROBLEMO ...
The problem is the playstyle ... not many will enjoy this unfortunatly
Random bump for the 1 month coming up.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info