Munsie's Fire Trap Marauder [Level 100 HC] [1.3 Update]

Going to give it a try, I´m done with the 1MSC , so lets try to get the 4 pieces in my first HC attempt
Went with this build for the 1MHC event, made it to 80 without any real issues. I had one very close call around level 60, but it was entirely my own stupidity - I ran into a room of chaos monsters that were all double ghosted and pretty much was in space. Got down to 134 HP, but made it.

The gear I used was all pretty crude. I didn't bother to buy a Searing Touch, because by the time I got the currency together to afford it, I was already 77 or so. But if you're going to try this build and you just can't afford a ST on Hardcore, don't worry about it - buy a random shitty 5l staff (make sure to get 18% block, it's a buyers market for sure) throw +2 Fire gems on that bitch, regal it and craft spell damage or a res.

Leaving off with 6,568 HP and a 1,789 AVGDMG Fire Trap.

Also, something to note - the damage on this character, even as low as 1.7K, was completely fine for 70/71 maps.

Bloodlines breakdown -

Bond of Chaos was very easy to avoid, really you'd have to try hard to get hit by it.
Corrupted Bloodline took ~11 stacks to get through my life regen, then was easily dispelled.
Cult of the Elements is to be feared, but that's true for every build. The shock aura is nuts, combined with the chill aura.. Fuck. Throw that on a pack of powerful crit leapers and you've got a good rip.
Elemental Bearers/Pulseblood/Heralds of the Obelisk/Legacy/Shared Boon/Shrouded/Spirit Walkers/Union of Souls are easy to deal with, being a ranged class and all.
Living Blood - This build isn't very susceptible to bleed, so it's great against the living blood unique.
Mark of the Cannibal - Searing Bond kept the regen in the negatives, so it's a NP.
Necrovigils/P-Link/Otherworldly are.. well, tedious.
Order of the Frozen Sky breaks your traps, so it's actually somewhat difficult. Easy to get around though, when you get the hang of it.
Voidspawns of Abaxoth I didn't dare fuck with.

Ghost possessions add ~75% gayness to any given pack. Would recommend this build for the 1MHC league.
Last edited by Ismaell on Apr 5, 2015, 7:57:40 AM
Just dinged 80 and 4/4 on the 1MHC. Finished at 6k life, ~1350 fire trap dmg. Was clearing packs in 70s with no real issues. Single target was a problem, but for the last ~4 levels I just ran white maps as fast as I could, only trapping each pack once and then running ahead. It cleared most white/blues this way, but rares with any life or life regen and any bosses/exiles were pretty well skipped.

I used flame surge for a bit in my extra slot, with conc effect + fire pen + iron will, but ultimately the range was too short for it to be useful and safe. And it was utterly useless in parties.

Gear:

Thanks Munsie!

Did this Fire Trap Build on 1MHC, had no close calls! (first time HC)
found a good belly, bought a 5l staff and everything was melting!

would recommend for save HC!
Glad you guys liked the build.

Bumping for Flashback league. :)

Hopefully this guide is useful one last time before Prolif gets nerfed into the ground.
IGN: CorpsejackMenace
Yeah, i read about the nerf - how lame. I ran a similar build on a shadow, but ran mana-based and it got me to 86 before I ripped a few leagues ago - trappers are safe and fun :) Not very good for group-play, but awesome solo.

Edit: Btw, I ran a flame surge trap for bosses and it made them melt :)
Mess with the best, die like the rest.
Last edited by Edzilla on May 8, 2015, 2:37:35 PM
Last edited by Kurdtak on Apr 30, 2018, 2:22:54 PM
anyway a 2.0 update will be happening ?
"
anyway a 2.0 update will be happening ?

Mmmmm not really. I refilled my passive tree. It's probably better than the 1.3 version... It has more life and more damage, same regen and armour I think. Even got an extra 4% radius off of that new fire damage node above Templar.

The problem is that they GUTTED prolif. The clear speed against trash feels pretty awful because you hit so few things per fire trap. Throwing more fire traps against a single pack just means you run out of them pretty quickly. Doesn't feel good at all.

Updated tree. I'd like to put Clear Mind in that jewel socket at some point, but it's pretty flexible if you'd rather just put a rare in there (maybe for more life, or resists, dex, etc).
IGN: CorpsejackMenace

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info